Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

GMP's positive attitude on genocide.

129 posts in this topic

Posted

Lark, GMP is guilty of generalization, as are others in this thread....

You see, when GMP says "democrats" he means that part of their voter base that are lifetime welfare rtecipients who drive to the welfare line in their escalades while talking on their iphone, yet can't afford to eat or take care of their children properly. Which is generally the part of their voter base the politicians try to cater to.

Posted

What study would that be? Seems rather like a newspaper poll considering the low numbers polled.

I was feeling unmotivated to cite the thing due to wanting to do other things than argue on the internet.

Christians are not expected to follow the bible by the letter, especially in modern times, when much of it is archaic. Humans sin, it is human nature, and even horrible Christianity gives a path for forgiveness of that sin. It is entirely possible to be a functioning, moral person in society and be religious. I can say what the government should be doing and totally leave any religious belief out of it.

What part of this did I not already know?

Christianity is not the only religion to have atrocities committed in it's name, it is sad, but do not condemn followers blindly because of something a misguided pope did a few hundred years ago, and realize that the crusades were done in the name of the Catholic pope, there are plenty of protestant sects that had no part in them. This is no different then people protesting Islam because of the current atrocities being committed in the name of Allah, and you are once again lowering yourself to GMP's level.

I don't know where you get off misunderstanding my statements and telling me I've sunken to some level.

I outlined Christianity specifically because the US is influenced by it, and Jo Bengt often gets offended when people bring up the subject negatively. My point was that religion spawns misguided people.

I know full well that other religions and organizations commit atrocities. I'm not condemning all followers blindly, and in fact, I'm not condemning followers. I am defining Christians by someone who actually follows the Bible and isn't just a manipulated pawn in some dictator's game. I said the atrocities were committed in the name of Christ, not by Christians. The people I'm condemning are those war mongers, and in the paragraph you are responding to, I touched on how the people that warred in the name of Christ are probably the only reason it's so prevalent today. I am saying that our current establishment of Christianity is based largely on murder, lies, and persecution. I view current Islamic attempts at hostile takeover on the same level as the Crusades.

Because rich whites are never Jewish, Deist, follow the Kaballah religion, Atheist, or anything else. Poor generalization. Look at celebrities and how many are outspoken for the left.

I'm fully aware that rich whites can be other things, and as I typed that, I thought about all my white atheist friends, and my one white Muslim friend.

Are you implying the celebrities that are outspoken for the left don't follow a religion?

Don't really know what 50's you are talking about, there was plenty of drinking and sex going on. Keep in mind, the economy was better in the 50's, and these activities decline in times of economic flourish. Hard times bring out more alcohol and sex.

You just said hard times bring out more alcohol and sex, but also said the 50's were a time of economic prosperity but were full of alcohol and sex.

I know alcohol and sex just happens a lot in general, I'm saying that it was around this time that they were getting to be unclassy again, what with the suburban family being established.

Of course no generation is perfect, and this has happened for generations, in every country. If you think all of that is solely a Christian thing then you may want to research into other countries. You know there were places that even professing homosexuality would get the government after you.

I'm not saying it's a Christian thing. I'm saying that this is where we get our current conservative tradition from, and it includes being Christian.

Yeah, tradition is present, but you are confused as to the difference between Christian Conservatism and one of the many other types of conservatism, like say, constiutionalism.

Everything else you just said

The charts were generalizations towards the more extreme side of the spectrum. Why would I include all moderates in there if moderates are the highest group? I can't generalize that many people.

I'm saying left wing extremists do tend to want to control the whole government, and I sort of imagine right wing extremists as not so much. Left wing extremists try really hard to get people to not be impoverished, but tend to not get anywhere with it, right wing extremists say screw them, it's survival of the fittest.

Also, devolving or not is a matter of opinion. We're delving into GMP's mechanisms, here, since he's the most talkative right wing conservative.

By the way, all the stuff you said was mostly tl;dr, no offense. From skimming, I can see most of the right wing archetype I've come into contact with over the years, my left knee is aching for some reason, and I'm tired.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I'm just gonna number these for brevity, in response to your responses in quotes.

1)Not citing is a pet peeve of mine when talking about specific numbers and polls.

2)I don't know what you do or do not know, I am working off what you are giving me in one response in one thread.

3)The U.S. is influenced by every religion, as for influence on our founders, the colonists were puritan, yes, but as for our founding fathers, most were deist and wanted religion to not be an influence on our law.

4)I would not say that celebrities outspoken for the left don't follow a religion, any more than I would say someone from the far left side of the spectrum doesn't follow a religion, simply that being rich does not mean that someone is greedy or immoral or right wing, or white, or christian. It simply means that they have found a way to make or keep money, with limited exception(heirs/heiresses, so on.)

5) Yes, I said both, and both are true, just because it was a time of economic prosperity doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it was still there, and was still common. We just didn't have the babies out of wedlock or babies that couldn't be cared for that you see come during times of economic hardship. However, part if this is solely because in the fifties, if you got a girl pregnant, it was hidden till you got married in many of those white suburban families.

6) You make it seem that Christianity is the basis of all bad things in this country. May not be what you're going for, but it's how it comes.

7) I'm not saying anything other than that, it seems to me that you gravitate more to the far left, and that anything that remotely goes right, you seem to hate. Kinda like in the other thread you saying that the right are just "not people persons"...well, let's just look at the whole quote.

Because they aren't people-persons.

Right wing folk tend to be generalizers, which is funny since I'm generalizing them.

But yeah, they tend to not take a second thought for anyone who doesn't fit in with their "right" way, even if it's completely ignorant and selfish.

Leastways, that's all I've been seeing from them.

You see, this is what bugs me. This is what you have been doing too, I mean, admitting that you didn't read what I wrote but then saying that you say most of the "right wing archetype"? That's a pretty good generalization without a second thought there. If you were to actually become familiar with my political ideas, you would see that while I am against a lot of our federal programs, I am not what you could consider right wing.

And on a final note, as for the left trying "really hard to get people to not be impoverished, but tend to not get anywhere with it", is because they aren't really trying to help at all.

ETA: This outlines the only things opur federal government should be doing. http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

Posted

Did someone change my silly, poorly slapped together stereotype chart or something? I never said that the left wing less hypocritical than the right wing.

In fact, a lot of jokes in my region say things like, "you know you're a liberal if you support green energy but don't want windmills blocking your view"

Or talk about flying in a private jet to DC to plant a tree.

One actual example of hypocrisy in the left wing is how Obama said he would get us out of the Middle East during his campaign, yet now he wants to take the fight to it. (He might be doing this to soften up the enemy so we can pull out more easily, but that remains to be seen.)

I honestly don't see that much example of hypocrisy in the right wing, but I don't really get around that much when it comes to actually examining them. However, I thought they were a bunch of puppying pussies when they wanted to compromise with the democrats after taking shit over in the November elections.

That's like decking someone in the face and then trying to agree to their terms. The puppy?

I really don't like any politicians, democrat or republican. I have to actually see a politician do something good and lasting before they have my respect.

However, I am more conservative, and my opinions actually do line up with Skippy's a lot of the time. I'm all for diversity in media, religion, race, etc. etc. I just don't think people should get constant handouts.

I sympathize some of the poor and respect some of the rich. That sympathy is lost when the poor start taking advantage of government care, and stay where they are because they won't get a job, pursue education, keep buying drugs or all of the above.

Shit, even if I were poor, I'd finish high school to get my degree, and let that carry me into military ROTC so I could go through college.

And my respect for the rich is lost when they turn to ruthless pigs and hypocrites. A lot of them already were ruthless pigs and hypocrites. That's what we like to call politicians around here. Sometimes I just hate them for having loads more money than me though -_-

But yeah Urban II pisses me off. The whole medieval Catholic organization pisses me off.

