Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Frozen was a good movie. If you enjoy a movie like The Fault in Our Stars then you're sure to enjoy Frozen. I feel like TFiOS would be too sentimental for me but Frozen wasn't too twee, which is the kind of thing people tend to dislike about musical Disney movies.

Who was the guy who said it was awful? What sort of movies does he like? Would he like TFiOS?

Posted

I've been hearing people talk about frozen so much that I hadn't even realized it's been on dvd for months now, and I can probably actually watch it now. So I'll probably do that.

Posted

tumblr_ms97dwVs7b1ryinrko1_500.jpg

lol jk happy birthday!

Eka likes this

Posted

I feel like I see things on reddit before they get around to tumblr

it really depends though

Posted

Frozen was a good movie. If you enjoy a movie like The Fault in Our Stars then you're sure to enjoy Frozen. I feel like TFiOS would be too sentimental for me but Frozen wasn't too twee, which is the kind of thing people tend to dislike about musical Disney movies.

Who was the guy who said it was awful? What sort of movies does he like? Would he like TFiOS?

Actually she loved TFiOS...

Posted

Why did she hate Frozen? The kind of nonsense reasons that get passed around tumblr?

Posted

The same reason people hated justin bieber or other popular things

It's just an excuse for them to feel like they're above other people. I haven't seen Frozen. But it's impossible to call it bad. Too much money went into it

Posted

Frozen's good. It's a pretty calculated Disney movie in the context of their library and possibly the times [but who knows] but I'd recommend it to folks. The humor writing is good for a general audience without being godawful.

But yeah, I was driving myself to kaffles' aunt's house for about 45 minutes, and all my little brother put on the car's radio were covers and remixes of Let It Go. When he ran out of them he played them again. There was a Trap remix. It was oddly fascinating, but it still riled up a little bit of that eye-rolling superiority feeling.

Posted

People dont hate Justin Bieber because he's popular. They hate him because of all the negative shit he gets himself into.

But yeah, People probably hate Frozen jux cause its popular. Although, after reading that thing about how disney cant animate women, and then seeing that the 2 girls and that chick from Tangled all look exactly the same, i cant help but feel they might have some good points.

frozen_tangled_comparison.jpg

Posted

Yeah, the women in CG Disney movies are pretty generic-faced. People made the argument that "Elsa and Anna are sisters so they WOULD look like each other, duh", but that ignores the fact that sisters can often look entirely different, and quite often in animated movies they're quite distinct, while just sharing a few key features, like with how normal siblings resemble each other. They're not identical twins from what I recall.

And Justin Bieber hate was from before his personality was apparent. From back when he was just a large success with a baby face. People made fun of him because everybody wanted to convince themselves that they were better than the famous person, by belittling him and his life. He was just a pop singer that people rolled their eyes at, and ridicule snowballed into a huge fanbase for hatred. And then he started having a mental breakdown or something, lashing out at people and reporters, eventually getting at this "done" period where he just messes with people for fun and makes life difficult for his PR team. I feel like he's just standing on the top, marveling at the power he holds. He's gone mad with influence.

Posted

i never had a problem with him until i read articles of his awfulness, but i see what you mean.

Posted

And Justin Bieber hate was from before his personality was apparent. From back when he was just a large success with a baby face. People made fun of him because everybody wanted to convince themselves that they were better than the famous person, by belittling him and his life. He was just a pop singer that people rolled their eyes at, and ridicule snowballed into a huge fanbase for hatred. And then he started having a mental breakdown or something, lashing out at people and reporters, eventually getting at this "done" period where he just messes with people for fun and makes life difficult for his PR team. I feel like he's just standing on the top, marveling at the power he holds. He's gone mad with influence.

Yeah. This is generally why I pity Justin Bieber. I don't like him, but I pity him. He started on youtube just dancing and singing and doing what he loved when suddenly a world famous producer told him he was going to make him rich and famous and beloved, and that's exactly what happened. So he won an incredible lottery his life was suddenly fantastic, and everyone hated him for it. I personally remember voting to send him to north korea, twice. And why? Because we thought he was a bad musician? But really, who's fault is that? There's hundreds of thousands of kids on youtube doing exactly what he was doing, and he just got picked at random to be great. He didn't write terrible songs to get popular, people wrote terrible songs for him, and he just sang them and was the face of it all. Tweenage girls keep buying his music and thinking he's incredible, but he didn't put himself there, the music industry who knew how to make that money did. Same thing that happened with One Direction, and the same thing that's going to happen again in another three years, max. I definitely don't like justin bieber, but I definitely pity him.

Posted

One Direction are just the one talent show winner that worked out past the week following them winning their competition. They don't seem to have fallen apart yet though. At least they have each other to keep themselves sane. Justin Bieber sits alone on his golden throne, cold and uncomfortable but beautiful to behold.

I look forward to seeing what happens next for him though. If he went on a shooting rampage from his car wouldn't that be the perfect example of all the bad in American culture.

Posted

One Direction is just a way for Harry Styles to make money before he goes solo. I will be surprised if he is not the next Justin Timberlake.

Teto likes this