Anime

1941 posts in this topic

Posted

Death Note is a very good series. I'll have to check out Karin then.

Posted

They're two entirely different concepts though, and I just think Karin is a tad funner and better written than Death Note...

Posted

ou need to try Karin. I think it's better that Death Note, and I really like Death Note....

Because you like fun animes where there's always something going on. You can't appreciate Death Note's greatness unless you like the genre.

Posted

Detah note sucks, the animation is really crappy, it has at least 5 mouth movements per speech, how the hell can you call anime good? the storylines suck as well. Gotta go fight the bad guy, like, how generic.

Posted

Death Note is different from normal anime though. Light finds a notebook that, if you write a person's name while thinking of what they look like, will kill them. He starts using it to kill criminals in his attempts to make a new world free of war and crime which he can rule over. This other guy, L is trying to find ham and stop him. Up to episode 25 L is trying to find out who is committing the murders and Light is trying to find out L's name so that he can kill him. It's pretty good and it kept me entertained throughout.

But Wolf's Rain is more like your average anime. Their trying to get to Paradise whatever that is...

And FMA... I'm only on episode 3, but the main guy is trying to get his brother's body back after he accidentally destroyed it...

Posted

Because you like fun animes where there's always something going on. You can't appreciate Death Note's greatness unless you like the genre.

I like death note's genre, it's fun story arced moving towards a main plot better. I also like in when one of the best characters is introduced later on (Elda) instead of in from the start, but goes away (Ryuuk). but I hate the dub of Karin it was so bad... Karin went seemingly 5 octaves (and they pronounced her name in the English way)! Anju's to apathetic, Ren sounds like he's from texas (in the sub/raw he's this awesome charismatic deep sexy voiced fangirl attractor), Bge(Boogie)-Kun way just not nasally enough, Carera was just taken in the wrong direction entirely, Henry wasn't near deep enough, And the other characters are just bad too (Winner especially)

Posted

Death Note is different from normal anime though. Light finds a notebook that, if you write a person's name while thinking of what they look like, will kill them. He starts using it to kill criminals in his attempts to make a new world free of war and crime which he can rule over. This other guy, L is trying to find ham and stop him. Up to episode 25 L is trying to find out who is committing the murders and Light is trying to find out L's name so that he can kill him. It's pretty good and it kept me entertained throughout.

But Wolf's Rain is more like your average anime. Their trying to get to Paradise whatever that is...

And FMA... I'm only on episode 3, but the main guy is trying to get his brother's body back after he accidentally destroyed it...

I wouldn't really call Wolf's Rain a generic anime (mostly because of the ending.) My take on a generic anime (for the most part) is boy meets girl (girl can be magical or have something special about her.) Boy and girl end up together in the second-last or very last episode. So, Eureka SeveN's beginning was generic, but really got interesting afterwards. Even though fans had to wait 50 episodes for Renton and Eureka to actually kiss, the two became in love about halfway through the series: after that, a plot that had been hinted earlier in the series started to unfold and it was just really awesome. ^_^

I finished up two animes the other day: 'Vampire Knight Guilty' and, 'Kannagi.' I can honestly say that Vampire Knight (Season 1) sparked my interest in the beginning, and then Vampire Knight Guilty (Season 2) just sent it spiraling down the drain. You'd have to be a hardcore Vampire Knight manga fan to truly love that full anime, IMO. I mean, who wouldn't hate a supposedly epic battle that only lasts TWO MINUTES!? D:< I know there's gonna be a Season 3, though (and I'll probably end up watching it for the sake of finding out what will happen to the main characters. *sigh*)

Now, as for Kannagi, I thoroughly enjoyed that anime. The opening was spectacular (nothing less to expect from the one of the guys who worked on the Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star OPs.) All of the characters were likeable (IMO) and the ending, though short, was sweet. =) I hope to see a Season 2.

I've been craving some Bleach anime recently, so I think I'll go watch it. ^^

Also, I've officially started watching Full Metal Alchemist. Loving it so far. :D

Posted (edited)

Okay, I got myself a issue of OtakuUSA a few days ago. It's a really good Anime/Manga/J-Pop/Toys/And more magazine.

