Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword announced

126 posts in this topic

Posted

I could actually live with part of the game being cel-shade and part of the game being realistic.

Posted

@Abercrombie,

I don't think the game has different graphic styles, but since the graphic style is "impressionistic", it could be that, while the sky world is overly happy and collorfull with kiddy muisic, the land below is overly grey and dark, with dark collors and dark music.

[url="http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/skyward-swords-visuals-impressionistic/"]http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/skyward-swords-visuals-impressionistic/[/url]

Nice day!

Posted

[quote name='alex111' date='17 June 2010 - 02:00 AM' timestamp='1276768813' post='308573']
@Abercrombie,

I don't think the game has different graphic styles, but since the graphic style is "impressionistic", it could be that, while the sky world is overly happy and collorfull with kiddy muisic, the land below is overly grey and dark, with dark collors and dark music.

[url="http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/skyward-swords-visuals-impressionistic/"]http://www.zeldauniv...mpressionistic/[/url]

Nice day!
[/quote]

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]I like that idea![/size][/font]

Posted

I do like the graphics. Maybe they're cel-shaded but inspired by impressionism, or just a different style entirely. As long as it's nice-looking and usuits the game I'm cool with it.

If that whole sky/surface world rumour is correct, that would follow Zelda formula just fine. There's usually a kind of duality to Zelda games (Light/dark world in LttP, Young/Older Link worlds in OoT, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, land and sea in WW, regular and miniature worlds in MC, light/twilight in TP, etc.) Sometimes it's a nearly-similar map where traveling between worlds is essential in moving forward in the game and collecting items.

I'm not too bothered by the lack of news regarding the storyline, tbh. I'm sure the story will at least be decent, and they were probably focusing more on the mechanics and controls of the game so they would be ready for E3. That's what people wanted to see from the game: how would the swordplay work? what kinds of weapons would be used and how would they work? I really hope bomb-bowling will be in the game; it would be as addictive as Bombchu bowling.
I'm not too fussed by the bug. There's a gimmicky item in every Zelda game that you only use for a few key areas. Raft, anyone? Even the most seemingly useless item can get a lot of use if the game design is clever (the gust jar in Minish Cap comes to mind).

Posted

So the graphic style is like Okami (how it all looks like a painting), and the only differences are that it's Zelda and in a different form of art (Okami = woodcut, Zelda = impressionist)?
I like that.

Posted

Okami isn't inspired by woodcut. It's brushwork. Like, that's what half the game is about.

Anyways, does anyone else think Link's running animation is intense and the feature itself is something to look forward to?

Posted

Story wise, as long as it makes sense and isn't a dream, then it'll be good in that department. So far it sounds like it won't be a dream. (Unless when he jumps off he passes out. xD) That would pretty funny though.

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='18 June 2010 - 04:34 AM' timestamp='1276860852' post='308886']
Okami isn't inspired by woodcut. It's brushwork. Like, that's what half the game is about.

Anyways, does anyone else think Link's running animation is intense and the feature itself is something to look forward to?
[/quote]

Oh yeah right it's brushwork. Okami just reminds me of woodcut.

Posted

^ What, like SMB2 US/ Doki Doki Panic? Or Link's Awakening? Never finished either, but it looks like Link's Awakening is more forgivable because, at the end, you knew everything and everyone on the island would fade when you woke up, and that gave the story a kind of bittersweet ending, instead of being left feeling like all your hard work was totally pointless.

Just watched the Iwata interview. I know Miyamoto said that TP would be the last Zelda of its kind, and they're trying to reinvent how Zelda is played without taking out what made it fun in the first place. I think what they meant about TP being too big of a game was that a lot of your time was spent traveling across great distances that ate up your time and didn't serve much other purpose. I just hope the game won't be too short; I want solid gameplay, but for 50$ or so I want at least 20 hours of gameplay on my first playthrough.

Posted

$70 if you include the wii motion plus.

Posted

I'll just buy it alone, got 2 WMP's.
Can't wait. It looks amazing so far, even if it was just a demo.

Posted

Has there been any hint to say whether or not Adelle is the real name of the girl?

Posted

Not yet. And I love the avatar :D

Posted

[quote name='alex111' date='15 June 2010 - 11:24 AM' timestamp='1276626251' post='308141']
Oh boy, I just read that Miyamotto and Aunoma said that Twilight Princess was 'too big'...
Does that mean that this new zelda will be only like 10 hours of playing..?

Jeez man, I think this will be like point the franchise dies...
[/quote]

I think what they meant by 'big' was that TP had too many areas where there was way too much terrain and not enough going on in those areas. I think they are trying to minimize the amount of large fields like the huge one in Eldin province.

Posted

Less travel time is good, one thing I hated about TP.

There should be difficult dungeons like ALTTP, great storyline like OoT, fun/awesome sidequests like MM, and awesome boss battles like TP.(Fighting Morpheel was the most epic battle ever.)