Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Today's Popular Singers

52 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok then. 99% of rap is about sex. Actually I'd rather play WW without medicine than listen to newage music. If you can read this, you have really good eyesight.

Posted

And by newage you mean popular music I guess. There are plenty of good bands that sound like older bands, I'm sure. You just have to look harder for them is all, because nobody nowadays likes your music.

And no, not 99% of rap is about sex. There is a lot of rap not about sex, YLA :/ Like with your music, you just have to look a little harder.

And if you're wondering, I'm not trying to tell you your music taste is wrong. I'm just saying you're wrong with your 'facts'. You made them up yourself because of a few songs you heard.

Posted

YLA just likes to come on Hyrule.net just to poop on everything we enjoy. He even admitted that he's narrow minded. I don't understand why anyone would ever consider listening to him.

Posted

And by newage you mean popular music I guess. There are plenty of good bands that sound like older bands, I'm sure. You just have to look harder for them is all, because nobody nowadays likes your music.

And no, not 99% of rap is about sex. There is a lot of rap not about sex, YLA :/ Like with your music, you just have to look a little harder.

And if you're wondering, I'm not trying to tell you your music taste is wrong. I'm just saying you're wrong with your 'facts'. You made them up yourself because of a few songs you heard.

Well I've yet to find any. (It's not like I'm ever going to find any.)

And PH I said when it comes to music because it's all crap. For example I just listened to I Kissed A Girl. Now I want to go kill something because of how bad it was.

Posted

Well I've yet to find any. (It's not like I'm ever going to find any.)

And PH I said when it comes to music because it's all crap. For example I just listened to I Kissed A Girl. Now I want to go kill something because of how bad it was.

You made a very bad decision listening to that one only tbh.

Kate Nash is my favourite :c She's nice enough in most of her songs. Some are just EXTREME sluttage to the point where it's only enjoyable by laughing at her.

Fine one:

EXTREME SLUTTAGE

Posted

ALL THE SINGLE LADIES, ALL THE SINGLE LADIES. ALL THE SINGLE LADIES, ALL THE SINGLE LADIES.

NOW PUT YOUR HANDS UP

Yea, I was going to mention that :P

Posted

Either way pop is like nothing but slutty women talking about sex. Rap is nothing but men singing about sex.

Rap isn't technically singing, but the definitions of "rap" don't include sex, violence, etc. It's just that rappers tend to talk about sex and violence a lot. Same with pop and sex.

There's a lot of non-unskillful pop. Michael Jackson and the Beatles were pop, and they weren't all sex all the time. One of my favorite bands, Franz Ferdinand, is pop.

Also, I think this song is an example of the Newage genre.

Posted

One of my favorite bands, Franz Ferdinand, is pop.

Alt Rock

Posted

Generalisations are fun!

Posted

Alt Rock

They're somewhere in between pop rock and alt rock.

But they call themselves pop, so I believe it.

Posted

After listening to that Kate Nash you posted, Silves, I'm now sure that I've never heard any of her music before. But I like it. :3 I'm reminded of Regina Spektor. I'm not as "into" music as a lot of people I know are; I don't know a lot of bands, mostly because my favorite kind of music is the orchestrations you find on soundtracks. I don't seek out new musicians very often, but I'm trying to do so now. I'll add Kate Nash to my list, though.

And YLA, if "I Kissed a Girl" was representative of all of today's music, then no one in their right mind would listen to any of it. At all. Clearly this is not the case. And if you refuse to even try out other bands or songs simply out of stubbornness, then it's your loss.

Posted

And so will this

Posted

No. I'm not open minded to music. I can only name like 5 songs for 2000 that I like. I think 5. Maybe less. Either way pop is like nothing but slutty women talking about sex. Rap is nothing but men singing about sex. (I think they're singing. I can't tell if they're saying anything. I've yet to find one rap song that I can understand.)

You've gone and said that you can only name five songs from the past decade you enjoy, and you said that you've only listened to two genres. What is this? You looked at two measly genres, both of which are rarely done right and are filled with MTV trying to be cool. You could at least try to look into the other places. If you want, we can compose a list of songs and artists you should check out.

Okay, well, Now I'm going to post some rap from one of my hero's again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlljovD_7Sc

This is an example of Early rap. Before it became what we know it as today.

And Below is an example of the same artist, revisiting rap some thirty years later in the modern sense.

Its a song about Nostalgia. He's collaborating with some young new guy, a modern guy who isn't writing about sex.

They're somewhere in between pop rock and alt rock.

But they call themselves pop, so I believe it.

Labels, amirite?

After listening to that Kate Nash you posted, Silves, I'm now sure that I've never heard any of her music before. But I like it. :3 I'm reminded of Regina Spektor.

Gael, are you familiar with the strokes?

Posted

And so will this

Hehe, that's actually one of the Lady Gaga songs that I dislike. That, Pokerface, and Paparazzi.

Gael, are you familiar with the strokes?

No, can't say I am.