My art of Zelda

184 posts in this topic

Posted

Save as .PNG, not .JPG.

Even though I know you used a reference for the Samus Aran drawing, it actually looks good. I can't really say it's bad.

I can't really critique this one, because all you really did is just throw together pictures of the Brawl cast together. I guess it's good?

Posted

Save as .PNG, not .JPG.

Even though I know you used a reference for the Samus Aran drawing, it actually looks good. I can't really say it's bad.

I can't really critique this one, because all you really did is just throw together pictures of the Brawl cast together. I guess it's good?

It's a JPG because my father went and got it turned into a poster for me.

Thanks! It's my best Samus drawing yet.

Just tell me if you think it looks cool. That's all I need to hear.

Posted

Well, you used a reference and while this is good for things that haven't already been drawn or modeled, like a tree outside someone's house or a person at the park, this has been done before. It's like drawing the Mona Lisa, you might be able to draw it very well and it looks amazing, but someone else already drew it. :|

It looks good, yeah. Although, knowing the features of Samus or Mario, or any other game character, you could draw them in your own unique position and you can call it your own. You could draw her fighting Ridley or Kraid. It'd be cool bros.

Posted

Well, you used a reference and while this is good for things that haven't already been drawn or modeled, like a tree outside someone's house or a person at the park, this has been done before. It's like drawing the Mona Lisa, you might be able to draw it very well and it looks amazing, but someone else already drew it. :|

It looks good, yeah. Although, knowing the features of Samus or Mario, or any other game character, you could draw them in your own unique position and you can call it your own. You could draw her fighting Ridley or Kraid. It'd be cool bros.

I'm still working on action poses. And according to everyone else on here, I really need to work on original action poses as seen by their reaction to Dark Link.

Besides, some artwork looks awesome enough to me that I'm like "I gotta draw that!"

Posted

I have to agree with Muffin on all of those things. It's pretty bad. He looks anorexic and his eyes are dull and lifeless. He and the picture have no soul whatsoever.

I'll have to agree with Bathy it's not that great, way better then I could ever do, but still bad. I know you can do better, I've seen it. So ya try again.

The eye in the backround in probally the best.

Posted

I'll have to agree with Bathy it's not that great, way better then I could ever do, but still bad. I know you can do better, I've seen it. So ya try again.

The eye in the backround in probally the best.

Here's my way of thinking: If you can't do better, then don't call someone else's work bad. And I'll ignore this post. I only care for constructive critizism. If you can't think of any, then don't call it bad.

Posted

i agree the eye in the back is very well done. the posts that were here werent very nice but also they were truthful. if were going to criticize we might aswell point out the good things so you dont totally lose confidence.

also if you like megaman youll like this ^^

i want to see more art as it shows great potential. keep it up. ^^

Posted

Here's my way of thinking: If you can't do better, then don't call someone else's work bad.

That's ridiculously stupid.

Really.

Seriously.

I shouldn't even have to explain why... You don't have to be good at ice-skating to know when someone else sucks at it. It's basically the same thing with art, except with art it's fair to criticize even if you aren't good at it. Skating is all about technique, but art is about technique and design. A crappy artist can have a fantastic idea but not have the skills to get it on paper the way they'd like. So they can critique things like color, value, etc.

Posted

if were going to criticize we might aswell point out the good things so you dont totally lose confidence.

The point of criticizing is to point out all the bad stuff. All the other stuff that the person didn't say is obviously the good stuff, so it doesn't need to be stated.

Posted

i agree the eye in the back is very well done. the posts that were here werent very nice but also they were truthful. if were going to criticize we might aswell point out the good things so you dont totally lose confidence.

also if you like megaman youll like this ^^

i want to see more art as it shows great potential. keep it up. ^^

Thanks, but I already have it on my MP3 Player.

Uh, yeah. If I get on the computer (on my Wii), then I'll post song.

Posted

You're Samus is certainly the best!! Great job Matt!! It really is great. Pratically flawless...Probablly flawless!

Posted

I'm back at the over 100 replies mark. Anyways, I would like at least one person to tell me why they voted "Yes" in my poll before I post the song. If no one explains their reason for voting, I won't post the song.

Posted

I didn't vote yet because I don't like voting in polls.

I want to hear it so I can critique it and laugh at it if it sucks or say it's good if it's good.

I've never critiqued a song before. It'll be an experience to remember.

Posted

i selected yes as i just want to see more of your work.

Posted

At last, the song! Here it is! (So nervous!)

Waffle Man - By: Basement Bros.

Lyrics: Ben (Magiciankoopa12, youtube username)

Melody: Matthew (Matthordika)

Guitar: Ben (Magiciankoopa12, youtube username)

Bass: Matthew (Matthordika)

Drums: Robert (Highvolocity, youtube username)

Vocals: Matthew (Matthordika)

So what did you guys think? Is it good, is it bad? It was only made in about four days time (I've wrote a long history about it, but I won't waste your time with it).

Me and my friends are trying to get together to work on another song (So far I've only recorded a bass demo).It was made for a school project, so we made it in like four days, three days with the drummer. Speaking of our drummer, Highvolocity, has moved away, but we have found another drummer who will be working with us from now on.