Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule Game Idea

181 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't jinx it, or we'll all Saha on the thing.

Posted

I had a very interesting idea during school today. In fact, I spent most of my brainpower today thinking about this game.

Before fighting Nabeshin, instead of doing a normal level, the player should play sort of a mini werewolf game. Ten random characters will be involved, 6 towns, 3 wolves, 1 indie. 2 town players will be able to actionblock, 2 will spy, 1 will redirect, and 1 will defend. The indy will have a random ability and 2 of the wolves will have random secondary abilities. The player can talk to the characters and decide whom to lynch, but he has to fight the character in order to lynch him/her.

Posted

All the other bosses will be revived before that and they will play.

During my boss fight, my weakness should be that I stop to work on other things in the middle of the boss fight.
Joshizzle should be in there even though he's drifting away.
He could fight with mirrors.

Posted

I totally need to finish my virtual courses so I can work on this. It will be epic. I can't stop imagining how epic it will be.

Posted

what about the main character
we should be able to costomize ours
you could put a store at the end of each level so we could buy clothes
like a J-day t-shirt for our character

Posted

Hate to say it, but that sounds like a good idea.
I mean we all have our weak points I guess.

Posted

[IMG]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/digitizedCo/Newwalk.gif[/IMG]

Posted

The shading you used on his head and body is slightly irritating.
Like, it makes his head look sleek when it's supposed to just be a gray head. I would prefer dithering. The body is shaded as if it is made of cylinders, and the light source is right in front of it.
[img]http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8210/newuser.gif[/img] [IMG]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/digitizedCo/Newwalk.gif[/IMG]
Just for comparison.

Also, the sprite doesn't work unless you make it jump when it runs, because the leg moving animations appear so quick and erratic when you look at them, as if the arms don't move with the legs. It appears unnatural.
I like the speed it's going at, though, but it doesn't look like a convenient speed. Somewhere between mine and yours would do well.
Sahaqiel

Posted

I just want to point out as an aspiring developer that the upper body and the legs will probably be animated separately (to allow the player to do things while running). So you might not want to have too much up-and-down motion there.

Posted

I didn't think it was going to pass that level of simplicity?
I mean I can't quite recall a good classic 8 or 16 bit game that required you animate the upper body differently at any moment.

Posted

Saha, I didn't know your frame size or which frames jumped, so i just left it like that.
As for the shading... I dunno. I personally liked the smooth head, but if you want to dither it, go ahead, I suppose. Just please use some colors that contrast. Also, maybe a smoother transition between the head and the body would look better?

I leave him/she/it to you for now. I'm gonna try and do some plot/level/world design.

Posted

Well I mean, it's a head. And since it's on this level of cartoonishness, the neck doesn't have a lot of importance. But I'll try.

Also, I have an idea. Before anything of significance happens, like boss fights or character introductions, there should be a pause and an explanation of the inside joke, so people don't feel alienated from such unfamiliar things.
Sahaqiel

Posted

Sounds good.

World(Chapter?) One: "Welcome to the Internet, Enjoy your stay!" Introductory levels, the background is commonly white, and the ground is floating data. The enemies are things such as Trolls, Noobs, and the like. Probably only one boss at the end of the world.

Posted

I was bored, so I did a quick mockup of what the Sahaqiel/Rainbowqiel battle might look like. Please note: this picture contains little effort and little talent.

[attachment=3936:rainbowqiel_mockup.png]

Posted

I'm just saying.
This better actually get finished. Because this is freaking win.