Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Today's Popular Singers

52 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm really starting to think that the recording industry, and us as listeners, need to raise our standards. It seems like it's taking less and less singing ability to become famous anymore. Most of the popular music on the radio sounds exactly the same; which is unfortunate for me, because that's what my sister always wants to listen to when we're going somewhere. Too bad the car doesn't have an audio jack for my mp3 player....

But anyway, my opinion is that Lady Gaga has a great voice (though she doesn't seem to be using it to the best of her abilities), and I love her sense of style, but I only like a few of her songs. Taylor Swift has a good voice too, but she always sings about the same boring, fluffy, worn-out subject: young love. And I like the sound of Beyonce's voice, but she has yet to sing a song that I like. Oh, and Kelly Clarkson's got talent, and her songs are okay. But nothing special; just okay.

Posted

I like what I've heard from Lady Gaga. Her songs are nearly as creative as her wardrobe.

Posted

I think Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Taylor Swift and Kelly Clarkson certainly have talent.

The rest of 'em are completely lame.

I like a bit of Gaga's stuff, have heard a lot of Beyonce songs I liked, have Clarkson's old awesome Breakaway CD (unfortunately collecting dust in my bedroom) and I've heard one or two Swift songs that have been just ok. I find her image to be a little too sweet and innocent, but she's better than other celebrities.

I'm surprised the Biebs isn't in this poll. XD He's popular as anything, but he also has a fairly big hate base. xD

Posted

Voted for Ke$ha and Lady GaGa. The rest I haven't heard much from or heard them at all.

Posted

I think your list has way too many vaginae on it. Also, you only pulled people from mainstream. So yeah, you're not going to find a lot of talent there. Lady Gaga is alright but over played. Aside from her, theres very little talent on that list. Why did you even bother adding Miley? She doesn't even bother writing her own songs, and the only one I'm aware of that she's actually written, party in the USA, is shit.

Posted

Popular music is a lot more accessible and takes less talent, honestly, because of all the technological equipment we can use.

That's why I like something like AC/DC. What they do takes musical talent, and stage talent. And they pull it off well IMO.

And I like Lady GaGa because she takes stuff is creative about it. All the tech she uses isn't just for boosting sound quality. It's to make her stuff unique, and creative. She's probably the best with all the stuff we've got today, because she's so damn artistic with it.

I think Bieber has such a huge hate base because a lot of people see his shit and think it takes no talent. That all he's got is hair and a tenor voice. And really, IMO, that's all he actually has. I think most of the people who hate on Bieber listen to the same stuff I do, like classic rock, hard rock, metal, that sort of thing. This is because every time I go onto a song of those genres on youtube, hate on Bieber floooods the comments. It's pretty much the vast majority of what I see in there.

When you go into rock you typically have to have either vocal talent, guitar talent, or drums talent. Even more so, no matter what you play('cept drums of course), you need actual stage talent.

So, that's pretty much why I think people bag on pop music, because they think it takes no talent. And in a lot of cases, it really doesn't. Just look at Miley.

Idk, that's my two cents.

Posted

None.

Posted

What is this? Pick your favorite woman singer?

If so, you forgot Justin Bieber.

Posted

Oh? Why do you care so much about Justin Bieber being on the list, Chase?

Posted

Still surprised I'm the only one who voted Ke$ha. She's my favourite one up there :/

Tik Tok is so funnn

Posted

I don't listen to music much, but from what I've heard, Ke$ha, Lady Gaga and Kelly Clarkson are all good :]

Posted

I'm surprised the Biebs isn't in this poll. XD He's popular as anything, but he also has a fairly big hate base. xD

Like Gael and I smile.gif Hi-five, Gael!

lol, no one's voted for Miley Cyrus >.< To be honest, I don't even listen to those peoples' songs much anymore, I'm just not into them.

Posted

I only know Miley Cyrus and she is terrible and Lady Gaga who is also terrible. I don't even know who the rest of those people are besides Kesha, but I've never listened to one of her songs.

Posted

:0 You don't know Beyonce?!?! Omigosh!! "imma let you finish, but beyonce had the..." yeah, I don't know the rest but that was on the news for sooo long (the look on her face :) ). You must have heard beyonce at some time? And she's in pink panther :D

Posted

Oh. Ok I've heard of her, but I've never heard any of her music.