Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Another Win for Insanity

33 posts in this topic

Posted

After hearing this, I really want to leave the U.S. Brief synopsis: our history textbooks are being revised by a dentist and the Texas Board of Education, which has a blatantly conservative agenda . Sweeping changes have been enacted, including deleting every mention of the world "capitalism" and replacing it with "free-enterprise system." (I mean, really, that's just pointless.) This might not have beed so bad if it didn't affect the curriculum in forty-six or forty-seven states for the next few generations. Of course, I hope to be in Europe by then.

(Related article: How Christian Were the Founders?)

Posted

...What the hell, Republicans. No seriously, this is going WAY too far.

All my hope in the US has vanished now.

Come join Europe, randomfan, it's way more fun over here C:

Posted

Just now? I lost hope during the Bush era. This only plunges me deeper into my gloom. :cry: Hopefully it's sunnier in the U.K.

Posted

Hey, woah, foriegners. Thats just Texas. They've always been like that. The rest of us know how it is.

CASCADE TO INSURE BROISM YOU MUST POUND MY INTERNET FIST

POUND IT

|................................................................|

PRETEND THIS LITTLE BOX IS MY FIST

PUNCH YOUR GODDAM MONITOR CASCADE

DO IT FOR ME

Posted

Wow. That article has so much spin it left me kind of dizzy. History textbooks as they currently stand are rather left-leaning. Can you find any mention of Eugenics in your American History textbook?

Posted

I love my laptop more than I love you sorry pheonix :c

Posted

Wow. That article has so much spin it left me kind of dizzy. History textbooks as they currently stand are rather left-leaning. Can you find any mention of Eugenics in your American History textbook?

The difference: history textbooks as they are now have a slight liberal bias. With this, they will have a strong conservative bias.

And no, Eugenics wasn't in any of my history textbooks. My history textbooks consisted of a horribly written collection of bullet points that sounded like they were supposed to be for sixth graders.

Posted

Alright, I'm going to nitpick the article a bit:

Efforts by Hispanic board members to include more Latino figures as role models for the state’s large Hispanic population were consistently defeated, prompting one member, Mary Helen Berlanga, to storm out of a meeting late Thursday night, saying, “They can just pretend this is a white America and Hispanics don’t exist.

Posted

Cascade you can just tap my fist with your fist. It doesn't have to be aggressive. Thats how most people do it.

But then the really cool people try and hit it as hard as they can.

Posted

Texas, and most of the Bible Belt, scares me. School should be school and church should be church. If you wanna mix 'em, then go to a private school.

PS~ I went to Catholic private schools 'till I was expelled my freshman year... As you can see now, it really puppyed me up. suspicious.gif

Posted

Huzzah for England! Where the only bad thing is the rain.

Posted

I like rain :c

And I punched your stupid internet fist, pheonix god :P

Posted

There are a few things in Europe that I like. Such as:

The LNER (or it's remains)

A1 Tornado

Germany

awesome accents/languages

and Iron Maiden

However, they seem to be exchanging freedom for security. The first step towards a totalitarian state.

Sure, mah good ol' US of A is on the same path, but not as far. Seriously, those anti-gun laws are just disarming

law-abiding people and making crime easier for criminals.

Posted

There are better places than England.

Exactly.

This country is really uninviting. We don't take kindly to foreigners at all :/ I like them but overall we're pretty crappy like that. I mean, most people complain about immigrants, even though we get like under 1% of them and we still say we're hard done by.

BS.

Listen from 4:50 at least.

Posted

Alright, I'm going to nitpick the article a bit.

It's stupid to include more Latino figures just because they're Latino. What matters is if the figure is important. I'll do some more if the spirit moves me, but why don't you post some passages from that article that you find particularly insane?

Of course it matters if the individual is important. However, you can't have a textbook filled with people of one or two different races. And, well, just take a look at the names mentioned in the article.

Texas, and most of the Bible Belt, scares me. School should be school and church should be church. If you wanna mix 'em, then go to a private school.

PS~ I wen't to Catholic private schools 'till I was expelled my freshman year... As you can see now, it really puppyed me up. suspicious.gif

It's okay, you seem sane now.

Nothing is more annoying than a faggot who sucks the cock of a culture that they are not a part of. I am sure you became really in-tune with your inner faggot during the Bush presidency. You followed suit and disliked him for reasons that you couldn't fully understand, becoming so adamant it that you forgot that he's not the president anymore. So you can stop being a pretentious faggot now, bro.

No one cares about your uninformed stances on subjects like these and we care even less about your thoughts on England. There are better places than England.

Who the heck are you talking to?

Also, England, Spain, Japan, it doesn't really matter. All I want to do is get out of the U.S.

Alright, I'm going to nitpick the article a bit.

It's stupid to include more Latino figures just because they're Latino. What matters is if the figure is important. I'll do some more if the spirit moves me, but why don't you post some passages from that article that you find particularly insane?

Of course it matters if the individual is important. However, you can't have a textbook filled with people of one or two different races. And, well, just take a look at the names mentioned in the article.

PS~ I wen't to Catholic private schools 'till I was expelled my freshman year... As you can see now, it really puppyed me up. suspicious.gif

It's okay, you seem sane now.

Nothing is more annoying than a faggot who sucks the cock of a culture that they are not a part of. I am sure you became really in-tune with your inner faggot during the Bush presidency. You followed suit and disliked him for reasons that you couldn't fully understand, becoming so adamant it that you forgot that he's not the president anymore. So you can stop being a pretentious faggot now, bro.

No one cares about your uninformed stances on subjects like these and we care even less about your thoughts on England. There are better places than England.

Who the heck are you talking to?

Also, England, Spain, Japan, it doesn't really matter. All I want to do is get out of the U.S.