Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*Drumroll* Official Zelda Wii Artwork in high quality!

155 posts in this topic

Posted

^Link was certainly not trapped in Termina. I'll prove it.

In [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1_B9P2b2jg"]this video[/url] watch from :43 to when ever you want really. Just look at the forest he's in.

Then in [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4pfqg8n6IQ"]this one[/url], 3:40 to the end, you can see he's in the exact same forest. Thus he made it out of Termina. What he did when he returned to the forest is a mystery.

Posted

thats true but i read something on how he could have posibly been stuck in a time loop. But maybe he never made it back to hyrule. It may not be his fault that hyrule is flooded, maybe the goddesses were mad. Beside we established this already lets move on. How about this being conneted to the fact that she could posibly turn into his sword wouldn't that be cool. :D

Posted

Okay, there are two different timelines coming from Ocarina of Time. When Zelda sent Link back in time at the end of OoT, she split the world into two parallel universes, which have been called the Adult Timeline and the Child Timeline. Because Link was stuck in the child timeline, and Ganondorf was in the Adult Timeline, Link was not there to fight Ganondorf. Aonuma has personally confirmed this.

Posted

^Yeah. Honestly no matter how many times I get told how Ganondorf was defeated in OoT, I still don't get it.

Anyway we have to play this first to see where it goes in the timeline.

Posted

This almost completely supports the theory that I posted when this was announced in low quality.

And I really like the idea of Link's companion being the spirit of the Master Sword that is just ingenious.

This game is going to be AMAZING!

EDIT: And yes, I have changed my avatar to this concept art because I'm just that excited

Posted

I agree that would be kick-butt. By the way Jared if you go to the topic on Zelda Wii artwork leaked I agree with you something isn't right.

Posted

Wow! This is so amazing! I've been searching all over the web for this image, and here it is... right after I gave up. The resemblance to the master sword is kinda creepy, and it'll be mega awkward for Link when he finds he's been accidentally man handling some chick for the past few years.

Posted

[quote name='Cowgurt' post='225083' date='Jun 5 2009, 06:27 PM']Wow! This is so amazing! I've been searching all over the web for this image, and here it is... right after I gave up. The resemblance to the master sword is kinda creepy, and it'll be mega awkward for Link when he finds he's been accidentally man handling some chick for the past few years.[/quote]

...Somehow I doubt that's exactly what it will turn out to be...

Hm. I doubt that she's the spirit of the Master Sword. Something else...

I find it annoying that he's right-handed again. Now, I am right-handed, but there at least should be an option in the beginning asking if you're a left-handed or right-handed. It's not very fair to force left-handed people to now play right handed only. Although they probably do anyway...

Posted

[quote name='Vadarth X' post='225086' date='Jun 5 2009, 02:48 PM']...Somehow I doubt that's exactly what it will turn out to be...

Hm. I doubt that she's the spirit of the Master Sword. Something else...

I find it annoying that he's right-handed again. Now, I am right-handed, but there at least should be an option in the beginning asking if you're a left-handed or right-handed. It's not very fair to force left-handed people to now play right handed only. Although they probably do anyway...[/quote]

Plus, Link has always been the left-handed hero. Maybe since he doesn't have a sword he switched his shield to his good hand. . .?

. . .I doubt it.

Posted

Oh, I'm sure he'll have a sword. In fact, I'm not entirely sure that he doesn't get the master sword either. This poster/picture just tells us that somewhere in the game (for now), Link goes around without a sword. We shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Posted

I think the fact that Link isn't holding a sword is meant to imply that she's the Master Sword. That doesn't necessarilly mean Link won't be using a sword at that point in the game. This is just concept art, after all.

Posted

I agree.

Posted

What if, instead of being right-handed and him using the "Spirit of the Master Sword", he now just bashes people with his shield? As a finishing move, he smashes the side of the shield on their neck making this the bloodiest Zelda to date. Plus, it'd be so God of War-like, it'd be so awesome.

It's a theory.

[quote name='Arcanelord' post='225115' date='Jun 5 2009, 07:51 PM']I think the fact that Link isn't holding a sword is meant to imply that she's the Master Sword. That doesn't necessarilly mean Link won't be using a sword at that point in the game. This is just concept art, after all.[/quote]

You make an entirely great point. Ocarina of Time art with Link and Epona, EPONA COULD BE THE SWORD. Minish Cap are where Link is reading a map, THE HAT IS THE SWORD.

Posted

Muffin, you misunderstand. That wasn't my point. Vadarth X said that at some point Link won't have a sword, and I was pointing out that that's not necessarilly true. I imagine he would be using a sword in an important place such as that will probably be. As I said before, they just didn't put a sword in his hand in that image to reinforce the theory.

Posted

No, trust me, Epona's the sword.

Also, if you thought I was trying to mean, I wasn't. I don't even see how that could've been considered mean.