Werewolf Werewolf - Game over, Werewolves win.

930 posts in this topic

Posted

I used my ability to kill Pheo in an attempt to end the game, but it seems I chose the wrong person. I don't deny killing him. I regret it, but hopefully this ends as it should anyway.

My role is executioner. I fought to find my axe, and I use it in an attempt to bring justice.

If you'll recall, Pheo told me he'd kill me earlier. If he had, and you'd seen that I was town, would you have killed him? I made the mistake he was going to make, I'm afraid, but we can still win this game if The Doctor follows my lead.

Posted

so dude bro man like

The Doctor sure is thinking hard about this.

Posted

How long until the game is over? Because the suspense is so thick I'm starting to suffocate.

Posted

If you guys run out of time, I'll have to roll for it.

Posted

If you guys run out of time, I'll have to roll for it.

Crap. How about if we run out of time, we let all of the ghosts vote on who to kill?

Posted

Or The Doctor could come in here and be like yo G's I'm gonna' vote now.

PM him or something.

Posted

Rolling for it is retarded, it's the final lynch of the game.

Leave the phase going until he votes.

Posted

Seriously, though, where is he?

Posted

being dicks

Posted

My apologies for inactivity. I have to vote Aethix. If shadowknight is the wolf, I deserve all the blame you can heap on me.

Posted

Seriously? Unbelievable. I exposed two of the wolves at the same time!

Posted

storystorystorystorystory

Posted

Yeah, I'm pretty sure shadowknight is the wolf, lol. Saha is sleeping right now but he'll be down to story later.

Posted

Crap, I screwed up royally. I deserve all the blame the internet is capable of heaping on me.

Posted

Sweat dripped from Aethix's brow. He gestured to The Doctor, imploring he help him vanquish the Werewolf threat, holding the late sheriff's pistol in one hand. There was only one bullet in the chamber.

Aethix appeared to be William, Prisoner, Town.

shadowknight drew his axe, sweat dripping from his face, and pointed towards Aethix accusingly, begging The Doctor's assistance.

shadowknight appeared to be The Executioner, Executioner, Town.

The Doctor was so dazed and confused from the steady stream of words that billowed from the two combatants. It was so hot, and the droning of insects nearby made him want to take a nap.

The Doctor appeared to be Erica, Medic, Indie-Town.

From afar, the town was seen shimmering from the heat that emanated from both the battle and the midday sun. Aethix and shadowknight circled each other, both trying to get The Doctor to say something. Anything. They were going to fight it out anyway, but all they needed to know was whether or not the remaining citizen was on their side.

Ghouls started to rise from their graves, bringing forth a tumultuous ghastly aura that wore heavily on the hearts and souls of the remaining living inhabitants of the town. The town's energy suddenly became much darker. Frost developed on Grandmaster Phoenix's flowers. Glowing spirits, marked with claws, bruises, or weapons, stood hovering in their original homes. A chilling breeze swept the remaining population, but it was certainly not refreshing.

Finally, The Doctor snapped out of his daydreaming. He hadn't really paid attention before, and he didn't bother to ask them to repeat their words, so he went with his gut.

The Doctor consigns Aethix to his death.

The Executioner laughed in triumph, to which the panicking prisoner responded with taking aim and shooting at him. The bullet bounced off the heavy Axe of Killing, and the executioner put on a mock face of fright. He begged the medic to aid him against the man with the gun. Aethix's face contorted in fear. He implored The Doctor not help this madman. He didn't even have any bullets in his gun, which he dropped to the ground anyway. The Doctor responded by taking out one of his remaining throwing torches. These were special torches, each the diameter of a small baseball bat, designed aerodynamically to travel swiftly through the air and remain lit on one side. He chucked it with all his might into Aethix's gut.

Music fills the atmosphere.

Mmmm what'cha' say,

Mmm that you only meant well?

Well of course you did

The Doctor was used to this music by now, which strangely accompanied each of his torch related kills. Aethix looked down at his wound, then up at The Doctor's with a face full of shock and disbelief.

Mmmm what'cha' say,

Mmmm, that it's all for the best?

Of course it is

Even though Aethix was about five meters away, the stream of blood shot right onto The Doctor's face. The Doctor got an unexplained black eye. Aethix turned around to look at The Doctor with a shocked and betrayed looking expression.

Mmmm what'cha' say?

