What games are you playing currently?

1908 posts in this topic

Posted

I had a period of time when I could play Crysis 2 and games like that on the maximum settings but Minecraft would still run like a steaming poop.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Minecraft is also really badly optimized.

I have a question because I don't know much about Minecraft: is it badly optimized because it's a Java app or is it badly optimized on top of being a Java app? Because Java apps are all horribly inefficient compared to real standalone programs.

Posted (edited)

Yeah it's a bit of both. Java apps are pretty badly optimised in general and Minecraft is also pretty bad apart from Java. But it's also a lot better than some other Java apps I've seen and Minecraft-likes so your mileage may vary.

Edited by Verity (see edit history)

Posted

Magicka is supposedly super badly optimized. I have a super-new computer build that can't run it, and I've heard of folks with better builds that have unplayable lag with it.

Posted

comic368_zpse80a83d6.png

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Any cheap games you guys would recc buying?

Posted

Morrowind. It's like, 5 dollors or something now for 300 hours of solid gameplay if you're up to it.

Posted

Yeah I've played Morrowind before haha

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Shantae kickstarter just reached a stretch goal that added more playable characters with their own stories

Hero-Mode-More-Images.png

Yessss

Posted

Bought Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright. Still in the prologue

Posted (edited)

Been playing a lot of Skyrim recently... as Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4. Don't judge me.

That, and thanks to getting my little brother into iDOLM@STER, I've gotten some extra DLC funding so we've been playing through iDOLM@STER: One For All!'s new extra story routes. 

Can we take a minute for my waifu for laifu. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcX6tuEe3IU

Like seriously I love her new song. And you know Ritsuko in general. Like Takane might be my favorite character but Ritsuko's like an extremely close second and if I were to choose one to date it'd be Ritsuko

Edited by Treemotan (see edit history)
Knuckle likes this

Posted

Been playing a lot of Skyrim recently... as Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4. Don't judge me.

Character Build please, my current one is boring :sadlink:

Posted (edited)

Character Build please, my current one is boring :sadlink:

Buh, on a tablet right now. But I know I've leveled and invested my skill points into One-handed (particularly in the dual-wielding area), Light Armor (since a few of its perks help improve speed and mobility; they integrated some of the aspects of the acrobat skillset from Oblivion into it and sneak), Sneak (kind of keeping with the theme of mobility and ninja, plus it kind of inadvertantly leveled thanks to Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests, and some perks make daggers more effective), Restoration (Since in P4 he has access to healing spells), a little bit of Smithing (mainly in light armors, for the sake of improving weapons), and Speech (mainly for the barter skills; way I see it in the Skyrim universe Junes does not exist so his dad's just a merchant and taught him the tools of the trade). Teensy tiny bit of Destruction, but really not much; mainly for exploiting enemy weaknesses.

Aside from that, primary weapons are two knives/daggers ideally, and since you lose the ability to block you have to get good at dodging, which can admittedly get problematic when dealing with magic users. So for them I'll switch to one dagger and a ward if I can't sneak attack them, like in the case of most Dragon Priests. Both cases can be supplemented with shouts, my favorites to use tend to be good ol' Unrelenting Force, Whirlwind Sprint (speed), and that one that's wind-based that I can't remember the name of, Dragon Aspect since it bolsters your offense and defense and Marked For Death.

I went with Imperial mainly for the flexibility in facial features, though a Breton could work. Werewolf or Vampire Lord optional, if you want to add more to his misfortunes because he is puppyING GARBAGE AND YOU SHOULD NEVER BE NICE TO HIM EVER.

I tended to favor bolstering Stamina and Magicka, and using enchanted armors/accessories to pick up slack in health and regen.

Really, the main things with Yosuke were focusing on his speed and mobility, since outside of that in P4 proper he's kind of the jack of all stats. That, and I tried to keep with the wind and healing in terms of spells and shouts, again, keeping with theme, and skills that he might logically learn in this setting. So aside from the one-handed, restoration and mobility-related skill trees, you have a lot of flexibility based on whatever backstory you come up with or how things progress. Really I just went in with the few I knew would be most in-character and then kinda let shit happen from there. There was no plan. I was just dicking around and I've had more fun in this playthrough than even my best-planned one.

Also if I'm not making sense it's because I just got home from work and am 100% DED

Edited by Treemotan (see edit history)
Knuckle likes this

Posted

Bought Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright. Still in the prologue

DONE.

Posted

I play too much TF2 as ever. Gonna replay BioShock Infinite soon.