Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Announced

96 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't care if it's Wii or DS, as long as it's for a system I have XD
Any Zelda game rocks, Cel-shaded or not, for DS or Wii, Realistic or not, hard or not, as long as it's title is Zelda, and it's fun, Im in love. B)

Posted

[quote name='L' post='212327' date='Mar 26 2009, 11:58 PM']I don't care if it's Wii or DS, as long as it's for a system I have XD
Any Zelda game rocks, Cel-shaded or not, for DS or Wii, Realistic or not, hard or not, as long as it's title is Zelda, and it's fun, Im in love. B)[/quote]

exactly, thank you. who cares about graphics when it is a Legend Of Zelda game ALL Zelda games are fun no matter what the graphics look like.
im not saying im to happy with the modernization, but it might only br for this game and this game only we don't know if they are going to branch off with it to other Zelda games, and remember there are still blank spots in the timeline that they need to fill in.

P.S. i think that at the begining of Wind Waker when they are saying the evil came but with no hero to protect it, that mgiht have been between Majora's Mask and whatever game was after that

P.S.S. he never found who he was looking for in Majora's Mask, they still need to continue that

P.S.S.S. i like cake :joy:

Posted

I don't think this game will be too great. It's just too much like PH. I hope this is just a April Fool's joke and that they have some kickass Wii game planned instead.

Posted

I don't think they'd go to all this trouble, risking the trust of loyal Phantom Hourglass fans, just for a joke.

Posted

[quote name='L' post='212263' date='Mar 26 2009, 08:14 PM']Saha, why don't you go all Saha on the cel-haters D:[/quote]
Because he doesn't want to waste his time. He knows I would never give up.

Posted

Ok, I watched the trailer finally, and I have to say, this game looks waaay fun. :joy:

Yeah, the train thing is cheesy, but that looks alright, and so far the items, enemies, and gameplay looks ace. :)

Posted

Dude, it's just like the Wind Waker, but on land! I [i][/i]loved[i][/i] that game, I have it and I play it on a regular basis.

It seems like a [i][/i]pretty[i][/i] cool idea, it's Zelda, and it's someting new. But it doesn't look all that great to be honest. One of the things I admire about Zelda is that it has that kind of feel that makes it seem like you've traveled into the past. Regular life is a lot more simple, plus it has that nice Mideval touch to it that people love. To me, Spirit Tracks has kinda ruined that, as trains were invented around the late 1700s. Train tracks don't have a lot of freedom either, you can go forward on them, or you can go back. Not too many options. I think a lot of people like the freedom of Zelda games, and having tracks leading you where you're supposed to go takes that freedom and the fun of figuring out something away. One last thing, "[i][/i]Spirit Tracks[i][/i]??"
....The name's not convincing me. I think the same thing happened on The Phantom Hourglass, but that name actually sounds pretty cool. I wasn't too impressed with the Zelda games on the DS, and I'm not really referring to gameplay. The "story," I guess you coulc call it, just didn't fit my taste.

But I could be totally wrong. I love Zelda and I have played it for years, and I own all of the original games. Zelda has come a long way and has changed a lot. With Twilight Princess I was a little skeptical, but I gave it a chance and I fell in love with it. I could be mistaking the potential this game has, like many people have done with the Minish Cap. It was the easiest Zelda game I've ever played, but I really like the Kinstone thing. It made it so you could keep playing and discovering new things even after you've beat it. Same thing with the Wind Waker. Allllll that treasure! And a whole bunch of islands that nobody cares about in regards to progress, but they're cool anyway! A lot of people said that the Wind Waker was a childish game, and it makes sense when you compare it to the previous versions like Ocarina of Time or even Oracle of Seasons/Time. But I like the story line, even though Link doesn't look as appealing as Twilight Princess or even Ocarina of Time. :embarrassed:

Just thought I'd put my thoughts out there, I was actually kinda shocked that they'd come out with something so quickly. Well actually it's been 3 years, but it just feels quick. Feel free to comment!!! :n_n:

Posted

Okay, if nobody's going to embed that for me, here it is.

It pointed out some things I never noticed from the trailer.

Posted

I agree w/ you therush... Being a little more "futureistic" even 1700s-ish takes away the feeling of original LoZ games, but I'm willing to give this a chance. Afterall we know nothing about this new game other than what we see... no plot, no characters (really).. we will have to wait to really judge

Posted

Um, [i]bombs[/i] have never exactly screamed Medieval.

Posted

[quote name='Arctic Fire' post='212346' date='Mar 27 2009, 06:37 AM']I don't think this game will be too great. It's just too much like PH. I hope this is just a April Fool's joke and that they have some kickass Wii game planned instead.[/quote]
Thank You! Finally someone that thinks the same way I do.

I know we shouldn't judge so quickly, but I thought when Aonuma said he wanted to make a game better than Ocarina of Time, I thought he was being serious. (Irrelevant? In a way, yes. But I digress...)

Posted

I think this is really bad cause some people dont want to get the new DSI when it comes out so hopefully they release it on the DS lite as well other wise.....

Posted

It's a DS game. It will play on DS, DS lite, or DSi. They're all DS's. Just upgrades of the previous one. There will be some stuff that's only for DSi, but most of it is software and apps.

Posted

[quote name='Curt' post='212462' date='Mar 27 2009, 05:44 PM']I think this is really bad cause some people dont want to get the new DSI when it comes out so hopefully they release it on the DS lite as well other wise.....[/quote]

I totally agree with this. I don't really lke the new DSL anyway, the buttons aren't "clicky" like the GBA SP. I doubt they will make it only for the new DS, Zelda tends to stick to "old" consoles and handhelds. I was stoked when I found out I didn't have to buy a Wii to enjoy Twilight Princess. The GC has kinda died off, but they still sold it for that console.

Posted

So, I'm guessing this is what Aunuma meant when he said the TP was the last of it's kind?

I'm a bit skeptical about this, but only time will tell. Also, seeing as this is the teaser, things are BOUND to change from this to the final product.

Finally, if you recall several previous posts on Zelda news sites, the Zelda Team said that were working on BOTH a Wii and DS title, so you never know....