Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword announced

126 posts in this topic

Posted

I just know that this will probably top WW. Of course, the video already trampled TP. Haha, just kidding, but I'm keeping my hopes up! I loved the intro. OoT > MM > WW > TP >>>> WOW!

And the eyeball door thing was pretty bitchin'.

Posted

"I don't think anyone wants to see a young man push huge blocks with graphics better than that of the Gamecube."

Best quote of the day. During the Q&A among Mr.'s Iwata, Aonuma, and Miyamoto after the press conference. I believe it was Miyamoto

Posted

@G333: I like it. It looks different.

Posted

I have mixed feeling about this. I just saw the E3 presentation. Cell-shaded graphics are fine, BUT if they really want to make 'the best zelda game ever' (like Aunoma said he wanted), the should not do this.

I think the title and the logo are somewhat childish, what makes me think that the game will be easy as hell (again!!!). Also, the rumors about the difficulty-setting now turn out to be false, so yeah....

I like the fact that the game seems to be in some sort of Secret of Mana style, considering the mushrooms in the environment and the overall 'look' of the enemies and stuff. I think this is a good thing, AS LONG AS THEY MAKE THE STORYLINE REALLY INTERESING, with plotchanges and unexpected developments.

Ofcourse, this game will, too, be one of the great zelda games and will get high rankings on their reviews, ofcourse! We are talking about Nintendo and Zelda here, but I suspect the game will again be way too easy and fill be focussed on 'new' gamers, rather than the 'older' veteran gamers.

Posted

[quote name='Ganondorf333' date='15 June 2010 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1276624725' post='308130']
"I don't think anyone wants to see a young man push huge blocks with graphics better than that of the Gamecube."[/quote]
I don't get it.

Posted

I think that they had to do mature cell shading to push the limits. I'm glad they did it.

Posted

Ha ha. I was watching that too. And honestly, I don't really feel like Miyamoto and Aunoma are a good team. They both have very very different ideas, so we end up with something in between. It seems to me like Aunoma wants to focus on graphics, story, environments, art, all that jazz while Miyamoto cares most about it being fun and accessible. But hey, maybe it's good to be getting a fair mix of both those things. Still, I'd love to see a game that solely Aunoma produces, with Miyamoto completely off the team. It'd be interesting.

As for the trailer, the first one had me a little disappointed, I must admit. Maybe for the ridiculously bright environment or the quirky music. I guess I had my hopes up for something more epic and story/oriented. But after the second trailer that they showed AFTER the demo, I was a lot more confident about the game's direction. I'm excited for new information. And to see new levels. The giant mushroom electric green grassy lands is an interesting place to start, but I want to see darker and more vibrant places with cool weather and lighting effects too.

Eyeball door is absolutely bitchin'. Needs own spin-off franchise.

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='15 June 2010 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1276625089' post='308135']
I don't get it.
[/quote]
It was in reference to a question regarding the constant emphasis on gameplay over graphics. Like, Skyward Sword isn't a graphical masterpice technically. So he was all "Olol I don't see why would even need great graphics, all you're doing is watching a guy push blocks"

Also OHGOD GM IS BACK

Posted

Goron Merchant's initial thought process. . .

Realistic Link charging to battle on Epona with equipment hanging from his belts!! AWESOME! The mysterious and eerie Majora's Mask laughing sinisterly in the shadows! SICK NASTY!!!! THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT!! The King of Red Lions sails adventurously through the crashing waves of the Great Seas!! THIS KEEPS GETTING BETTER!! ALMOST THERE!! ALMOST THERE!! Wolf Link charging through landscape with his long teeth ready to tear away at enemies! HERE IT COMES! OH MAN! OH MAN! OH MAN!!! Goofy smiling Link in bright green tunic and funny looking pants swinging his sword around at the air. o.O Ooh.

Posted

Oh boy, I just read that Miyamotto and Aunoma said that Twilight Princess was 'too big'...
Does that mean that this new zelda will be only like 10 hours of playing..?

Jeez man, I think this will be like point the franchise dies...

Posted

As the trailer started I squeed. Literally. By the time it got to Wolf Link I nearly had a nerdgasm. Link grinning... I nearly cried.
I'm sorry but that trailer took my hopes for the game, jumped on them, ran Epona over them and spat in them. Then killed Ganondorf on them. I have to admit as they showed the game it did look pretty good but I don't think it'll top Twilight Princess and the trailer just showed a bit of gameplay and not the tiniest hint towards the story line which gives me the impression the story might not be that epic.
PLEASE, Nintendo, prove me wrong! Give us epic!
Oh and where was the lil' girl shown in the only other picture shown for it? Rumoured name Adelle? I wanted to see her!

Posted

Goron Merchant,

I agree!
It was great to see Majora's Mask and hearing the fans in the background. But then the fans quickly shut up when they realized Nintendo was just showing all the previous games...

Posted

Kinda annoying to see all these people just joining the forum and then bashing the game already.

Posted

Just giving our opinions too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it'll be great! But honestly, I was a little disappointed. Especially at the very beginning when the trailer first shows Link. But the gameplay looks super fluid. Especially running and rolling. I was only hoping for a little more epic. Like the first TP trailer.

Did anyone notice how the audience laughed when the announced China Wards for the 3DS? Ouch. Ha ha ha.

Posted

End of the franchise?..........Thats what they said about Zelda II..........and Ocarina before release.......and Wind Waker.....I for one think I've heard this all before