Mmmm that it's just what we need?

You decided this,

Mmm What'cha' say?

Mmmm what did she say?

Aethix fell to his knees, then onto his back. His body would definitely catch fire, eventually. Such was life.

Just then, terrible laughter rang out. Maniacal, insane laughter. The ghosts backed away from their viewing points slightly. The laughter continued on and on, but The Doctor could only stand and stare with an uneasy feeling at shadowknight's persistent outburst. shadowknight fell to one knee in his laughter, covering the top part of his face with one hand, the other clutching his stomach. He dropped his axe and rolled over on the ground, his unbearably confusing laughter leaking out from his very being. Had he gone mad? That should have been the last werewolf. Is this his way of celebrating?

By the time shadowknight got up and brushed himself off, Aethix's clothes had caught fire. shadowknight shouldered his axe and looked at The Doctor with a murderous glare. The Doctor wore a grimace of fright, and took out his last throwing torch to defend himself with, but shadowknight swiftly cut it in half with a swift chop, using his hand. Before raising his axe to deal the finishing blow, he takes off one of his bracers to reveal fang marks. The Doctor's blood practically froze. How could he have missed this? shadowknight was the only other one with a killing ability, and he certainly didn't bring the jester to his doom. shadowknight's actions and abilities were never monitored by anyone. Aethix had also championed the werewolf hunt in amount of kills. He had failed as a medic.

The Doctor double loses and should probably get a point taken away from his Werewolf score, even if it makes him go negative or something.

shadowknight's axe was raised high into the air, but it was only a distraction so he could kick The Doctor into the grave that was prepared behind him. The Doctor was dazed from hitting his head on the coffin behind him. Flowers and vines adorned the dirt walls of his new prison. Before he could come to and attempt to climb out, he saw shadowknight carrying Aethix's conflagrated body on the flat of his axe. shadowknight dumped the flaming body on top of its murderer, likewise setting him aflame. As screams of karma clawed their way out of the hole in the ground, shadowknight walked over to the blank headstone and chiseled in the word, "MISLED".

shadowknight is The Executioner, Infected, Werewolf.

shadowknight walked over to the gravedigger's house to find him dead in his chair. shadowknight was the only one left. With no instruction of the original plan from the original werewolves, and nowhere else left to go, he drank the rest of his days away. Somewhere along the way, shadowknight woke up from his alcohol encumbered slumber, and had a wild thought. Perhaps this whole situation was born of people's innate distrust of the different. Werewolves weren't that different from people. Maybe this was all just a ploy to get the townsfolk to trust them. shadowknight leaned back in his chair, a bottle of alcohol in his left hand, his rusted axe that he'd used as a bottle opener, in his right. As the last drop of liquid entered his open skyward mouth, shadowknight had a thought in the final moments of his last, rasping breath. Perhaps consciousness leads to these kinds of actions. Trust and distrust. Loyalty to race. Indulgence in consumption. In essence, life is more apt to destroy life.

Somewhere in a lone abandoned house, a decaying feast was lain out. There were fabulous decorations and presents. It seems the person this was for had long left town. The head werewolf was planning a surprise party for the town's sole child. He'd told her to wait in the forest with the sheriff, who was acting involuntarily under the werewolves' control, but she'd gotten lost, and it seems the man planning the party had forgotten to retrieve her. She was picked up by travelers, and was brought to a town that offered her a brilliant education, and a life of leisure. Her young memories had faded, and she'd never learned the fate of her town. It was doomed to sink beneath a bed of flowers.

THE FOLLOWING USERS HAVE WON:

That-1Guy

Umbreon

Linkprow

Corrupt One

shadowknight

Grandmaster Phoenix

pheonix561

1)You are Claire, Medium, Town.

LARGELY LEGENDARY

You're the town psychic. You don't really go out much or talk to anyone. You do enjoy trying to cook, though, but you're really bad at it. The previous day, you bought the entire collective stock of the bakery you frequent only to fail making the same cake five times. Through rigorous trial and error, you finally made and ate your cake that night. You can't function without sweets, and most of the bakeries have closed because of the commotion in town. People tell you you're going to balloon out once you hit thirty, but they don't realize that being a psychic burns a lot of calories. Now that the town's in trouble, you decided to reveal yourself more openly, but you're naturally suspicious due to your cauldron full of cooking supplies. Rumors circulate that you might be a witch.

