Sex outside of marriage

157 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think you should have sex outside of marriage because you don't want to rist getting STD's, and then in the end the person leaves you, and your all alone, but if you get an STD when your married there is a chance that the person won't leave you, and they will still love you.

That was dumb, but what i'm trying to say is I don't think you should have sex outside of marriage.

That's why you and your partner get tested for STDs.

Posted

I know what you're talking about though YLA, People can fake love and take advantage. But if they're willing to go as far as to get married you know they wont leave and that makes for a secure relationship.

That sounded even dumber... Ok, lets give up we know what's meant and that's that... Yup...

Posted

The fact is your first relationship is 98% likely to fail. Some of you may not want to hear that since your currently in your first relationship & happy, but chances are its going to end at some stage or another. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But a break up can be a good thing, everyone should experiance it as it does teach you alot of things about the person you thought you knew, yourself, and people in general.

If you (and possibly your partner) are lacking in experiance of a relationship there will be all sorts of problems, particularly when going on different stages of a relationship (friends, dating, sex partners, living together, marriage - whatever stage & whatever order they come in).

And the truth is, you wont really know what to expect in a relationship, even if you have been given a buttload of advice from experianced peers. Every relationship is different, and when talking about relationships, sex is on a different level to hugging a kissing etc. Personal experiance is the best teacher. There are things you can do to make sure there are no nasty / unwanted side effects to sex like getting an STI or unwanted pregnancy etc. I think its noble of some of you to want to wait til marriage. But I wouldnt wait. My view is that sex is pleasurable and good for you, so you may as well do it as much as possible.

There is no fairy tale prince or princess to come in, sweep you off your feet and make you both live happily ever after. Im not trying to sound pessimistic, just realistic. And again, you can find that some one special, and think things are perfect only to have the whole relationship blow up in your face. It happens. and dont think that if you are smart about it that you can see it coming.

You cant trust that the person you marry will be with you forever either. the divorce rate in most 1st world countries is disgustingly high. So much so that the meaning of marriage has been destroyed for alot of people. Today, it is often more for convienience than for love that makes people want to marry. (Money, Immigration etc.)

Posted

A lot of us understand that, Zuzu. But I'd rather willingly give myself to someone I love rather than just do it because I can. I'd rather have someone I trust and love, even at the time, than just do it because it's pleasurable. And I know it's not going to be happening in my first relationship.

Posted

Wow sistercather, you've only made one post and I already respect you more than a lot of other people. I hope you'll stay; this site could always use another person with high morals. Good for you, waiting untill marriage.

High morals? I can assure you mine are higher.

Posted

Well, I can't know how high her morals are because she hasn't posted again...

How high are your morals, eyeoftruth?

Posted

How high are your morals, eyeoftruth?

Pretty high. For example; I wouldn't steal my friend's money.

though I would steal his girl.

Posted

Pretty high. For example; I wouldn't steal my friend's money.

though I would steal his girl.

lol :lol:

Very true, Zuzu. Especially the second, third, and last paragraph. In the real world, I have an idea how things work with relationships. I would never divorce, though. If I ever do marry, I would first make sure our love is pure and true. If I have doubts of the marriage, no way I would marry that person anyway. Right now, I'm still a teenager, so I don't exactly know how to make sure this never happens. But when I'm older I'm sure I will have enough experience to know what will work and what won't. :)

Posted (edited)

Would you steal your enemies money?

Anyway, I will probably end up someone that shares my views on marriage, and that is that if you get a divorce for any reason other than your spouse cheating on you and then get married again than you are committing adultury.

Edited by shadowknight (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah your a true angel EoT :rolleyes:

Posted

No I didn't!

Posted

Are you thinking that something like the idea in "the davinci code" is true?

He did not have sex and he did not get married. Even if you don't believe that he was our savior, it is a fact that he was a rabbi. If he did that stuff he would have had a many more things happen to him before he actually died. They took their rabbi very seriously.

Posted

What bible are you reading?

Posted (edited)

Blasphemy!

Is that how it's spelt?... I don't know.

Edited by Jesus (see edit history)

Posted

Figurehead, I can't tell if you're mocking Jesus Christ or seriously have no idea what you're talking about. After what you were saying about Sahaquiel, I'm inclined to believe it's the first one. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.