Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

chimetarou

this makes me giggle :3 because REASONS.

also, you should watch the clip, its nothing as obnoxious as HotD.

Posted

no i was going to watch it i was just not in a situation adequate for watching things

and then the dragoon girl shows up and just squids up the ship by herself

but you dont see any of it because the camera is focused on her crotch the entire time

Posted

good morning /co/ /mlp/ /oat/ Hyrule. What's new?

Personally, this:

Posted

none of that happened

Posted

Shut up, that video was pretty cool

Posted

it was all fakey fake

Posted

I wanted that video to be cool but i never got cool.

Posted

Okay, some of you asked me to post a couple sketches from my sketch book on what I've been thinking about the protagonist for the game Saha and I are making(It's gonna be called Balderdash, it's a squidding awesome name you'll love it), so here's two or three pages of that. I should probably go over them in pen before I scan them from now on though. I also should probably either post these in my art thread of make a thread for the game instead.

mEbOR.jpg

On the left is a really quick throw down of two character designs I had in mind. The thing with the snout of the left is a character I'm still working on. Specifically, I haven't decided if she's either the general of the army that hired the Balder Knights (Name of your army, I really should probably just make a thread) or if she's one of the other commanding officers for your army. But she's the only character in the game I'm going to allow to be blatantly sexy. On the right is a rough sketch of Rushmore, the guy you're playing as. This is his prison armour. It's all plot. I gotta make that thread, damn.

On the right is an idea I was trying out for his skeleton. I gave him thick thighs because he needs to run quickly and carry lots of things while he does it, and I gave him long arms to play off the idea that he's got wings. This, coupled with the fact that I knew I didn't want him to be a tall character, ended up making him look greek. Not necessarily a bad thing, but he doesn't really look like he could run very fast so much as he does very long. And I don't think his long arms would affect him positively in a fist fight.

Part of what's giving me such a hard time designing him is that I haven't quite decided how detailed each and every character in this game should be. That's part of style, which takes it's roots in setting, which takes it's roots in a bunch of stuff, and it's a lot to think about. And then there's nailing his proportions, and I'm not about to lay out every individual criterion i have to meet to be satisfied with his design when I'm posting this in the talk thread.

ygnk1.jpg

On this one I was just laying out the utility of his prisoner suit. I'm going to stop myself right now before I write out five more paragraphs because so help me god I am so ready to do that.

Posted

I'm liking those designs. Can't wait to see more.

Oh, and Tarou was about "anthropomorphic-ized weaponry". Anyone seen Saikano? I remember it being a pretty emo version of the girl-weapon cliché, but I also remember it being pretty decent at the time.

wallpaper_02_1280_138159255.jpg

Posted

if your game is voice acted the guy on the right gets to be ganny

Posted

This game will have voice acting. This is the part where the fact that I'm friends with lots of amateur voice actors comes in handy.

Posted

-