Posted

3)The U.S. is influenced by every religion, as for influence on our founders, the colonists were puritan, yes, but as for our founding fathers, most were deist and wanted religion to not be an influence on our law.

6) You make it seem that Christianity is the basis of all bad things in this country. May not be what you're going for, but it's how it comes.

7) I'm not saying anything other than that, it seems to me that you gravitate more to the far left, and that anything that remotely goes right, you seem to hate. Kinda like in the other thread you saying that the right are just "not people persons"...well, let's just look at the whole quote.

You see, this is what bugs me. This is what you have been doing too, I mean, admitting that you didn't read what I wrote but then saying that you say most of the "right wing archetype"? That's a pretty good generalization without a second thought there. If you were to actually become familiar with my political ideas, you would see that while I am against a lot of our federal programs, I am not what you could consider right wing.

Yeah, I don't want the government to have anything to do with religion. Religion's a tricky thing for me. I think it's cool that people have spent the time and effort to try to guide people in a positive direction (even if it's a positive direction exclusively for the religion) and that I don't have a problem with peoples' religions, I think we'd be much better off without it. Faith based systems are just that: faith based. There is no proof or procedure, you just expect it to work. If we all just learned to get along and work things out without the biases of things we can't prove, maybe things would get better. It's probably the idealist in me speaking.

But no, I have no problem with religion. I just have problems with its utilization, occasionally, but that goes for a lot of things.

I see the root of all bad things in this country as a lot of things, like manifest destiny and superiority complexes and money and media culture that promotes doing bad things. Most of all, it's just people being people. Which is why I can't really be angry about it.

I am aware I'm generalizing, but the discussion required it. We're talking about extremists, right? Extremists are grouped by what they believe in. They are inherently pregeneralized. Right wing extremists gravitate towards less rights, whereas left wing extremists want to grant more. As for my right wing archetype comment, as I said, I'm tiring of this pretty quickly. I would rather pick this up when I'm better mentally involved and thinking more straight.

As for the bickering between sides, I agree. I really don't care about these labels. I would rather we all just get along and figure things out together without letting biases get in the way. I think a singular solution probably exists for every matter, but the human condition just obscures and hides it away.

Posted

...But you're the one who brought the whole right wing extremist label into light.

Or was that GMP? -_-

Posted

...But you're the one who brought the whole right wing extremist label into light.

Or was that GMP? -_-

I don't even remember how this started.

Also, I was in kindergarten in '98, I think.

It was a good year. A memory almost entirely in technicolor and a hint of sepia tone.

Posted

Started with a third party stating that they don't understand people with right wing views.

And I'd like to thank everyone in this thread for making me feel old for starting kindergarten in 1994.

Posted

I was in third grade when Bush (W) was first elected. That was 2000, right? So yea, I guess I started in 1997, right?

Posted

You always see them helping blacks and Hispanics, but you never hear about Asians.

I thought I would comment on this, though I don't know if anyone has replied to it, as I went to reply as soon as I saw it. Asians don't really need help. In fact, on average, Asians are making more money per household than white people.

1994: Born, ect.

For the love of jesus christ, its "Etc." as in, "et cetera."

Posted

No it's ect in ec setera

is there something wrong with your brain

Posted

You cannot puppying belive how mad this statement made me.

I can't really belive anything, actually.

Posted

1998: Start preschool.

1999: Preschool ends. Some dumbass social worker there suggests beginergarten. My mom pretty much tells him to puppy off.

1999: Start kindergarten.

2000: Start first grade. Teacher is a sexist bitch who hates all men.

2003: Bully issues, plus I have like 2 friends. This will continue until abut 06/07.

2004: Parents seperate. Financial situation goes down the hole. I now grow up with no father figure from here on out.

2005: Parent's divorce finalized. We have to sell the house, and my dad got a bunch of the furniture, so we had to buy new stuff.

2007: Bullies in JR high, but I start gaining more friends. I start working out.

