Christianity: Saving the world, or bringing pain and suffering to the world?

71 posts in this topic

Posted

A few more quick notes:

Also, God's gender. God's always referred to as a "He". Which also brought up a lot of sexism. It's said that we were created in God's image. OK, we all look like God.

So God must be an extreme hermaphrodite.

I dunno, God, if I were you, I'd get one removed or something.

But why would God do that? God is perfect! God wouldn't need one removed, but then God would also technically not be a full fledged man!

Because of the fact that in the old days (thoudands and thousands and thousands [etc.] of years ago) the world in its entirety was mostly sexist, it would seem natural for any person that God was revealed to to assume that this was a man, seeing as women were "inferior", and this assumption of gender became more or less a tradition. The truth is that God has no physical, comprehendable body, so He isn't specifically man nor woman. '~' As a matter of fact, children are being taught this sort of stuff in religious textbooks. Like, "God is neither a man nor a woman. Which of His traits are most like those of a man? Those of a woman?" And naturally, the male response is generally along the lines of "strong" and the female response is generally along the lines "loving".

Accually believe it or not I have read the bible and I have one question to all of those that have why is most of jesus' life not followed by the bible. The one book that is supposed to be about a religion for him won't tell you that he traveled to differant countries to learn all the religions. If jesus was alive today he would be a follower of spiritualism (he was back then too!) not christianity! He didn't believe in churches, he would never condone a church taking money from its followers, never! in the bible and I quote "Turn a log and you will find me, lift a rock and I will be there." What he means by this is you don't need to go to a church to practice faith you could be in the woods (log) or in a field (rock). Plaese can someone explain to me why untill the last few hundred years did the christian/catholic church burn ALL books and kill all people that tried to bring Jesus' true word to the people, why most of Jesus' life is stricken from the bible! So you ask me if I read the bible, YES I have, you? If you have you would see all the discrepencys it has, all the times it says one thing and then totally turns around and says another! So I ask again have you read the bible if not read it cover to cover then come back and tell me why when Jesus was 14 he dissappears from the pages and doesn't return until around 30. I will tell you why. If you all knew what he was doing, what he was following there would be no christain or catholic faith. And here is a little secret for you all to yell at me for, ready here it is, Jesus didn't die on the Cross, nope he didn't. He even had kids! Have you heard about all those secret societies like the Freemasons (and more that I can't remember at this time of the morning but I will add them when I can remember) that had secrets about Jesus' life well those secrets were about his bloodline. And what happened to them? The catholic church had them exicuted!!!

1) The Gospels were meant to be written as religious truth, not biographies.

2) Jesus was a devout Jew.

3) The reason Jesus toppled all those tables and stuff in the Temple was because the money changers were cheating people out of their money (I think you hinted at that somewhere in there...if not, then have a little fun fact).

4) There are historical accounts by non-Christians of Jesus' death. I quote Tacitus, Roman historian:

"Christus, the founder of the name, had undergone the death penalty in the reign of Tiberius, by sentence of...Puntius Pilate, and the pernicious superstition was checked for a moment, only to break out once more, not merely in Judaea, the home of the disease, but in the capital itself, where al things horrible or shameful in the world collect and find a vogue."

You can tell by his references to Christianity that he is no less than disgusted by it, and yet he accounts that the event did indeed take place.

Ok so in other words because its in the bible means it is the truth?! Um NO! The bible is a fictional book! Come on do you really think we ALL came from Adam and Eve? Do you think Noah really have EVERY animal on a boat to save them? I challenge you to find the book The Secret Sayings of Jesus Christ. In that book are his teachings HIS word, not the word the church wants you to believe! Mark my words in the next 10 years the will be scriptures found under the Sphinx that will disprove the whole Christain/Chatholic faith! Please print this out keep it some where and when it is found take this forum out and read it! Also get the book The Secret life of Jesus by Silvia Brown! Read it then ask yourself why the bible doesn't tell you about these years. Before you talk please read these books. Better yet read the bible and see all the discrepicys. I was baptised, communion and confermised in the Catholic faith, I have read the bible cover to cover! Have you! I am not asking anyone to believe in my faith not at all, I just challenge you read about other faiths, read about spiritualism really know about all religions before you try to understand your own! I did and that is why I am no longer catholic. I found that faith to be the least correct! Spiritualism was the very first religion the true religion the way Jesus Christ himself wanted us all to think and act. So please read these books and the bible before you try to do the Catholic thing and try to change the opinion of others. I don't want you guys to just take my word for it or believe what I belive, find out for yourselves!

