You know what I hate the most?

1667 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, you are good at what you do. And you are better at what you do than the Army and the Navy. But that doesn't make you superior to the Army and Navy. Because while the other services like to have aircraft that isn't what makes them good. The Navy will say, "you aren't better than us, because we have submarines"

And rightly so, submarines kick ass. The safest place to hold a nuclear weapon, better than on a plane or on the ground.

I'm a bit confused,

"everyone thinks they are the best, and it's true, they are te best at what they do."

what are you saying, do you actually think the airforce is better than the other services or just better with the aviation stuff?

Also, Navy ftw!

Not quite either, The Air Force is what I think of as kind of the more "Smart" branch, they are less combat priented than any other branch, and are really a bunch of techno geeks, and that's what they are best at. I want an F-18 or F-22 to come kick some ass, I call the Navy. I want a bunch of guys with rifles, I call the marines. I want guys to parachute into an LZ and kill whatever is there, I call the army, or the marines. I want someone to gather Intel or kill some terrorists from an air conditioned bunker in Arizona, I call the Air Force, they barely fly combat aircraft anymore. They ship stuff, and have remote planes, and that's pretty cool. Each branch is their own deal, and everyone is best at something.

Posted

Indeed, that would be my way of thinking as well.

So, how does the ranking system in your Airforce work?

E7?

Posted

Indeed, that would be my way of thinking as well.

So, how does the ranking system in your Airforce work?

E7?

The E in it means enlisted, as opposed to an officer. Using E-# is the only way to compare ranks between all services, as there are always 9 levels of enlisted rank, E-1 being the lowest, E-9 being the highest. In the Air Force, E-6 Is Seargeant, E-7 Is Master Sergeant, in the Navy, and E-9 would be a Master Chief

See ranks for all services here: http://www.militaryfactory.com/ranks/index.asp

Posted

Cool, you wanna take a look at our ranks here in Australia?

ADF military ranks

Posted

Cool, you wanna take a look at our ranks here in Australia?

ADF military ranks

Interesting, now that I know you're from Australia, I see where you are coming from, npot so familiar with your Air Force, but the frickin RAF guys are a bunch of pricks, at least the ones I've met

Posted

Yeah.

Still, the Air Chief Marshall was pretty nice. He is also chief of the defence force. They take turns every 4 years I think.

Posted

Yeah.

Still, the Air Chief Marshall was pretty nice. He is also chief of the defence force. They take turns every 4 years I think.

Generally Command Officers are pretty nice, PR and civilian relations is a huge part of their jobs.

Posted

Yeah, I was thinking he'd have to be.

Technically we have three ranks above ACM, GEN and ADML but they are largely ceremonial and the British seem to be the only people who are holders.

Prince Charles is our Admiral of the fleet.

Posted

I just watched the VMA's for an hour and a half hoping to see what was called a preview of "new moon" thinking it was a new wolfmother video. turns out it was another twilight vampire thing. FUK.

I even suffered through miranda cosgrove for that, man!

Posted

I hate the technologically inept College Board that thinks Java is a good language to force people to learn for Computer Science. And then encourages poor programming practices in the freaking class.

Posted

I hate getting sick.

I hate it because I just feel horrible most of the day(s) and it could cost me my exam exemptions.

It also is bad to be sick when the next morning you have super early band practice and it is raining here. :/

Posted

I hate the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs.

They are puppyed up.

Posted

Mondays.

That is all. xD

Posted

TELL ME WHY. I don't like mondays, I wanna shoo-ooo-ooooot, the whole day down.

Love that song.

Posted

I hate the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs.

They are puppyed up.

Wots all this, then? what are the sdlkfjn maniacs?

wiki'd it. wow. that sucks.

I have a friend in the ukraine. shes cool. she's got a great singing voice.