Well, I was flipping through the pages and I see this anime advertisement saying "Have your obsessions taken over your reality?". I did not think of it much at first. I went to the OtakuUSA official website. to watch their 'virtual DVD' since I have the code from the magazine. Well, I saw the same Anime in the virtual DVD under 'trailers'. I watched the trailer...and I was like "OH MY GOD. What just happened?". The trailer was sooo weird and awesome! The Anime is called Welcome to the NHK. And, I liked the trailer so much, I went immediately to AnimeSeason.com and watched the first episode. I got hooked. Like that. One episode. I watched the rest of the Anime for almost the whole day. And, NO! It's not going to/didn't take over Keroro Gunso. Are you crazy?!

-----------

The plot:

Welcome to the N.H.K. revolves around the lives of several young-adults all living in or around the city of Tokyo. Many different lifestyles are shown though most of the time the story focuses on the concepts of being a hikikomori, anime otaku, and having most of the characters experience intense feelings of depression and loneliness.

The main protagonist is Tatsuhiro Satō, a university dropout entering his fourth year of unemployment. He leads a reclusive life as a hikikomori, ultimately coming to the bizarre conclusion that this happened due to some sort of conspiracy. One day just when his life seems entirely unchanging, he meets Misaki Nakahara, a mysterious girl who claims to be able to cure Tatsuhiro of his hikikomori ways. She presents him with a contract basically outlining that once a day they would meet in the evening in a local park where Misaki would lecture to Tatsuhiro in an effort to rid him of his lifestyle. During these outings, many subjects are discussed, though they almost always pertain in some way to psychology or psychoanalysis. One of their first meetings in fact deals with interpreting Tatsuhiro's recent dreams. Both Tatsuhiro and Misaki, however, have a tendency of over-doing things, such as hiding the truth, especially from each other and themselves. Despite Misaki's offer and pressing attempts at salvation, it is Tatsuhiro's neighbor and high school friend, Kaoru Yamazaki, whom Tatsuhiro often turns to in moments of need and support. Also, despite his own idiosyncrasies, Yamazaki is one of the more stable characters in the story.

The opening:

Edited by Cindy (see edit history)

Posted

:huh: What the heck is up with that freaky ending? It scared me. :cry:

Anyway. I just watched the 8th Wolf's Rain episode. I would have watched the 9th, but the videos stopped working. >.<

Posted

I finally figured out the name of my favorite Shogu Chara character! You rock Seiichiro

That NHK thing. I saw it on Funimation's website when I was trying to figure out if they had contunied Genon's Karin dub but better...(Winner was from theirs, the should have put better people on it. Like Vic for Ren. He could do it he's Dark from DNAngle, which I need to look into)

Posted

I tried watching Welcome to the NHK a long time ago, but stopped fairly early into the anime.I don't think it interested me very much, but I might try to watch it again someday.

Posted

I'm trying to get back into Wolf's Rain. I just managed to watch the 8th episode, like I said before. If you don't know the one I'm talking about, it's the one where they go to a second town and meet this woman who is a flower person or something and then she 'withers away'. It wasn't the best episode, but it was still good. The thing about Death Note is that every episode was brilliant. My favourite episode is still the one where he finally kills Roy Penbar and has him write all the names of the FBI agents into the note for him. it was brilliant. Come to think of it, each of the episodes surrounding that one were brilliant. The one where he kills the guy on the bus and Roy Penbar's fianc

Posted

I'm trying to get back into Wolf's Rain. I just managed to watch the 8th episode, like I said before. If you don't know the one I'm talking about, it's the one where they go to a second town and meet this woman who is a flower person or something and then she 'withers away'. It wasn't the best episode, but it was still good. The thing about Death Note is that every episode was brilliant. My favourite episode is still the one where he finally kills Roy Penbar and has him write all the names of the FBI agents into the note for him. it was brilliant. Come to think of it, each of the episodes surrounding that one were brilliant. The one where he kills the guy on the bus and Roy Penbar's fianc

Posted

speaking of L, next year in high school they will be giving us macbooks. my background will be L's emblem, so it looks like his computer

Posted

I also forgot to recommend the Karas movies to you!

Cool. I think I might not look up what it's about. I'll just buy it instead. Impulse rocks. :D

And I looked it up on Amazon.co.uk and it's coming out as a collection on Blu-Ray in March. I'm hoping to save up for a HD-Ready TV, so if I get it by then, it'll work perfectly.:D

Thanks for the tip Saria, I'm sure I'll love them. And it's only