You have the ability to summon the image of something relating to your target. If you obtain sweets of some sort, your ability is amplified and you can determine the alignment of the target. Once you obtain sweets, no other player may tamper with them in any way, but determining someone's alignment destroys all sweets in your inventory.

2)You are Ivan, Baker, Town.

FIERCE MUFFIN

You are slightly grateful that your business was going so well; a customer had bought all your stock the previous night. This, however, created problems. You've been left with few ingredients that are strange combinations, no matter how you put them together. Since the town is so flustered about recent happenings, though, you don't have to keep your threshold amount of goods for sale. People do get hungry, though, so you have to keep some things fresh for purchase. Since business isn't going so well, you've decided to help out the town and provide free food to select people that are participating in the wolf hunt. You're naturally suspicious despite this, due to your open friendliness to all sorts of suspicious customers.

Your nightly ability is the ability to force feed. You may create and feed the following foods to your target at night, or eat something yourself.

These recipes require certain ingredients.

- Banana Cookies: Bananas x4

- Celery Cake: Celery x10

- Fish Sausage Bread: Fish x3

- Frog's Head Pie: Frog

You found these recipes in a notebook you didn't even know you had. It's poorly documented, so you have no idea what any of these do, but they're all you can make with your ingredients. The only way to solve this is to have people taste test it, or sacrifice your taste buds and stomach for the good of the town.

You also have a passive ability. You may pass your bakery, which is situated under your house, onto either your jailed son, or your most loyal customer upon your death.

You currently have:

Bananas x6

Celery x7

Fish x2

Infinite Flour

3)You are William, Prisoner, Town.

AETHIX

You've been jailed due to drunk joyriding the stablemaster's wagon into a tree. The town doesn't get much trouble, so everyone's pretty lenient on your offense. Your father was just glad you didn't break anything. The sheriff sometimes plays cards with you to pass the time, and you've only got to stay in your cell for a week. One night while the sheriff was out, you picked the lock of your cell to use the outhouse, but he caught you on the way back. A few hours later, the commotion started. This makes you really suspicious.

You have really good hearing, so you can eavesdrop on the loud townspeople at night through your cell window. You can either eavesdrop on bits a random conversation that three people are holding, or more of a target's conversation.

You may also pick the locks of anything that needs to be unlocked at the time.

4)You are John, Sheriff, Town.

SILVES

You don't really get a lot of trouble from the townsfolk, so you have financial issues sometimes. You finally got a new prisoner, but he's not really a bad guy. You play cards with him occasionally, and he doesn't even cheat. You caught him out of his cell the night the town's problems started happening, though, so you're pretty suspicious of that.

You have a weird habit of sleepwalking or something, and you wake up in weird places. You should probably get that checked.

You have a 70% chance to jail a target at night, preventing him or her from using their nightly ability.

5)You are Tabitha, Witch, Werewolf.

THAT-1GUY

While not actually a werewolf, you are part of the werewolf faction. You run a bar under the guise of the barmaid, and you have a jolly good time with everyone, etc. etc. You're allied with the priest, but he's forgotten his master plan. You scolded him several times after that. Incessantly. Currently, a traveling bard is staying in one of your rooms, and he accidentally caught a glimpse of you while you were brewing a potion. He actually thought you were just cooking, but that stuff's quite frightening. You're kinda' paranoid. You need to make a living too, so you can't kick the sole inhabitant out, since he provides good money for an honest living, which makes you trusted by the townsfolk, and you certainly can't kill him, being the only one he's seen with a lot. Your paranoia makes you suspicious.

You have the ability to kill someone every night. As long as you have werewolf aligned allies, this choice depends on your teammates' decisions as well. You must all agree on someone to kill, and on which of you will do the killing.

You have the secondary ability to brew a love potion and force someone to drink it in the same night. Since it is an item, it can be stolen before it gets to its target and kept for later use by someone else. This potion causes the target to become distracted by how much they are obsessed with you and subsequently use their alternate ability, whether the conditions for their alternate ability are met or not.

You have one restriction; if you use the love potion on the traveling bard, then he sings a song for you, causing you to fall in love with him and become Town aligned. In the same night, you will be unable to use your nightly ability.

6)You are Geoffrey, Priest, Werewolf.

