Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Good job YLA! What's the book about? I remember a fantasy setting, that's about all I got.

In other news I just realized I never actually got around to watching the Zelda WiiU trailer.

It's about aliens and it also involves dark sides and things like that.

Posted

What's the deal with bail anyway. Like, you pay money to get people out of jail? People do bad things and you can get them out as long as you pay enough. Is that a formal bribe or what? Just like "Yeah we locked this dude up for a while but if you give us $100 we'll let it slide, whatevs".

Posted

Oh good lord no, it's only for the time between an indictment and the trial. Basically you're putting down a deposit so that you're less likely to bolt if the police let you go home instead of staying in jail before your trial.

pheonix561 and Teto like this

Posted

Actually thank you for explaining that to me

Knuckle and Teto like this

Posted

No problem. I had to take a few advanced civics classes which included court proceedings as part of my major.

Posted

And if the defendant doesn't show up for court, you have to pay all the money you would have owed. Actually, that's what a bail bondsman is. I know because I bailed my friend out of jail like a week or so ago using a bail bondsman. Usually you have to put a car or your house on the line and if they're a no show, you lose your house or car. In some cases if they don't show up, you have to pay the full amount because a bail bondsman costs 10% of the actual bail.

Posted

Guess you have to rely on regular illegal bribes to get people out of jail. Bummer.

I know because I bailed my friend out of jail like a week or so ago using a bail bondsman. 

Dude, bad-ass. We all used to be nerds on this site but now you're the kind of guy bails people out of jail when he's not busy writing his book. Nice. You're like a proper gang man. I'll give you a call if I need someone taken care of.

I watched that Netflix series BoJack Horseman. I dropped it after a couple episodes, deciding that it was unwatchable trash. The humour was crude and the animation was really trashy and simple, like something made with Bitstrips. If it wasn't for how much I dig animal people, I wouldn't have given it a second shot. I finished watching the whole lot, and got to say, it turned out actually pretty good. The sex and drugs stayed, but it kept good continuity, showed off more characters, and got bleak and philosophical. Stuff that cuts straight to the heart of people's feelings. Vulnerable stuff. The characters ended up being quite compelling for a show that started out so badly, but I think that was the point. It goes the full spectrum from shallow to deep within the 12 episodes. I recommend it, because I like bleak and philosophical stuff.

T1g and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Just watched the movie Holes. It was pretty freaking awesome. Like the intertwining story was pretty cool. It was much better than what I thought it would be, that's for sure.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

It has very few...plotholes

Knuckle and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

Making those kids dig in the dirt all day was definitely a good form of

Holeistic learning B)

SilverAlchemic likes this