Anime

1941 posts in this topic

Posted

I know how you feel. I miss it when YTV also showed DBZ. ;_;

Ugh, I just found out another horrible ripoff show they now broadcast on YTV during the weekdays. Ever hard of 'Dinosaur King'? (Neither did I, until the other day.) Its a horrible combination and ripoff of Pokemon, Digimon, and Yu-Gi-Oh. The dinosaurs in it are 3-D, so they don't match the animation at all. The animation is basically Bakugan, but with 3-d dinosaurs (0_0) And to top it off, the most recent Pokemon voice actors/actresses (I think) dubbed it.

So the main character sounds like Ash, and the main villains sound like Team Rocket. :cry:

Oh, the horror! How I miss the good ol' dubs, like Digimon and DBZ (both dubs for DBZ. I miss the Ocean dub more because I grew up watching that original first dub, the Canadian one. But Funimation's dub is excellent too.)

They don't brocast YTV in America... Well as far as I know of.

Anyway I never heard of the Dinosaur King... Unless it's that show on saterdays. I'll go check.

*5 minuets later*

Yup it is. I don't want to watch it. There you go Ocean another anime I've never heard of. Oh well.

Posted

http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/IndexAnime

Mind you that list isn't exhaustive. It's only the anime in the Crunchyroll database.

I bet half of them are Hentai.

And how many episodes of Pokemon are there? 500? All the episodes are crap, but I'm just interested to know...

Posted

I literally JUST finished "Fooly Cooly" right now. It was really good and random !! But, I was very disappointed that there is only 6 episodes to the Anime. It was definitely well done, though. I loved the things that came out of Naota's head XD My favorite was his cat ears! And I really think that Haruko brings the randomness to the show. It would not be the same without her. And, Naota's Father was weird! I didn't really like him. But, his freinds were cool. I thought Mamimi was okay, but she's not going on my favorites list anytime soon. Haruko just might, though. Naota.....I don't know. I also loved the random manga inserts into the Anime XD All around, I thought it was a good Anime :n_n:

Posted (edited)

They don't brocast YTV in America... Well as far as I know of.

Anyway I never heard of the Dinosaur King... Unless it's that show on saterdays. I'll go check.

*5 minuets later*

Yup it is. I don't want to watch it. There you go Ocean another anime I've never heard of. Oh well.

YTV is basically a Canadian version of Toonami/Nickelodeon. It's a channel.

Ocean isn't an anime. It's a dubbing group (Ocean Studios.) Ocean Studios was the first ever studio to dub DBZ (but I don't think they dubbed it fully), then Funimation took the rights to DBZ and re-dubbed it themselves. I don't think they're even finished dubbing it yet because they're still releasing the Seasons in DVD Boxed Sets. I'm not sure if the Funimation dub version aired in the U.S, but Ocean Studios' dub version aired here, so I grew up watching it.

@Cindy: Yup, FLCL was pretty good. You're now watching Buso Renkin, eh? Awesome! That's one of my favorite animes!! =D

Edited by Saria_Kokiri (see edit history)

Posted

I miss the original TOM as well...

Now Saira I'll have you know that FUNmation people doing DBZ are some of the same people who did FMA... For example: Sonny Strait= Bardock, Krillin (Dragon Ball Z), Giru, Krillin (Dragon Ball GT), Bandages, General Blue, Krillin (Dragon Ball), Maes Hughes (Fullmetal Alchemist). Vic Mignogna= Dragon Ball Z Movies 8, 10 and 11 - Broly : Burter, Fullmetal Alchemist - Edward Elric (he's also Dark Mousy). Christopher Sabat: Dragon Ball - Yamcha, Kami, King Piccolo, Piccolo Junior, Grandpa Gohan, Korin, Mr. Popo, Shenron (and others), Dragon Ball Z - Vegeta, Yamcha, Piccolo, Zarbon, Recoome, Jeice, Burter, Salza, (and others), Dragon Ball GT - Vegeta, Piccolo, Syn Shenron, Omega Shenron, Yamcha, Vegeta Junior, Fullmetal Alchemist - *Alex Louis Armstrong*.

Thank you wiki for helping the girl who's never watched a episode of Dragon Ball.

Can anyone give me a good Magical Girl anime? I already have Sailor Moon, Tokyo Mew Mew, and Shugo Chara! on my list, (also card captors I watched it back when it was on WB Kids, and have two of the three episode tapes.)