UMBREON

You are a self-aware werewolf. You bit the sheriff one night while he was sleeping in his chair. You've been patiently biding biding your time and waiting for the right time to enact your schemes. Your plan succeeding, the sheriff has made off with a village child. This is going pretty well for you. Only, you've somehow forgotten who the sheriff is. It's quite a hassle when your plan was so well thought out. Only, you've also forgotten your plan. This is not your day, but then, you still have the feeling that you've accomplished something. You rant into the air anyway. You as a priest became suspicious after you started asking everyone to donate all the silver they had to the church. You are also caught burning patches of grass, which you know are actually native Wolfsbane.

You have the ability to kill someone every night. As long as you have werewolf aligned allies, this choice depends on your teammates' decisions as well. You must all agree on someone to kill, and on which of you will do the killing.

You currently have:

- Fresh Steak (Werewolves have big appetites.)

Your goal is to figure out your plan and achieve it, though killing everyone else works too. Your plan, however, probably works out quicker and faster than killing everyone. It's a crowded town.

7)You are Merlin, Warlock, Independent.

GRANDMASTER PHOENIX

Even though you're a warlock, you enjoy gardening and taking your watering can to water your garden... sometimes the neighbors' gardens. It makes the town look more beautiful and you have to put your late mother's watering can to use. Since you're the most sweet and harmless mid-20s warlock ever, the townsfolk are generally pretty secure around you. However, the priest is on edge around you a lot, telling you you should stop watering worthless weeds. He says your time would be better spent worshiping. This hurts your feelings and you sometimes cry when no one is looking after one of his lectures. Since he is a priest, though, people take his attitude towards you as a sign that you are evil, completely ignoring your practice of summoning demons to help with your gardening, since they do a pretty awesome job at tackling those dandelions.

You win if you manage to plant five gardens by the end of the game.

You have the ability to summon a demon to help plant a group of herbs, simultaneously using an array of curses to drain weeds of their life. You may plant a garden in any shape you specify.

8)You are Gimly, Alchemist, Independent.

ARCANE

While the town was in an uproar, you were taking a walk along a beautiful garden on the side of the normally bland path. You stopped to smell the roses when you saw a patch of Forget-Me-Nots. Being an alchemist, this was a pretty great opportunity to create, ironically, an amnesia potion with these herbs. You could taste the delicious mischief. You went home and brewed up the sinister concoction. This potion makes you forget the most important thing on your mind at the moment. You surely weren't going to taste test it, so you slipped some into the priest's goblet. However, as you passed his window later that day, you noticed he was ranting wildly into the air. Piquing your interest, you sidled up next to the window and overheard him ranting about the loss of his plans. Through this violent monologue you realized that the priest was actually a werewolf in disguise! Your mouth became toothy in a mad smile, and your eyes glowed with a boyish delight. You thought back to the garden; you're sure you saw Wolfsbane in that patch! You contemplated the situation as you walked home. This is the perfect time to test its properties in the field. As your train of thought became more convoluted and devilish, you made a toast to yourself with some wine you brewed, downed the goblet, and suddenly forgot who the priest was. You looked across the room; the Forget-Me-Not potion sat innocently in its original position. It couldn't be. You sprinted back to the church. The priest was gone! You only grinned harder. This was going to be the best hide and seek ever.

Your creepy delight during such times of despair have made you naturally suspicious.

You have the ability to make one potion at night, and force someone to drink your creation. You may also take the potion yourself. However, this depends upon your inventory.

You can make:

- Wolfsbane Potion: Wolfsbane x2, Serpine Root, Dandelions (Kills werewolves only)

- Invisibility Potion: Glass salts, ether, Dandelions (Makes someone disappear the next day. They can still post, but no one can vote for them.)

- Truth Potion: Worry Wort, Speakeasy Ale, Dandelion (Forces someone to sleeptalk their secrets during the night.)

You currently have:

- Serpine Root x2

- Dandelions

- Worry Wort

Your goal is to find the identity of the priest and kill him with your Wolfsbane Potion. If someone kills him before you, then you fail. If anyone finds out about your plan, you're immediately lynched.

9)You are Marcus, Traveling Performer, Town.

CORRUPT ONE

You recently entered town in search of your long-lost comrades in performership; your troupe had disbanded years earlier when a raccoon panicked the jester into running off. He was always a very swift man when frightened. However, now that the town is in a state of cacophony, everyone's too rude to help you with your problems. You figured you might as well help. You might find some of your friends along the way. Being a newcomer, however, makes you naturally suspicious.

