What games are you playing currently?

1908 posts in this topic

Posted

I got it too. Lets play without Pheo. It will be awesome

Posted

Both games look like lots of fun. I'll look into both of them.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Icarus is cheap. Only thing is without a full crew its not as much fun, so the more the merrier.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

this game is incredibly silly

It came out Thursday, I already beat it.

Posted

WE DID IT.

WE BEAT CHAMPION'S ROAD

Posted

A long time coming

Posted

I am not going to lie, I was pretty much carrying the entire team.

Posted

Playing Batman: Arkham City.

Man,  puppy that last Catwoman mission. I like playing as her, partially because of the great view and also because you have to play so differently than you do as Batman, but man, puppy Two-Face. In both ears so both sides get it.

I may be slightly frustrated with it.

なべ likes this

Posted

I beat borderlands 1 last weekend. It was a little too easy. Liked the second a lot better.

But now I feel like I can comfortably play the pre-sequel

Posted

bought Hitman Absolution and also a new copy of Sonic Generations because my other one mysteriously stopped working and I need my rooftop run goddammit.

Treemotan likes this

Posted

So I was playing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, which came out like 2 weeks ago. In the game, Shantae has to team up with Risky Boots (who is normally the primary antagonist) to prevent Risky's mentor from resurrecting and puppying the world over like the evil sorcerer pirate he is.

So, at some point, I go to Tan Line Island to find a source of evil and destroy it. I wind up going into a temple filled with fanatical cultists or something, who decide that Shantae is their long lost princess who has returned to lead them or something. Despite her protests, they put her in a silly princess leia bikini ("I feel like a space princess") and lock her up til some ceremony begins, taking her tools away from her. The game becomes a stealth mission. I find a key and open a door, and Risky Boots is behind the door, also wearing the princess leia bikini. Apparently they also thought she was the princess and so they grabbed her at the docks and locked her up too. I find another key and open another door, and Sky is behind it, also wearing a princess leia bikini, because they also thought she was the princess too. Sky was in the desert because she was trying to find a way to remove the curse on her recently cursed fiance.

I realize there is another locked door. I was like "who the hell is behind that door no one else has a reason to be here--oh my god its Rotty Tops isn't it"

YEP. Rotty Tops was there for some bullshit reason or other. She doesn't even care that she was abducted. Her reaction is "YAY WE GET TO BE PRINCESSES" which I suppose is the reasonable reaction.

Rotty Tops confirmed for best character. Again.

jn0uCUY.png

This game is incredibly silly.

Posted

Oh right, and when the characters proposed ideas to escape, Rotty's was "I want to distract them with my fan dance!" which is a Star Trek reference. So Shantae made a reference to both Star Wars and Star Trek in the space of about 20 minutes

Posted

Played and finished 140 today. It lasted 45 minutes. Really short game, and left me really wishing there was more. It's a rhythm platformer, like a mashup between the visual style and gameplay of Thomas Was Alone and rhythm-driven gameplay of Beatbuddy. Beatbuddy has the arguably better soundtrack, but 140's soundtrack fits the visual style better than any other music might.

Here's the 3 bosses of 140. I recommend this game quite a lot, though maybe some people might find it's not cheap enough for the amount of game you get.

Posted

Remembered I had an unfinished Heros mode file on ALBW. Played some last night, I'm at the boss of my third dungeon. I could only play an hour before I got sick of losing 3-4 hearts per hit because that shit is cray

Posted

So ever since I got steam I've been taking FULL advantage of the fact that I now have access to like a bajillion games. Just picked up the humble indie bundle 13 with games like Jazzpunk, risk of Rain, and Shadowrun returns, and I just saw that Valkyria Chronicles is available on steam so of course I'm going to be picking that up. I'm sure I could rom it, but this is supposed to be the one with an actually decent plot, and I want to support the makers of the game so they can hopefully get the money together to make VC4. I officially have too many games to play.