1) Again, adapting my point #1 from up there, the Bible (especially parts of the Old Testament) is meant to be written as religious truth. The Pentateuch (first five books) was written during the Jewish exile in Babylon, because the next generation of Jews had begun to adapt to the Babylonian gods, and they felt that they needed to write their history down because I'm sure we'll all agree that things that are written down last longer than word-of-mouth traditions. The story of Adam and Eve in particular is more symbolism than fact.

2)There is proof that at oh so many thousand years B.C., there was a flood in the Middle Eastern area, just about where one would expect Noah to live. Was this the flood mentioned? I dunno. Maybe.

3) Quick note: The Great Sphinx of Giza was built around 10,500 B.C. I don't know how anyone could get anything under there these days. The Hebrews left Egypt around 1,440 B.C., too early for them to put anything under there, so I don't know what the Sphinx has to do with this at all.

4) The word Christ is derived from the Greek word Christus, which is a translation of the Hebrew word Messiah, which means "anointed one". You can't really call him Jesus Christ if you don't think he was the Christ. '~'

Posted

I never said he wasn't the messeh! He was just not in the way the Catholic church wants you to believe. Have you only read catholic books? And Jesus was born a Jew, yes I agree, but after his travels (you know the part the bible leaves out) he learns about all other religions and his out look changes thats why he was put to his fake death, not for practicing judism but for spreading a new religion a spiritual religion. Read some Gnostic Christain books, these are his true teachings also I will say it again get The Secret sayings of Jesus Christ and read it!

Posted

... This is getting confusing.

Another reason why I dun like religion...

Posted

I never said he wasn't the messeh! He was just not in the way the Catholic church wants you to believe. Have you only read catholic books? And Jesus was born a Jew, yes I agree, but after his travels (you know the part the bible leaves out) he learns about all other religions and his out look changes thats why he was put to his fake death, not for practicing judism but for spreading a new religion a spiritual religion. Read some Gnostic Christain books, these are his true teachings also I will say it again get The Secret sayings of Jesus Christ and read it!

You have totally missed the point of what ganny here was saying.

Posted

None of us are ever going to agree! This is how religious 1000 year wars are started! LOL!

Posted

Okay, I have way too much to say about this thread to put it in a post. I think I'll write a book for you guys. I will, however, make a few points.

1) Jesus was killed because he was "King of the Jews."The Romans wanted him to renounce his faith, and they killed him because he wouldn't. He was not a spiritualist, so sorry Diamond Triforce. He was born a Jew, lived a Jew, and Died a Jew.

2)The bible did detail the travels of Jesus. The parts they left out were his life as a CARPENTER and a bit about his early life as a Rabbi.

3)Jihad is Islamic "holy war" just as the crusades were Christian "holy war." It is done by extremists who think don't understand the religion very well. Christianity is called the most violent religion, but judging it by crusades and the Spanish Inquisition is like judging all Germans by Adolf Hitler.

4) I just thought I should clear this up. Elisha did curse 42 young boys and God did send 2 female bears in. However, the story of the 42 mauled boys is much deeper than that. The boys were violent and reckless teenagers that were rising up against Elisha and God and threatening Elisha' well being. The bears protected him.

I am a very religious person, and I could tell you a lot about the bible. It isn't destroying our world, people are. Also, don't talk bad about Christianity if you don't know what you are talking about. It bugs me to no end.

Posted

How funny that what everyone says is fact, huh! NOTHING about the life of Jesus or the Bible is fact NOTHING. It is all stories past down from generation to generation. The only way to know fact/truth it to either die and go to the Otherside or invent a time machine! Anyone that thinks any of this is fact or the bible is fact is just fooling themselves. The only people that know the truth are either dead or were never born!

Posted

How funny that what everyone says is fact, huh! NOTHING about the life of Jesus or the Bible is fact NOTHING. It is all stories past down from generation to generation. The only way to know fact/truth it to either die and go to the Otherside or invent a time machine! Anyone that thinks any of this is fact or the bible is fact is just fooling themselves. The only people that know the truth are either dead or were never born!

:(

close-minded people have no reason to discuss for they are already certain in what they believe in.

well people have proven a man named Jesus was alive, and i believe the bible was fact.

i have no problem if people don't accept, it's just the:

Anyone that thinks any of this is fact or the bible is fact is just fooling themselves.

Posted

Okay, I have way too much to say about this thread to put it in a post. I think I'll write a book for you guys. I will, however, make a few points.

