Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Announced

96 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, I've officially watched the trailer 50 billion times and I think I have an idea to the story...or at least what I hope the story is.

Be warned though I think it might be a bit far fetched

It's the VERY beginning of hyrule and all that exists is Hyrule castle and a bunch of random enemies. Zelda has given Link the task of going across this open land to do something. He must claim each area of land by going through the dungeon and defeating the boss. However Hyrule is very big so Link gets a magical train :wacko: Phantoms I think are created as some sort of thing that were meant to help Link but end up turning against him and Hyrule either sometime during this game (possibly at the end) or in the sequel we know is coming and at that point they are locked away until Phantom Hourglass.

THAT is my far fetched, ridiculous explanation for this trailer. Feel free to look at this again once we know more about this game and tell me how wrong I was.

[quote]Also I think Link got a job as a mail carrier. I'm not sure but it's just the way he's dressed.[/quote]

I don't think that he actually wears that costume in the game. If you look at all the actual gameplay footage he is wearing the green tunic. I don't know why Nintendo would put him in a random conductors outfit but they did.

Posted

[quote name='Jared!' post='212065' date='Mar 25 2009, 11:56 PM']Okay, I've officially watched the trailer 50 billion times and I think I have an idea to the story...or at least what I hope the story is.

Be warned though I think it might be a bit far fetched

It's the VERY beginning of hyrule and all that exists is Hyrule castle and a bunch of random enemies. Zelda has given Link the task of going across this open land to do something. He must claim each area of land by going through the dungeon and defeating the boss. However Hyrule is very big so Link gets a magical train :wacko: Phantoms I think are created as some sort of thing that were meant to help Link but end up turning against him and Hyrule either sometime during this game (possibly at the end) or in the sequel we know is coming and at that point they are locked away until Phantom Hourglass.

THAT is my far fetched, ridiculous explanation for this trailer. Feel free to look at this again once we know more about this game and tell me how wrong I was.[/quote]
:o Genius! So, from the magic technology, they work backwards towards a horse again!

Timeline, move over. It's time for some much needed artistic license!

Posted

What the? I though I just posted here. Oh well.

If they were trying to modernize it they would have planes, or cars. Face it trains are old ways of travel.

Also, Jared, that is kinda of far fetched. What I see is Link is on a quest by Zelda to go around where ever they are because it's not Hyrule because it sank. Anyway Link has to go around on a train to deliver mail to everywhere around where ever, but the people who get the letters are important and they get kidnapped by villain and Link has to save them.

I'll admit, that was just as bad as your though.

Posted

[quote name='Teto' post='212068' date='Mar 25 2009, 06:01 PM']:o Genius! So, from the magic technology, they work backwards towards a horse again!

Timeline, move over. It's time for some much needed artistic license![/quote]

My far fetched explanation for that is that at some point at the end of the game the spirit tracks are destroyed leaving Hyrule as Link expanded it but without the modernish technology.

Posted

@Teto

good thinking. I bet you can lay the tracks where you want... at least I hope.

Posted

Awesome news! Can't wait.

Hyrule.net Network sent out emails and spelled the name wrong. Its "Spirit Track" not "Spirit Train" ^_^

I hope that Nintendo will announce a Zelda game for the Wii at E3. :D

Posted

Finally, another game!! I'm slightly apprehensive about it being for DS (or possibly DSi), I was expecting a Wii game. Fortunately it looks like a prequel to Phantom Hourglass, what with the conductor's outfit and all (which is slightly weird, but he [i]is[/i] driving a train). Speaking of which, what's with the train? Zelda seems to have become more modernized lately: the train, the steamboat in Phantom Hourglass, and the giant cannons in Twilight Princes. It's slightly unsettling. It doesn't appear like the game right before the Great Flood, though it does seem to be getting close.

Posted

-spitake- i do believe that i will buy this

Posted

Well, there is no way to know when the game takes place. Still, they ought to either make the villain either Ganondorf or Vaati. Bellum was kind of random.

Also, I heard that Spirit Tracks is only a tentative title and may be changed. I also heard it was scheduled to be released toward the end of the year. Yeeaahh, rriigghht.

Posted

I am deeply saddened by this news. :cry: I hope it turns out okay but my first thoughts aren't so good...

Posted

Well, I'm REALLY skeptical about this. I mean, [i]Link is driving a train[/i]? Before you know it, it's going to be all of our worst fears coming true - Link in the future. This is like... the industrial age for the Zelda series. WTF, what's next, COMPUTERS?!

I'm excited, don't get me wrong, but I'm really taken a back at where Nintendo decided to take this to.

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='212034' date='Mar 25 2009, 05:15 PM']Ok this game is wrong on so many different levels, AND NOT BECAUSE IT'S A TRIRDQUIL TO WIND WAKER!

1. LINK IS ON A TRAIN!
2. WHY DOES IT LOOK LIKE HYRULE! I mean come on it sank.
3. DS? Really? I said I wanted a game for the DSi, but I was being sarcastic. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but still.
4. Why is there no ocean? If it's a sailing game then why is no ocean?
5. Back to the Temple of the Ocean King? What more could possibly be in there.[/quote]

I want to answer to this...
1. Yeah! And I have no idea what I think of this... hopefulyl you'll be able to set the tracks as you wish, but I tihnk the story will explain why Link is on a Train...
2. Why does it look liek Hyrule? I don't think it's Hyrule at all... Well, if this is a sequel of the sequel, then we can remember that Tetra and Link set sail to find a new land to "rebuilt" Hyrule or something like that, maybe that explains this?
3. I wanted a game for Wii... I finally got a Wii and a new Zelda game on it would be awesome...
4. Is it a sailing game? I don't think it is...
5. After... how many where there? 20 floors? I wouldn't be surprised to find new things... I still hate that place :unsure:

Posted

I know it will be cool being a Zelda Game but i never been fond of the toon Graphics but never the less i'l play it when i Can

Posted

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :squint:
I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK WHEN I SAW THIS.
Yeah! W00t!
Can't wait! :squint:
Oh my gosh!!! Link looks like a dork in his costume! XD
YEEEEEY!!! B)

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' post='212090' date='Mar 25 2009, 08:34 PM']Well, there is no way to know when the game takes place. Still, they ought to either make the villain either Ganondorf or Vaati. Bellum was kind of random.

Also, I heard that Spirit Tracks is only a tentative title and may be changed. I also heard it was scheduled to be released toward the end of the year. Yeeaahh, rriigghht.[/quote]
Yes. It is just a tentative title. It says it on the trailer on the Nintendo Channel.

I feel as if this is just some sort of slightly earlier April fools day plot. Or just a joke in general.
This game seems too stupidly ridiculous to even be called Zelda.
I am betting that this probably will sell badly and Nintendo will feel a backlash. (Hopefully so that they can FINALLY realize the error of their ways)
Or this is a cover for a different game.(maybe)