Posted (edited)

Now Saira I'll have you know that FUNmation people doing DBZ are some of the same people who did FMA... For example: Sonny Strait= Bardock, Krillin (Dragon Ball Z), Giru, Krillin (Dragon Ball GT), Bandages, General Blue, Krillin (Dragon Ball), Maes Hughes (Fullmetal Alchemist). Vic Mignogna= Dragon Ball Z Movies 8, 10 and 11 - Broly : Burter, Fullmetal Alchemist - Edward Elric (he's also Dark Mousy). Christopher Sabat: Dragon Ball - Yamcha, Kami, King Piccolo, Piccolo Junior, Grandpa Gohan, Korin, Mr. Popo, Shenron (and others), Dragon Ball Z - Vegeta, Yamcha, Piccolo, Zarbon, Recoome, Jeice, Burter, Salza, (and others), Dragon Ball GT - Vegeta, Piccolo, Syn Shenron, Omega Shenron, Yamcha, Vegeta Junior, Fullmetal Alchemist - *Alex Louis Armstrong*.

Thank you wiki for helping the girl who's never watched a episode of Dragon Ball.

I already knew that. I wasn't saying the FUNI dub was bad,, but I'm just more used to the Ocean dub.

Chris Sabat's Vegeta in the FUNimation dub is significantly different compared to Brian Drummond's, and that's how I found out which version I grew up watching.

Also, Ocean Studios dubbed the anime InuYasha (yay :D) and some voice actors from Ocean Studios are scattered throughout animes and cartoons.

For eg.: Scott McNeil (of Ocean Studios) also voices Stork in the American TV show, 'Storm Hawks' (which is actually a pretty good show.)

Edited by Saria_Kokiri (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah I watched Storm Hawks a little... Scott was in FMA too you know? He was Ed's dad (who I can't tell you about without ruining the story). And I knew about Ocean and InuYasha. I really hate who ever was dubbing Karin that was just terrible. I'm gonna make an audition for the fandub on youtube though something tells me it'll get it right (though all of the Anjus haven't added any warmth to her voice what so ever...

Saria could you give me a good Magical girl to put on my to-watch list?

Posted

Saria could you give me a good Magical girl to put on my to-watch list?

I don't really watch many animes with magical girls much to be honest.

Elemental Gelade kind of has that, and its a great anime. Um... the Munto OVA movies definitely have that (both movies are excellent), and... well those are the only ones I can name off the top of my head. :embarrassed:

Posted

Ah... Thanks anyways... Magical girl i the only type of Shojo I can stand so...

Posted

I'm so happy! I found 'Clannad After Story'! =D =D There really are currently 2 episodes out, but man I've been craving some Clannad for awhile.

Episode 2 was so freaking funny. XD Sunohara ftw. :3

Well I'm off to finish Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu.

Posted

Cindy, I can't take you seriously as an Anime fan anymore. You haven't seen Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind? I can't believe you couldn't get what my name was referencing. Come on! Studio Ghibli is brilliant for anime. Get watching them.

The Little Norse Prince

Castle of Cagliostro

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

The Cat Returns

Porco Rosso

Pom Poko

Kiki's Delivery Service

Laputa: Castle in the Sky

Howl's Moving Castle

Princess Mononoke

My Neighbor Totoro

Grave of the Fireflies

Whisper of the Heart

My Neighbors the Yamadas

Spirited Away

Only Yesterday

Tales from Earthsea

They're all brilliant in their own way.

Posted (edited)

Cindy, I can't take you seriously as an Anime fan anymore. You haven't seen Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind? I can't believe you couldn't get what my name was referencing. Come on! Studio Ghibli is brilliant for anime. Get watching them.

I AM a Anime fan. I realized it as soon as I saw your name that it was from Nausicaa. I didn't realize it at the time. I am babysitting right now. I got distracted :embarrassed: I am sorry!! I know that your name comes from Nausicaa's Fox Squirrel ^^ I also own a lot of Studio Ghibli DVDs ;)

Edited by Cindy (see edit history)

Posted

Fair enough. As long as you've seen Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I'm O.k now.

^-^

Posted

I'm O.k now.

:D

Yay!!

Posted

Have you seen Lupin the third? I haven't. Only the film, Castle of Cagliostro.