1) Jesus was killed because he was "King of the Jews."The Romans wanted him to renounce his faith, and they killed him because he wouldn't. He was not a spiritualist, so sorry Diamond Triforce. He was born a Jew, lived a Jew, and Died a Jew.

2)The bible did detail the travels of Jesus. The parts they left out were his life as a CARPENTER and a bit about his early life as a Rabbi.

3)Jihad is Islamic "holy war" just as the crusades were Christian "holy war." It is done by extremists who think don't understand the religion very well. Christianity is called the most violent religion, but judging it by crusades and the Spanish Inquisition is like judging all Germans by Adolf Hitler.

4) I just thought I should clear this up. Elisha did curse 42 young boys and God did send 2 female bears in. However, the story of the 42 mauled boys is much deeper than that. The boys were violent and reckless teenagers that were rising up against Elisha and God and threatening Elisha' well being. The bears protected him.

I am a very religious person, and I could tell you a lot about the bible. It isn't destroying our world, people are. Also, don't talk bad about Christianity if you don't know what you are talking about. It bugs me to no end.

Yeah, I totally agree with everything there.

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUSITION!

I'm sorry, I just had to.

Posted

Couple more things, not as important as my last ones:

All that is why I follow spiritualism. We dont look down on anyone!

"Both christianity and chatholisim are the deadliest faith in history."

"Anyone that thinks any of this is fact or the bible is fact is just fooling themselves."

I never said he wasn't the messeh! He was just not in the way the Catholic church wants you to believe. Have you only read catholic books? And Jesus was born a Jew, yes I agree, but after his travels (you know the part the bible leaves out) he learns about all other religions and his out look changes thats why he was put to his fake death, not for practicing judism but for spreading a new religion a spiritual religion.

Pilate didn't want to put him to death, but the Jewish high priests insisted because they thought he was blaspheming by referring to himself as the son of God. Being threatened with a statement as "If you don't kill this man, then you are no friend of Caesar," he consented.

Do you have any proof of these alleged travels that the Bible leaves out? How did you come to know of them? Can you find any mention of it in history? I'm not arguing, but I want to "really know about all religions before I try to understand my own." '~'

And if you do believe in Jesus as being all that good stuff, then you contradicted yourself when you said:

I found that faith to be the least correct!

The only people who knew the truth wrote the Gospels. '~' :squint: And that's why the four are historically weighted.

Posted

Incorrect, sir. We have quite a bit of proof that the bible is true, and that proof is credible. There is evidence all around us, we just have to look. Besides, if we are going by the whole "Prove it" thing, can you prove your religion? Can anybody? I'll give you some advice: if you are looking for a really good argument in favor of Christianity, read the book "Dinner with a perfect stranger." There is so much good information in that book that I doubt anybody that reads it could do so without seriously thinking about everything.

On another point, the argument that the bible has been changed in any way is incorrect as well. The original Dead Sea Scrolls, when translated, read almost exactly the same other than a few minuscule differences that just have to do with complex wording and translation issues.

I just thought I'd tell you all that this thread has sparked the reappearance of an old interest of mine, and that interest is evangelism.

Posted

The ones that wrote the gospels actually live at least 200 years after christ.

Posted

More like 75 A.D, about forty years after he died, which is when Mark's was written.

Posted

Ok even then how much could have been changed in that time. Try saying something to someone and have them tell someone else and so on for about 100 people. The end result will be differant then the starting comment.

Posted

if you think the bible is anything other than a badly written, fictional novel, you should kill yourself.

if you think god actually exists in more than a spiritual sense, kill yourself. or actually, don't kill yourself. go around killing other people, because god told you to. you demented freak.

the god argument is a long and boring one. i can only propose that god doesn't exist because he can't exist, shouldn't exist and by all means shows no evidence of existing (genocides, anyone? oh right, those babies being burned by the hundreds a day are sinners and deserve to die. his great plan, right? i might propose a question, then: if god has such a plan, what kind of god is he? i'd say god would be a good candidate for satan, given his current set of standards, and, of course, if he actually existed, which he doesn't.) actually, scratch that. some mexican found god in a dorrito or some poo so obviously he exists. my entire theory is wrong. god damn you god, you're so clever!

prove me wrong, assholes. and don't tell me to prove you wrong, my beliefs don't cause global chaos, deathwarsracismhatreddifferenceandintolerance, prove your own poo, or get the **** into the nut house where you belong. here's to hoping by 2020 the world finally takes a stand against this walking dementia that we call religion and outlaws it. i'd bet both of my balls that the world would improve damn fast.

that's all, folks!

-father drew