Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Your orientation

170 posts in this topic

Posted

I think that the school should focus more on toleration and respect in the early classes so that people get the right image of stuff, and not just the general view like Dustin's hometown has. No offense Dustin :P

Posted

hey guys? I have a question. If I turn out bisexual like i think I will. should I tell people? heres my situation.I would but,no one I know in this town is black,jewish, or gay so I don't know what they'll do. though some people do rip on gays and most people rip on jewish people. I plan on staying here till high school but still thinking if I will go to high school here or not. so... If im bi, should I tell people?

Posted

Oh it is dead gone! And maybe i am human, maybe i'm not. Depends on what you define as a human, and thats a long story....and again i dont care, threats about banning me wont work cuz like i said i can live without this site. Ciao! :)

hey guys? I have a question. If I turn out bisexual like i think I will. should I tell people? heres my situation.I would but,no one I know in this town is black,jewish, or gay so I don't know what they'll do. though some people do rip on gays and most people rip on jewish people. I plan on staying here till high school but still thinking if I will go to high school here or not. so... If im bi, should I tell people?

See that depends, i mean do you really trust these people? Most people dont know things and when they dont know or understand they become violent like the whole blacks against whites and nowadays the whole thing between not being str8 and being str8. I cant really help you out cuz i dont know these people, but the only thing i can say is...do you trust them? If you dont, then keep it a secret, they shouldnt know about it, i mean why should they? But if you do trust them and know nothing bad will happen then be my guest :D May my light and the lights of the angels guide you.

Posted

i use the religion analogy again, try telling someone to change their religion to prove a point, the majoritory of people will not change their religions just to prove a point...the only reason someone would change their religion would be a strong factor to question their beliefs, same goes for the whole gay thing.

Yes, just changing religions wenever you want to is (at least for most) impossible. Basicly, changing religion is changing what you have beleived all of your life, into something completely different, not beleiving what you beleived five minutes ago, just to prove a point. The only real way to change religions is if you have some experience in your life that had such in impact on yourself (in terms of faith) that you would change. It's just like anything else, like math, if you beleive that one plus one was equal to three, then saw solid evidence that it was, though you believed that it was three, to be two. You can't just be expected to find the real answer with no other human involvment.

Posted

Well. The amount of immaturity sometimes over this subject is.... Amazing!

If someone is gay/lesbian, it doesn't change their mindset in any other way!

As the band "Small Mercies" said, "You're so damn blind, I'm human, I'm mankind, perfectly flawed, just like you."

I'm a Catholic, just about to be confirmed, but I don't think anyone in my parish has anything against gays/lesbians, even the priest!

Then again, it's just like me not knowing that Zuzu was gay. :embarrassed:

I'm not sure if I am straight or not.

I have these feelings for another girl in my class, she's my best friend and I find her attractive. I'm not sure if it's an extremely deep affection for her or if it's something else.

Meh.

People with the mindset of, "Gays and lesbians are disgusting and they should die" should fall off a cliff.

With jagged rocks at the bottom.

Posted

Well. The amount of immaturity sometimes over this subject is.... Amazing!

If someone is gay/lesbian, it doesn't change their mindset in any other way!

As the band "Small Mercies" said, "You're so damn blind, I'm human, I'm mankind, perfectly flawed, just like you."

I'm a Catholic, just about to be confirmed, but I don't think anyone in my parish has anything against gays/lesbians, even the priest!

Then again, it's just like me not knowing that Zuzu was gay. :embarrassed:

I'm not sure if I am straight or not.

I have these feelings for another girl in my class, she's my best friend and I find her attractive. I'm not sure if it's an extremely deep affection for her or if it's something else.

Meh.

People with the mindset of, "Gays and lesbians are disgusting and they should die" should fall off a cliff.

With jagged rocks at the bottom.

I suppose you're right,but...'quivers'...

Posted

Oh my god Forrunner. I know your not that naive. There is nothing wrong with gay people. They are in love. Love is beautiful, and who cares what gender they are. As long as they're happy, it doesn't matter what everyone else things. Being afraid of gays is as prejudice as being afraid of a black man is racist.

Get over it!!!!!!

Y'know what, every homophobe on this site needs to click on this.

This right here.

That is exactly what you deserve to see. I hope you have homophobic nightmares.

