A TRAIN? REALLY!?!?

51 posts in this topic

Posted

Spirit Tracks....

....right.

DISCUSS.

Posted

Do you know what's troubling me the most? The fact that Dustin actually made a topic of this in Rant & Raves...

I had never seen Dustin post in Rant & Raves before :unsure:

Now... I'm not sure if the train bothers me or not, maybe after a good night sleep I'll be able to tell, but I'm not sure.

It doesn't make a lot of sense, and a black Link isn't nice, but the train seemed fun when I saw the gameplay... thought sailing was fun at fisrt in bot WW and PH until it became repetitive and boring.

I'm sure the story will have a great explanation in the game

Posted (edited)

I for one just think this game will be a bust.

If not a bust then it will be irrelevant to the plotline in some shape or form.

I really think this is a joke from Nintendo to give us a scare; then when the release date for this comes out, an awesome game will be released that many might consider very close to an Ocarina of Time level.

That is my view on this situation.

Edited by Chef Nonsense (see edit history)

Posted

The train is a lie. Like the spider in TP hopefully. I'm just hoping that Nintendo will cut out this major plot element.

Posted

Looks like Link's headin' out to the West.

Gonna grab him some land. All them people are gonna call complain about Link, 'cause he's gonna be a sooner. He's gonna sneak out there, grab him that land befoe everyone else has a snowball's chance in a hot plate and have him a little party all night.

God bless you, Link. God bless you.

Posted

It's better than sailing around on the mind numbing ocean.

Posted

Well, I was initially skeptical of/furious with the WW graphics, but I liked them as soon as I actually started playing. I've learned that with Zelda, it's best not to judge too quickly

Posted

Maybe it's just because I think trains are kinda cool, but I like the whole travel by train idea. After all, it could give us a huge overworld without it being all ocean, something I've wanted for a while.

Posted

I watched a trailer and, I think, they're set tracks. But you can walk if you like. The train isn't mandatory. Maybe it's about cultivating this new Hyrule and setting traintracks all over the place and you can use them after you've gotten to a place and drawn a line on the map as to where the tracks are to be set?

Posted

I think that Nintendo will make the train work. It will end up being there for a good reason that compliments the plot. The game was only announced yesterday and we have no information to go on about the quality of this game other than a two minute teaser. I think that for now we should be confident that Nintendo will pull through and deliver an amazing game that we will be able to enjoy and be proud of as Zelda fans. We have no way of knowing what the final product of this game will be like and we should not judge this game by our first impressions. The only thing that I am skeptical about and can be skeptical about at this point is why they would use the exact same models and graphical style as Phantom Hourglass. After two years I would think they would be able to produce something better than that.

Posted (edited)

They made the boat. The friggin' boat. Horse, awesome best ever. Boat, ok, kinda creepy. Train? I'll have to try it.

Edited by Link Player (see edit history)

Posted

Nintendo does however know what they're doing, so I'm pretty sure that this game isn't going to get bad.

Posted

I personally think that this will be a good game. Nintendo themselves said that this will be the game that hard core fans have been waiting for. They know what they are doing, and it will probably be well done. Did you see the boss in that trailer? That looked epic.

Posted

The train is a lie. Like the spider in TP hopefully. I'm just hoping that Nintendo will cut out this major plot element.

Spider thing? I never heard about that one. I know the boss Armaghoma but...

Wanna explain what you had heard about it?

Posted

A giant Rhino Beetle. Gametrailers made a video pointing out several things in the trailer.