Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Announced

96 posts in this topic

Posted

Interesting.
Can't Iwata have just kept his mouth shut about this?
Now who knows what pandemonium will occur just because of this!
(I sense a casual game in our presence)

Posted

Hm... new Zelda game looks awesome. You may question it now, but Nintendo will pull through with a game worthy of Zeldaish proportions. Can't wait.

As for the land... We'll just have to wait and see. It is only a teaser.

Posted

Looks exactly like PH, which isn't a bad thing at all. Phantom Hourglass was an amazing game, and I'll certainly be picking this one up.

I don't think this could be a sequel though. Like what has been said, there's too much land for it to be a sequel...

I'll have to admit though, seeing ''New Zelda Announced was getting me excited for a Wii release. Don't get me wrong or anything, but I was expecting it...

Posted

A sequel to a sequel?

Same exact sounds and visuals?

Phantoms?

A boat with less freedom?

A mediocre subtitle?

What is Nintendo doing? :(

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' post='212000' date='Mar 25 2009, 10:15 PM']A boat with less freedom?[/quote]
What do you mean by that? It's not like you're set to the tracks. They're Spirit Tracks. Obviously your course can be altered, I presume?

Posted

Three things:

1) DS???!!???!?! I though the next game was anounced to be for Wii!! Gwynsjsjjsksfjidjdhdijdbshkwi.... I'm still happy, but I was really hoping for a hardcore Wii game next. v_______v

2) I didn't watch the videos yet, but train stuff?? Sounds lame.... :cries:

3) Spirit Tracks? That title sounds kind of cheesy....

Posted

[quote name='Arcanelord' post='212007' date='Mar 25 2009, 10:23 PM']1) DS???!!???!?! I though the next game was anounced to be for Wii!! Gwynsjsjjsksfjidjdhdijdbshkwi.... I'm still happy, but I was really hoping for a hardcore Wii game next. v_______v[/quote]
Who knows? Maybe it's, like, a Wii connectivity type game?

Here's hoping.

Posted

Teto, you really don't need to post a new message everytime someone replies saying basically the same thing...

Posted

That wasn't the same thing that I've been saying every time. Only before. That last one had something to add, I believe. I wonder if this one will have any online elements though... Anyway, yeah. I'm merely voicing my opinion. Warn me if that's against the rules.

Posted

[quote name='Teto' post='212008' date='Mar 25 2009, 04:27 PM']Who knows? Maybe it's, like, a Wii connectivity type game?

Here's hoping.[/quote]
What would it connect to? It's too late to update TP or something, and I think they'd announce a Wii realease. Unless it's a surprise WiiWare thing, but I can't imagine it would be that cool. I think it will just stick to DS

Posted

Ok this game is wrong on so many different levels, AND NOT BECAUSE IT'S A TRIRDQUIL TO WIND WAKER!

1. LINK IS ON A TRAIN!
2. WHY DOES IT LOOK LIKE HYRULE! I mean come on it sank.
3. DS? Really? I said I wanted a game for the DSi, but I was being sarcastic. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but still.
4. Why is there no ocean? If it's a sailing game then why is no ocean?
5. Back to the Temple of the Ocean King? What more could possibly be in there.

This has way more flaws than the cel-shading.

I'm going to get this, but I'm going to need a lot more than Advil. Yes this I see many many faults in.

Posted

In the trailer, the only Phantoms I saw were being controlled by Link. I sincerely doubt it will be DSi specific, unless it needs the extra RAM or processing power. It was being shown on the DSi simply because it is the most recent version of the DS. I haven't seen many trailers lately that use the Phat.

I don't think it's a continuation of any of the current games. Link looks way too formal around Zelda, so they can't know each other very well. This looks like it could be interesting.

Posted

I just checked the page and couldn't believe my eyes, i'm always curious to see what they come up with next. I was so surprised by the title and the train thing i swear my face looked like this: :o
But I know that there is going to be quite a plot to this game and im sure it will end up being great, this is just the last thing i expected!

Posted

If it's not explain why it looks like Wind Waker Link and Wind Waker Zelda? Then again Tetra was only Zelda during that one time... But still how do you know she didn't get changed back into Zelda at the beging... Never mind.

Also I think Link got a job as a mail carrier. I'm not sure but it's just the way he's dressed.

Posted

Im sorry to say but it seems to be a dissapointed. though it is a little quick to judge. But from the looks it DOES look like they are trying to modernize it, link's train conductor stuff lookd kind of dumb, and I dont like how it still looks like Phantom hourglass. If they seriously do make a game like this for the wii, and DO NOT continue the TP look I will have lost faith in nintendo fully.