Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword announced

126 posts in this topic

Posted

Nah. It won't end it, but it will give it a bad rep. Like Zelda II. Even though Zelda II wasn't a bad game.

Posted

Well said.

I was a bit disappointed in the trailer itself. I mean, we typically get some pretty revealing and epic trailers full of anything. Like, even things they'll take out later.
All we got in the trailer was that strange opener that compiled the 3D Zeldas, and demo gameplay.
No plot or anything we can speculate on, which I'm actually sort of grateful for, but it all seems pretty bare bones.

I'm also not a fan of the beetle thing or the whip.

Posted

Ha ha. Not even a bad rep. Sure it's pretty bright and cartoony, but so was Wind Waker and that was an incredible game. Plus, if this game has the same creative team as Spirit Tracks, then there's a lot of promise.

Posted

I'm delighted with the graphics.

Everything about the game screams awesome to me...except for one thing.

Link is RIGHT HANDED AWIERWJEAIRWOIERSIJFASDF.

I hated that with TP. Hopefully they make both a right and left handed option. I'm tired of my only left-handed hero being changed to right-handed just because the majority of people in the world are right-handed.

Posted

The trailer and demo setting are both the direct result of the different development for this game. Only recently have they started with the story but they have been working out on gameplay and controls for years now. The reason TP's trailer was so story driven was due to its large emphasis on story weather as this one is focusing on gameplay mechanics. Not necessarily a bad thing and does not mean it will have a bad story.

Posted

When I first saw the trailer, what got me excited was the music. The games graphics look amazing! It looks like they put Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess into one. The game is bright which is one thing I liked about it, Wind Waker was bright too and when they showed Twilight Princess (if you watched Nintendo's E3 live online through their site) yeah Twilight Princess was "realistic" but when you look at the graphics Twilight Princess has, you can clearly see how almost "washed out" it is and what I mean by that is, it just didn't look as bright as it should of been but it was still a great game. I wonder where is Link's partner, I was hoping to see her as well as one of the users on this thread stated. Link's pants looked abit weird, I mean we're all used to seeing him wear tights now he has baggy pants, it doesn't bother me and it's good that they change his look alittle here and there. As for the way Miyamoto was trying to show everyone how to use the bow in that game, it sounds like something was interfering because once he gained some control it lost control on it's own again, and at first I thought he was using the control stick on the nunchuck too much but when I saw his other hand come up that wasn't the case. I still wished that it would come out this holiday season but maybe they need to polish up the game alittle more and then finalize it and release it to the public. I can't wait for this to come out! [img]http://www.hyrule.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/n_n.gif[/img]

Posted

I wasn't talking about you, GM. Just a few random people popping up and are like "Aw, it's gonna suck. I can tell because I watch it for 10 mins."

Posted

Less than ten

Posted

You got my point though, right?

Posted

Its like the zelda series had a kid with the mario series. Not the best, but not the worst.

Posted

It's a little bit more cel-shaded than Fable II perhaps. I like it. I like what I've seen about the gameplay, and it's something I really want to try for myself. Looks like a lot of fun. :)
They gave us a lengthy demo, too, which was great of them after keeping us in the dark for so long.

Posted

I personally love the way the graphics are going. And to be honest, I think they may have designed that lvl area specifically for the demo. Haha, and the Master Sword looked TOO off. So maybe it was quickly made for it as well.

The reason I think this is because look at the sheer "emptyness" of the lvl or the way everything was in place perfectly for a demo.
No storyline mentions. Most items where available, hmm we will find out. <3'

*btw I'm not "new" I just created the account but I lurk...alot haha.

Posted

I thought it was obvious that it was a demo level. The game would be really boring if that's what the levels were like.

Posted

[quote name='Goron Merchant' date='15 June 2010 - 01:09 PM' timestamp='1276625355' post='308137']
Ha ha. I was watching that too. And honestly, I don't really feel like Miyamoto and Aunoma are a good team. They both have very very different ideas, so we end up with something in between. It seems to me like Aunoma wants to focus on graphics, story, environments, art, all that jazz while Miyamoto cares most about it being fun and accessible. But hey, maybe it's good to be getting a fair mix of both those things. Still, I'd love to see a game that solely Aunoma produces, with Miyamoto completely off the team. It'd be interesting.

As for the trailer, the first one had me a little disappointed, I must admit. Maybe for the ridiculously bright environment or the quirky music. I guess I had my hopes up for something more epic and story/oriented. But after the second trailer that they showed AFTER the demo, I was a lot more confident about the game's direction. I'm excited for new information. And to see new levels. The giant mushroom electric green grassy lands is an interesting place to start, but I want to see darker and more vibrant places with cool weather and lighting effects too.

Eyeball door is absolutely bitchin'. Needs own spin-off franchise.
[/quote]

:o It's Goron Merchant! I haven't seen you in forever, man! Or did I just miss you recently?

Anyway, great trailer, though that live demo really makes the whole motion control setup look trickier than it's worth. As for the graphics, they aren't set in stone by a long shot, so I'll wait to pass judgment on that.

Posted

@Toon Link Addict.
Yeah very true. P: