Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Announced

96 posts in this topic

Posted

Cool! The only thing I don't like is the whole idea of trains. Trains came around in the 1800's. I like Zelda games that take place in ancient times. Zelda is getting very modern. That's not necessarily a good thing.

Posted

awesome another Zelda game i wish they would make a nother MM :mask: :mask: :mask: :mask:

Posted

Well its about god dam time Nintendo made a new Zelda. Its been what, 2 or 3 years? I want more Zelda Now!

Only problem I see from the trailer is that is looks like the story came from FanFiction.net...

O well, beggars can't be choosers.

Posted

I'm still going to pick this up when it comes out, no matter how silly it may look. I'm sure that the train thing will probably be done very well in the game (I mean, in Phantom Hourglass they fixed it so that riding on a ship wasn't so boring.). Even so, I want another Hyrule Field or just the ability to WALK from one destination to another.

Oh and to go on with the whole''Since-it-looks-like-Wind-Waker-it-has-to-do-with-the-same-storyline'' thing...

...Ever play Minish Cap? Same type of style, and NOT related to Wind Waker at all...

It is very possible that, once again, Nintendo is starting with a new Link and a new Zelda story again. I for one can't wait for it to come out.

Posted

I swear, this better not be an april fools joke. This looks to awesome to be just a joke. (Yes I think that this looks awesome)

Posted

ha, i don't think it's an april fools joke since it was announced by the man himself but the announcement does seem to be the usual "lets fool all the zelda fans into thinking something big is gonna happen" time of the year. I have been on the edge of my seat because i knew something had to be announced sometime soon... i am quite surprised, especially since im not a total fan of the cell-shaded LoZ games. I've played WW, but have yet to play PH.

This does seem to be getting away from what i grew up thinking of Zelda, not that a steam engine is all THAT modern, but.. there's just something about it. Not time to panic yet since all of this stuff is tentitive, of course, i have faith.

Posted

I am officially EXCITED!!!! :D

Posted

[quote name='=Zoe=' post='212119' date='Mar 25 2009, 10:26 PM']I want to answer to this...
1. Yeah! And I have no idea what I think of this... hopefulyl you'll be able to set the tracks as you wish, but I tihnk the story will explain why Link is on a Train...
2. Why does it look liek Hyrule? I don't think it's Hyrule at all... Well, if this is a sequel of the sequel, then we can remember that Tetra and Link set sail to find a new land to "rebuilt" Hyrule or something like that, maybe that explains this?
3. I wanted a game for Wii... I finally got a Wii and a new Zelda game on it would be awesome...
4. Is it a sailing game? I don't think it is...
5. After... how many where there? 20 floors? I wouldn't be surprised to find new things... I still hate that place :unsure:[/quote]
WW was more of a sailing game, and PH was a motor boat game.
Meh. I don't want to have it back though.

[quote name='Luneth Uchiha' post='212161' date='Mar 26 2009, 12:08 AM']I swear, this better not be an april fools joke. This looks to awesome to be just a joke. (Yes I think that this looks awesome)[/quote]
I hope it is. This is a terrible idea.

Posted

I stayed up until 4 am to hear about this live from the GDC.
Ugh. I should have just gone to bed.

It looks absolutely [i]horrid[/i].

Posted

Not really. It's just Phantom Hourglass with a new method of transport really. You'll just see this as Phantom Hourglass II soon enough, like me. But I don't want another Phantom Hourglass, one is enough, unless, of course, they take the good points, expand on them, and then add new, innovative ideas.

This'll fit in fine. Get over it. >:(

Posted

I was never a big fan of PH, so I guess I'll skip this one. It just doesn't appeal to me.

Posted

EPIC FAIL!

Stupid toon link crap. I want a realistic console one, like TP was.

Posted

I showed my friend and he was pissed. He was also very discussed. He only played WW once, and he was sick of it. He claims he hates WW, but he like Okami. I mean he always says he hates WW, and cel-shading, but he likes Okami. I don't get that kid.

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='212034' date='Mar 25 2009, 07:15 PM']4. Why is there no ocean? If it's a sailing game then why is no ocean?[/quote]

It's not a sailing game, you ride a train on land.

Also, ololol "Trirdquil". You mean threquel, even though that's not a word. Just say a sequel to a sequel.

Posted

You see, many people would look at this and simply answer your question of "why there is so much land" with a simple solution.

Old Hyrule Sank. Kingy back in WW told you to [u]find a new land[/u]. ("Their land") This is the land they found. It's New Hyrule. Hurrah, that's why there's so much land. It makes sense since they were you know, sailing endlessly out of range of Old Hyrule and the islands that now mark its place. Old Hyrule definitely wasn't the only landmass in the history of Zelda seeing as we have Labrynna, Holodrum, possibly the Ocean King's Seas, several unidentified landmasses in Minish Cap, etc.

Of course, this is just speculative theory.
Sahaqiel