Forming a more perfect timeline theory

223 posts in this topic

Posted

When OoT!Link was sent back to his childhood, he revisited Princess Zelda and told her about what happened (so says Aonuma). However, it isn't until several years later that Ganondorf is executed by the sages. So, there is an amount of time there that Ganondorf is running around freely, doing whatever it takes to get what he wants. Of course, different events would take place as Link wouldn't be recollecting the Spiritual Stones or obtaining the Ocarina of Time. Link never opens the door to the Sacred Realm, and Ganondorf never lays his hands on the Triforce. Still, Ganondorf would undeniably wreak as much havoc as he could in those years.

It would then be a possibility that Rauru, Saria, Darunia, Ruto, Nabooru, Impa could awaken as sages... just in a different way- perhaps in the "prolonged wars" that are mentioned in TP. That would allow the towns in AoL to be named after the sages.

Posted

Your theories are jam-packed with nonsense.

Posted

AoL can easily take place in the adult timeline. WW Link sailed off to find a new land. Some of the games, like TMC, take place in that new land, and it's very probable that LoZ and AoL are at the end of that line.

Posted (edited)

OoS/A can't be before MC because Ganon does not receive the Trident until 4SA, yet has it in the Oracles (linked). While it may state that Din and Nayru are descended from a line of Oracles, that doesn't mean that the in-game Oracles are the specific ones referenced. It is, after all, a line, and it's not too much of a stretch to say that multiple oracles could be named after the Goddesses.

Also, MC can't be post-flood because in Old Hyrule Castle under the sea, the statue of Link has the spiral belt buckle which only appears in MC-4SA and WW/PH, the latter 2 of which obviously occur afterward.

Edited by Slagr (see edit history)

Posted

With regard to the first point, I think you mean to say that OoX can't be before MC.

As for the second: Link isn't limited to any specific belt buckle. He can change buckles, much as we can, and could've been wearing a different belt buckle when the statue-making occured. In fact, Link didn't have to be there when the statue itself was made - the sculptor may have made the statue from a description Zelda made, rather than by viewing Link directly. Since there are many more such simple and irrefutably possible scenarios, it's a moot point.

Posted

With regard to the first point, I think you mean to say that OoX can't be before MC.

As for the second: Link isn't limited to any specific belt buckle. He can change buckles, much as we can, and could've been wearing a different belt buckle when the statue-making occured. In fact, Link didn't have to be there when the statue itself was made - the sculptor may have made the statue from a description Zelda made, rather than by viewing Link directly. Since there are many more such simple and irrefutably possible scenarios, it's a moot point.

yes, before. thank you :embarrassed:

It's my personal take that they recognized OoT's Link's similarities to MC Link and modeled the statue after the ancient hero rather than the specific kid no one heard of. I also highly doubt Zelda is scatter-brained enough to tell the sculptor he had a swirly belt buckle. The only explanation that makes much sense is that he sculpted based on descriptions of the legendary hero.

Posted (edited)

Also, making timeline theories is more annoying that conspiracy theorists.

This is how a forumer at a place I frequent put it:

What Zelda is is a creation of an aesthetic system called "Hyrule" which sometimes takes itself too seriously. In games where it doesn't take itself so seriously, like Wind Waker and Majora's Mask, it is a beautiful, fun creation.

What Hyrule isn't, is a country with people in it. It has no timeline. People write timelines for it because they treat it like its real. It. Is. Not Real.

Edit: shortened quote

Edited by Sheogorath (see edit history)

Posted

I kind of agree with you. I'm sure Nintendo doesn't have the whole storyline in their heads, and there probably never will be too many games that for sure connect, otherwise there wouldn't be enough room for imagination. Nonetheless, it's interesting and rather entertaining to theorize about it. Who cares if it's futile? :)

Posted

It's my personal take that they recognized OoT's Link's similarities to MC Link and modeled the statue after the ancient hero rather than the specific kid no one heard of. I also highly doubt Zelda is scatter-brained enough to tell the sculptor he had a swirly belt buckle. The only explanation that makes much sense is that he sculpted based on descriptions of the legendary hero.