You, being a renowned entertainer, have an array of special skills.

You can do:

- Magical Juggling (Redirect one person's actions to another target.)

- Pick a Card (Determines who the target is targeting.)

- Flashlight (The target cannot use their nightly ability due to shock.)

You currently have:

- Sword (This is stuck in your esophagus-stomach area. You can't use it unless it's removed.)

You gain a new ability if you find someone from your traveling troupe.

10)You are Nicolo, Traveling Bard, Town.

DOCHOBO

You came to the town because of a rumor that involved your lost troupe. The entertainer group you were part of disbanded after a raccoon scared the jester off.

However, the only thing you've done since you got in town is waste the hours away at the local bar. You don't mind, since the barmaid is good company. She's been acting really strange around you lately, though, and you don't know quite why. You don't really know a lot of things, like why you went to a bar in search of your friends that weren't that big into alcohol. Oh well; they'd turn up eventually. Your odd clothes make you suspicious to the townsfolk.

You have the ability to sing to someone at night, preventing them from using their nightly action. You may make up a song of any varying silliness.

You have the passive ability to have your corpse fill the slot of an identifiable person, upon your possible death.

11)You are Dulcimer, Mayor, Town.

NABESHIN

You, as the head of the town, must do something about this unfortunate event. You're also, however, more used to a quaint, quiet little town setting. Big dramatic mysteries aren't your thing, but you have to make the right decision as the go-to guy. Everyone is really suspicious of each other. Since they've already started the HLEP, you have no choice but to help sway public opinion.

You have the ability to either prevent someone from voting the next day, or to vote twice during the day phase.

You have the passive ability to pass on documentation of certain characters from the town archive, upon your possible death. Upon your death, TOWN becomes a character and a random variable in influencing vote count.

12)You are Erica, Medic, Indie-Town.

THE DOCTOR

You are the town's sole doctor. You are quite uninteresting. Your quest is to become more interesting. People often pass you by without even noticing you, even though you wear just the right amount of makeup and could compete with the barmaid for looks. You also try to get people to notice you by doing insane stuff, like juggling torches in front of your care wards. This seems a bit counterintuitive for an experienced doctor like you. Ever since the town got a jolt from recent happenings, you've taken it as a chance to make yourself stand out a bit more, but at the same time, protect people from the werewolves' crafty schemes.

You have the ability to protect someone for a night. However, you can't protect yourself.

If people mention your username eight or more times, in town debates, you unlock a new ability.

You are an Indie-Town. You can win either by unlocking a new ability or by completing the town's win condition.

13)You are Emily, Stablemaster, Indie-Werewolf.

LINKPROW

You're a really sort of indifferent sort of person. You are always sleepy and you're always chewing on things in your sleep. You were infected by a werewolf during one of these naps and gained their powers and lustrous straight teeth. You are indifferent to the whole situation, as always. You have more important things to think about.

For instance, your wagon recently disappeared, and your pet horse was outside your gate one night for some reason, but then that's quite alright.

Your ability is to bite someone at night. This bite has a 10% chance to infect the target and make them into a werewolf as well. This chance increases to 20% if the target is targeting you.

You are an Indie-Wolf. You think it would be pretty cool if you stayed alive the whole time, but if you want to help the werewolves, that's cool too. You take stuff as it comes.

14)You are Force of Chance, Deity, Independent.

AMMONSA

You are a force of nature. You are nowhere and everywhere, and take the form of a humanoid person in the town. You exist amongst everyone, but you can't quite read minds. You often try to help situations with your powers, but these have varied results. Your name is quite misleading; you aren't the driving force behind all chance happenings, rather, you can summon chance happenings, whether they be good or bad. You've no control over the positivity of these outcomes. The town coexists with all types of people because of your meddling, but as it turns out, your actions caused this whole event to take place. The butterfly effect sure does enjoy screwing you deities up.

Although you are a well respected local deity in the town, you aren't immortal.

You have the ability to do... something:

- Amplify target's nightly action

- Hinder the effect of the action

- Redirect the action to a random target

- Neutralize the action completely

- Cause the target to use an ability they don't know

- Generate a random item onto the target

The ability will be randomly chosen. The original target is up to you.

You win if you cause any faction to achieve their win condition.

