Anime

1941 posts in this topic

Posted

I found a Fullmetal Alchemist test to see which character I am.

You are Edward Elric, the FullMetal Alchemist. You love your gifts and what you do, but hate it when you're told what to do with your talents, especially if it goes against your principles. You're passionate, forgiving (at times), and above all, determined to pursue your dreams.

Ed

55%

Hughes

50%

Mustang

45%

Hawkeye

40%

Scar

30%

Al

30%

Trisha

25%

Winry

10%

Here it is.

Posted

So what's Eureka 7? I think it's in Lemo's signature. A bunch of school kids?

Eureka SeveN is an anime set in the future, where trapar particles exist in the air (enabling people to literally "surf in the sky." This act is known as, "lifting" and is a good pastime/sport) and LFO's (Light-finding Operations, giant robots/mechs that can be controlled if someone pilots them.) Anyways, the story follows a young 14 year old boy (Renton Thurston) who is the son of a legendary hero who saved the world once (Adrock Thurston) many years ago. Renton, himself isn't considered to be remotely special, and he hates living in the town of Bellforest (no good lifting areas, military practically everywhere, basically completely boring.) He aspires to be a great lifter someday, like his idol, Holland Novak: Leader of the gang known as the Gekkostate (a gang against the military, but world renowned.)

One day, a white military LFO crash lands onto Renton's house, completerly destroying his room. The pilot of the LFO is a strange young girl named Eureka (pronounced Eh-oo-wreck-ah) who asks for repairs to be made to her LFO (Renton's grandfather is a mechanic, and Renton himself knows a bit about mechanical work.)

As Renton is making repairs, the military enter Bellforest in an attempt to take back Eureka's white LFO (called Nirvash.) Turns out it was stolen from the military by the Gekkostate, which Eureka is a part of. She quickly takes Nirvash and flies into the sky to fend off the military, while Renton's grandfather quickly runs to him and hands him a strange looking object. Axel (Renton's grandfather) calls it an, 'Amita Drive' and says it belonged to Adrock many years ago. He also tells Renton that it is a piece that (if attached to the Nirvash) will truly awaken the legendary white mech.

Renton lifts up to Eureka, attaches it the Nirvash, which creates the Seventh Swell Phenomenon. (I can't really explain the phenomenon, you'll have to watch.)

And eventually Renton joins up with the Gekkostate.

Its a really awesome anime. 8D

Posted

Hmmm. Sounds pretty good actually. I'll check that one out sometime too... *sigh* I have to look up so much anime.

Posted (edited)

Hmmm. Sounds pretty good actually. I'll check that one out sometime too... *sigh* I have to look up so much anime.

Hah, I know how you feel! So much anime, so little time.

But on an Eureka SeveN note, one of the members of an E7 forum I go on got to see the pre-screening of the movie in Japan. She wasn't able to get in any clips on her camera from the movie (which isn't that bad really. I mean, I for one wouldn't totally love to see E7 in low quality) but she did get a picture of the poster for the Eureka SeveN movie.

Movie_Poster.jpg

I had a fangirl moment. XD XD Judging from the poster, the movie animation looks great. =) She also gave it a 9.6/10, so everything looks good. Its too bad its not a continuation, though.

Edited by Saria_Kokiri (see edit history)

Posted

Cool. I don't actually have much to watch. Only Wolf's Rain episodes 8 onwards and Fullmetal Alchemist episode 3 onwards.

It's not much really...

And I still have to watch Little Norse Prince which I actually have on DVD, but I just can't be bothered.

Posted

I watched E7 for like 2 or 3 minuets then I changed it. It had some old dude dancing with some young girl. WTF. I changed it because I was afraid where that was going.

Posted (edited)

I watched E7 for like 2 or 3 minuets then I changed it. It had some old dude dancing with some young girl. WTF. I changed it because I was afraid where that was going.

That might've been the episode where there was a bunch of people dancing at some outdoor pad, where Ray and Charles first appeared. Although Charles and Ray are about the same age... and they're married, lol.

Might've been Holland and Talho. Do you remember if the older guy had short, curly-ish grey hair and wore a yellow ascot (kind of like a scarf) around his neck? Either way, Holland may look a little old ('cause of his hair), but he's just a few years older than Talho. He's had silvery-grey hair forever. XD

I'd still give it a chance, if I were you. It really is a great show! Heck, it was the anime show that changed my outlook on anime (for a very long time, I thought it was stupid and pointless, and about nothing but people with multicolored hair and swearing every few minutes. Boy was I wrong. XD)

Posted

Nice one. I'm definitely going to check it out sometime... But are there any anime movies you know of? I find it easier to watch movies. I just can't be bothered watching piles and piles of episodes for hours on end. That's why I like the Studio Ghibli collection. I really should watch Lupin III as well, seeing as I've watched the movie...

Posted (edited)

Nice one. I'm definitely going to check it out sometime... But are there any anime movies you know of? I find it easier to watch movies. I just can't be bothered watching piles and piles of episodes for hours on end. That's why I like the Studio Ghibli collection. I really should watch Lupin III as well, seeing as I've watched the movie...

Hm... well I heard the anime movie, 'Strait Jacket' was pretty good. I was thinking of buying it, but I'd rather watch it online first. Since I haven't seen it, I can't fully recommend it, but I have heard its pretty good.

As for anime movies that I've seen, then I'd recommend Clannad (the movie, not the anime, although the anime is awesome as well), Appleseed (2004 version. Also, this is more CG than anime, but its awesome nonetheless), Appleseed Ex Machina (also CG, but awesome), Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (has nothing to do with the Final Fantasy games, and is also CG. Oh, and I'd watch it in English, the original version it was made it. Yep, anime-style characters, but made for English. Plus, James Woods voices the villain, and who wouldn't love that!? XD), Akira, Steamboy, and Ghost in the Shell.

Posted

Strait Jacket... I think I'll look it up right now actually. I was just wandering around the forums, looking for something to do anyway.

Posted

E7 movie release date, May 2009

hooray we don't have to wait too long!

Posted

That might've been the episode where there was a bunch of people dancing at some outdoor pad, where Ray and Charles first appeared. Although Charles and Ray are about the same age... and they're married, lol.

Might've been Holland and Talho. Do you remember if the older guy had short, curly-ish grey hair and wore a yellow ascot (kind of like a scarf) around his neck? Either way, Holland may look a little old ('cause of his hair), but he's just a few years older than Talho. He's had silvery-grey hair forever. XD

I'd still give it a chance, if I were you. It really is a great show! Heck, it was the anime show that changed my outlook on anime (for a very long time, I thought it was stupid and pointless, and about nothing but people with multicolored hair and swearing every few minutes. Boy was I wrong. XD)

I don't know this was like in May, or March.

Yeah I used to watch anime, DBZ, Sailor Moon, witch wasn't my idea to watch it, it was on after DBZ, and I was to lazy to change it because I didn't have a remote, and I always used my foot. Anyway the anime that turned my liking of DBZ was Inuyasha. Out of the 2 episodes I watched I got a bike fixing on, and one with a guy that they were about to fight, but he ran away. Then that was it besides the 2-3 minuets of E7 because also my parents came home, and I was soupposed to be asleep.

Posted

I just want to ask whats the best anime music you've heard.

Posted

Keroro Gunso, Ouran High School Host Club, and Soul Eater soundtracks :D

Posted

Rely i never heard of that anime is sounds ok.

I like the opening and closing of full metal panic.

you shoud try the Fullmetal alchemist soundtrack.