2008: Recession hits. Hard. (Michigan) My brother seems to have no responsability around the house anymore. I start getting punished for puppying stupid things like not reminding him to do his chores.

2009: This was just a horrible, and miserable year altogether.

2010: Start gaining more friends. A bit overweight, but thick built, and ugly as puppy like always. Still boring. I have no money, and stuff keeps going to hell around the house. I can't find a job, but all of my friends have jobs, so they are always busy.

Let's complain about my life because it's important and that's why I want to kill a whole country because my life sucks.

Grandmaster Phoenix confirmed for descendant of the great Fuhrer himself.

I don't think many people had an awesome childhood. I grew up (and am still growing, as I am barely an adult) with few friends and a learning disability.

Also, lol autism.

Posted

Let's complain about my life because it's important and that's why I want to kill a whole country because my life sucks.

Grandmaster Phoenix confirmed for descendant of the great Fuhrer himself.

Heil Lord GrandFührer Phoenix!

Posted

You puppying cunt. You cannot puppying belive how mad this statement made me.

I come from a lower middle class family. (READ: NOT RICH) However, I belive in this thing called WORK ETHIC. Being a democrat, you would not unerstand this concept naturally, so I will explain it in terms someone as puppying stupid as you could understand: Work ethic is the want to work and earn money to support yourself and your family. Its also known as not taking handouts. I'll tell you about my life, so you can see that according to what I go through, I should be a puppying communist.

1998: Start preschool.

1999: Preschool ends. Some dumbass social worker there suggests beginergarten. My mom pretty much tells him to puppy off.

1999: Start kindergarten.

2000: Start first grade. Teacher is a sexist bitch who hates all men.

2003: Bully issues, plus I have like 2 friends. This will continue until abut 06/07.

2004: Parents seperate. Financial situation goes down the hole. I now grow up with no father figure from here on out.

2005: Parent's divorce finalized. We have to sell the house, and my dad got a bunch of the furniture, so we had to buy new stuff.

2007: Bullies in JR high, but I start gaining more friends. I start working out.

2008: Recession hits. Hard. (Michigan) My brother seems to have no responsability around the house anymore. I start getting punished for puppying stupid things like not reminding him to do his chores.

2009: This was just a horrible, and miserable year altogether.

2010: Start gaining more friends. A bit overweight, but thick built, and ugly as puppy like always. Still boring. I have no money, and stuff keeps going to hell around the house. I can't find a job, but all of my friends have jobs, so they are always busy.

These are some of the shittiest reasons you could ever have to say things like this. So your parents got divorced. So your finances got hit with troubles. So you got bullied. You know something? The divorce rate is 50% of marriages in America. 50%. One in two. You know what that means? Half the people you know, and half the people on this site, have had their parents get divorced. Bullies? You think you're the only one on this site who's gotten bullied? The only one on the internet who understand the pain of someone (god forbid) picking on you? Financial troubles? Its a recession. Go figure. You know something? Everyone on this website has had to deal with at least one of these so far in their lives. And if it wasn't one of these, then it was something else. Skippy had to put off marrying his fiance for a year so he could get his degree, staying in communication with her via a long distance relationship. Lark had to learn that he could be gay and religious at the same time. Kaffles was kicked out of her house for a while because she wanted to be an artist instead of an engineer. Sahaqiel's brother, and my friend, was shot and killed. All of this was very recent, and as bad, if not worse, than your parents separating. And you know something else? None of us have decided to say "FML" and declare jihad on North Korea. You know why?

Because we learned to deal with it.

Deciding to react to felonies as violently as you think we should because life isn't what they told you what it would be in Preschool is a bullshit reason to do it. You don't go around claiming you're right and everyone else is wrong because you don't get along with your brother. Making posts saying your parents getting a divorce is the worst thing a kid could ever go through is the mark of a sincerely and alarmingly sheltered childhood. Cascade is looking tougher than you right now.