Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Twilight Princess 2-disk game

85 posts in this topic

Posted

if it's true then you could skip the first part of the game by playing the second disk >_<

that would be very strange..

so i think it's just on 1 disk and maybe a bonus disk ( i hope so) :D

Posted

nah, not true, if you loaded it, it'd probabbly say please insert disk 1 to continue...

Posted

they'll just read the memorycard/harddrive, if there is a CORRECT save file on the disk... only than you can use two disks

Posted

As long as I won't have to change in the middle of a boss-fight, I don't really care!

Posted

a 2-disc Zelda game would be an interesting change to say the least.

Posted

Yup... The bigger the better :D

Posted

they keep saying that Hyrule is huge in TP so 2-discs seems logical.

Posted

Multiple disks is a given; Tales of Symphonia can be beat in about 35 hours even though they say it is 80 hours long, and it has 2 discs. Zelda is going to be huge. The Wii version will probably all fit on one dual layer DVD (about 8.3 gig), but you have to realize that GC disks can only hold slightly more than 1 gig. From what I've seen of the game, judging by huge invronments, VERY detailed graphics for a GC graphics engine, and the fact that the developers and Nintendo execs all say this is going to be a very long game, it wouldn't surprise me if this ran to THREE GC disks.

As for disc switching, tales of symphonia and the psx FF games all had everything but plot specifics on every disk. On disk four of FF 9, for example, you could still go to all the places you could on disk one; you just couldn't go backwards in the storyline (why would you want to anyway?) It wouldn't surprise me at all if that is the tatic Nintendo uses on TP. In fact, if I find out after switching to disc 2 that I CAN'T go back, I'm going to be VERY ANGRY. But that won't be the case. If the Wii version is one continual game, then they will make the GC version with the same idea, just with a disc switch about halfway through.

Sorry about the huge post.

Posted

Maybe its 3 disks!!!!! :o

Oh, and warren2345, can I have my soul back?

Posted

Maybe it's four million disks!

You can't get your soul back....

Posted

nothing wrong with a long post, I think any more than 3 disks though and it could get more annoying more than anything, thinking about it shenmue was 4 disks and hat worked really well, can;t remember exactly how they did it though.

he he, i've started this whole soul thing now, might start a topic in open floor to see who's got the most B)

Posted

I have a 5-disk game, although it's a HUGE game.

Posted

Well I'll be getting the Wii version, so it's one disk for me. B)

Posted

I'm pretty sure it will be 2 disks for the GC...

Posted

Whether it's two discs or not, I will be buying this game on launch. It may be a hassle if true, but I would rather have 2 discs knowing that they have a ton of content rather than having a shorter game.