15)You are Brog, Blacksmith, Town.

KIMMY

You are the town blacksmith. You enjoy the heat of the forge and the shaping of iron and stuff like that. The town's problems aren't really yours. In fact, they've bought most of your items for protection. Only the lame townsfolk, though. Most of the important fraction of the town is unprotected. You can fix that, though. Not just anyone can handle a weapon, but you can forge some really fine defensive items.

You have the ability to create and give shields to people, which each have a 40% chance of defending them from killing moves. All shields break after attacks, however.

You don't typically work with the best materials, but you make good shields.

If there is someone in need of a weapon, you can also create the specific item.

16)You are The Executioner, Executioner, Town.

SHADOWKNIGHT

You're kind of that stereotypical type of executioner with a black mask and no shirt. That type of guy. Anyway, the town has taken away your Axe of Killing away because the town's HLEP needs to be figured out peacefully. What is the use of an executioner if you're just going to hang everyone? You feel quite cheated and naked without your axe, and besides that, you actually need to sit down and discuss things in order to come to a decision. What era is this? Who's ever heard of public education? Who thinks a guy trained and hired solely to chop peoples' heads off can think with debating reasoning? Who thought this was funny?

You have the ability to kill, but you need an axe.

17)You are Funnywinks, Jester, Independent.

PHEONIX561

After the town decided to flip itself upside-down, you thought you might try to cheer everyone up by stirring up some mischief, even though your face is typically very stern, your voice is monotone, and your body is practically inanimate. Jesters are sort of outdated during these times, so you're pretty much just trying to get some paid work. You were once part of a traveling troupe of performers, but you were separated many years ago. They tried to get inside your tent, but you slipped away just in time and ran for miles. Those were younger times. You found the alchemist's house and sampled one of the many potions situated on his work table. It could have been lethal, but your drive for life isn't quite that strong anyway. It was safe, but tasted a bit vulgar, which is perfect. You slipped some into a half full wine bottle with a forced giggle. You tiptoed away with a stony face. You were just about to write this act of hilarity into the personal diary you keep on yourself at all times when you forgot why you even took it out. So you just shrugged and pocketed the diary. Being a creepy old man who dresses up funny and works with children often, you are naturally suspicious.

You have the ability to put notes of any kind in your diary. Every end of the day and end of the night, you must write something new into your diary; it must be no longer than 50 characters. You can directly quote any of your notes inside your diary, and you can choose a person to slip notes onto as they sleep. They will wake up with the message attached to their clothing.

You have the passive ability to drop your diary upon your death, if it happens. Before they read it, its contents will be legitimized as fact by the gamemaster. You would have wanted to stir up mischief, even after death.

If the townsfolk kill someone who is not a werewolf because of one of your diary entries, or notes, you win, even if dead.

You currently have:

- Diary (Cannot be interfered with by anyone for the first three days)

18)You are Antoinette, Teacher, Town.

PHANTASMAGORIC HERO

You are the town's schoolteacher. Since there isn't much to teach about in this day and age, you normally just go on wild tangents about your rebellious days. Pirates and everything. The kids ate that stuff up. You are the coolest schoolteacher on the continent.

Anyway, you settled down to this glorious town of X-enburg and bore a child, which is now missing. This is really really bad. Feeling weak and helpless, you instantly reverted back to your cold, pirating self, discarding your previous warmth and agreeability. You put your hair back in your bandanna, folded your eyepatch under it in case it becomes nighttime, and put on your old captain's uniform and big black buckled boots. Your captain's hat bears an ominous Jolly Roger. With this disguise, you look exactly like a burly seafaring man, with the scent of the sea radiating nostalgically from you. In your best gruff voice, you have convinced the town that

You are SkinBeard, Pirate, Independent.

You are the mightiest and most nautically nefarious pirate to ever sail on the Great Blue, and you don't even have a beard! This is your disguise. To the townsfolk, you are here to drink ale and lollygag, but those landlubbers haven't had their timbers shaken like you have. You're going to find the scurvy dog who did this, yarr, even if it means swashbuckling out of Davy Jones' locker. You feel that you can take on any scallywag who stands in your way, now.

You have the ability to cut someone's purse and obtain their item, at the same time learning their identity, but not their alignment.

You win if you manage to recover your child. To the townsfolk, your only win condition appears to be to drink ale.