Posted

Oh my god Forrunner. I know your not that naive. There is nothing wrong with gay people. They are in love. Love is beautiful, and who cares what gender they are. As long as they're happy, it doesn't matter what everyone else things. Being afraid of gays is as prejudice as being afraid of a black man is racist.

Get over it!!!!!!

This right here.

wow! simply wow! i knew it, i knew i wasnt the only person who felt strongly about this, yall just needed help getting your true emotions out. PS great job everyone. Again, people like you make the world go round :)

Posted

Get over it!!!!!!

This right here.

bah,im not afraid anymore.If I turn out gay,I'll just kill myself.I've already punched an old picture of myself because I thought I looked stupid in it and I thought I was retarded back then,and now my knuckles are bleeding because the glass cut them.

[btw,you need to CAPITALIZE the first letter in God,just saying.no offense,i don't want to piss you off,and i guess it would matter if you werent Christian,but I just wanted to point it out.]

Posted

eyeof truth... I clicked because im curious and curiosity made the cat jump because of the quick mute to music change and nearly blinded him for self explanitory reasons. dont do that anymore

Posted

Yeah, that was pretty bad. Maybe I should delete the link before someone like Hylian Twili clicks on it. . .

Posted

yeah....uhm.....anybody have any questions? I'm a great listener and i give great advice (only to people who deserve it)

Posted

At my highschool we didn't have anyone 'out' but people threatened if anyone was gay, they would be murdered. A lot of people said this.

No to put this into perspective: We only had WHITE people at my highschool. Black people that moved to the town were threatened EXACTLY the same way. Hating someone because they are different is wrong. Hating someone because of their race, or orientation, is bad. It's the same type of thing. Being afraid and hating someone just because they are different. My hometown is a sad sad place.

I went to an extremely multicultural school all different races, with several students were gay or bi, as well as several teachers who were clearly gay and readily admitted to it.

Australia has one of the more relaxed and accepting cultures in the world IMO, being an extremely multicultural society you learn to deal with differences in society, even though racism, homophobia etc still exist here, they are lessened.

My city - Sydney, is one of the gay capitols of the world, as far as I know it is only second to San Franscisco. I guess growing up here has made my mind open to almost anything. After all, how many cities have a yearly party in celebration of gay people? We have the Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras here, every year in march they close off some of the main streets of Sydney city and have a massive parade filled with all sorts of people. All people are welcome, regardless of who or what they are.

Yet, sadly Australia has one of the highest suicide rates in teens on a global scale - I'm sure most of them arnt sexuality related, but still a sad fact. Not sure why this is so.

Its really sad to see those closed-minded little towns that are so extremely xenophobic of anything that isnt white and religious.

It usually does take a massive event to end the latest form of discrimination...

I believe racism was finally ended mostly by the war in vietnam.. after 'saving' the viets from communism, they could hardly turn their backs on them. But there is no 'gay' country that we could war and then get make up with, so I wonder what it will take for this to end?

I dont mind so much the opinions of users like Ryu etc.

Sure, some people may be offended, but I know he is just a child and is still very young and naive (Please dont take offence ryu!). He is most likely just saying what his parents have told him to believe.

One of my best friends does Theology at uni and the class and teacher are all very religious when she isn't.. the things they say in that class are just plain stupid.

Teacher:

Why shouldn't gay people be allowed to get married?

Student:

Because they are not in love.

Oh my god.

That is what pisses me off.

bah,im not afraid anymore.If I turn out gay,I'll just kill myself.I've already punched an old picture of myself because I thought I looked stupid in it and I thought I was retarded back then,and now my knuckles are bleeding because the glass cut them.

[btw,you need to CAPITALIZE the first letter in God,just saying.no offense,i don't want to piss you off,and i guess it would matter if you werent Christian,but I just wanted to point it out.]

Its silly to kill yourself because of who you are - or because you can't accept who you are. You have no control over something like this..

Would you kill yourself if you were black? what about muslim? or jewish? or short? fat? blonde? The last few reasons are a bit more common for the average white person, but still its just as silly a reason to kill yourself.

Posted

eyeof truth...

your blaming me?!

and.. wtf gm? :wacko:

Posted

your blaming me?!

and.. wtf gm? :wacko:

eyeoftruth...