How would anyone know that MC Link had a swirly belt buckle? Furthermore, why would Zelda even care about Link's belt? She probably would've said "green hat, green tunic, sword, shield" because without a picture, the sculptor has no reference.

However,

Since there are many more such simple and irrefutably possible scenarios, it's a moot point.

Posted

since there hasn't been a post here in a long time, I'll introduce some stuff I was debating elsewhere concerning the placement of tMC.

tMC is definitely before OoX because:

-the FS series leads into LttP, which features the complete Triforce that teleports Link to Holo/Lab. AoL is the only other game with the complete TF, but I personally doubt that line.

-Ganon has the Trident in OoX which he acquired in FSA.

-Basically, any reference to the FSS or LttP that appears in OoX.

reasons why tMC could be first in the time line:

-The Minish people could not have survived a worldwide flood nor evolved afterward.

-Gorons appear in Hyrule only before the flood. They are in OoX because Holo/Lab are not in Hyrule.

-background images seen by climbing a beanstalk show a line of mountains and a river nearly identical to those underwater in WW.

-various easter eggs, including a poster of (supposedly) Vaati in the shooting gallery of OoT.

reasons why tMC could be post-flood (but pre-OoX):

-Octoroks are aquatic in OoT and WW, but evolve and become land based in games later on the AT. tMC features land-based octoroks.

-The view from Cloud Tops shows two islands in a large ocean, presumably flood water.

-some geographic similarities with LttP Hyrule.

-various easter eggs, including WW Hylian language.

not valid:

-cameos (Beedle, Tingle, Oracles, Biggoron, Malon, etc)

-Triumph Forks. The archways in tMC feature (quite prominently) the Triforce. They know what it is.

Posted (edited)

Ok I'm prolly going to get alot of trouble for this but i never really beleaved there was a Timeline linking the games that each game has its own story line like Mario Brothers but who know i could be wrong i just cant see how they fit togeather

Edited by Wally (see edit history)

Posted

There's one thing that I just thought of that doesn't make much sense in the timeline: The Flipped Wii and GameCube versions of Twilight Princess how is that explained?

Posted (edited)

There's one thing that I just thought of that doesn't make much sense in the timeline: The Flipped Wii and GameCube versions of Twilight Princess how is that explained?

really? there's no way to possibly account for remakes and ports in timelines; as if they made any difference anyway. Take, for example, LA and LADX, the interchangeable OoS and OoA, LttP and LttP/FS for GBA, OoT Master Quest, LoZ second quest, WW second quest, and the 243 different possible ways to complete FS*.

The reversed Wii controls were to facilitate play for the majority of casual players who are right handed. The GC verson is considered more canon.

(3 possible stages for 4 levels, and 3 different keys: 3^5=243)

Edited by Slagr (see edit history)

Posted

tMC is definitely before OoX because:

-the FS series leads into LttP, which features the complete Triforce that teleports Link to Holo/Lab. Assumption. AoL is the only other game with the complete TF, but I personally doubt that line. Assumption.

-Ganon has the Trident in OoX which he acquired in FSA. Assumption.

-Basically, any reference to the FSS or LttP that appears in OoX. Not even a point.

reasons why tMC could be first in the time line:

-The Minish people could not have survived a worldwide flood nor evolved afterward. Assumption.

-Gorons appear in Hyrule only before the flood. There are Gorons in WW.

-background images seen by climbing a beanstalk show a line of mountains and a river nearly identical to those underwater in WW. Most Zeldas have mountains and a river.

-various easter eggs, including a poster of (supposedly) Vaati in the shooting gallery of OoT. There are no retroactive easter eggs.

Posted

There are Gorons in WW

And PH.