Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

That sort of stuff doesn't make me have to pause episodes.

NHK

Episode 20 when Yamazaki shows Nanako all his hentai and general otaku sort of shit in his room. So much pausing as she was led into the room.

I'm fine with watching embarrassing in the blushy glittery eyes kind of way that's meant to be cute. But not embarrassing in the horrible soul destroying kind of way.

I should try and make a compilation of all the times the girls tighten their grips around their love interest for ~subtlety~. I doubt I'd manage to get them all though.

Posted

Also just because I wanted to gif it,

rrcEs.gif

Found out what was wrong with the saturation. Beforehand I was taking all my screens and they were a little dimmer than they were in VLC. Fixed that and made this, which would have been much less bright and stuff if I hadn't figured it out. I must have changed the setting accidentally a while ago.

Posted

ty teto (:

Also yeah, I'm pretty sure I paused during that too.

NHK

Then he outright rejects her. Like, what. That was a sparkling opportunity beyond his wildest dreams, and then he decides to be dumb.

ALL THE CHARACTERS DECIDE TO BE DUMB.

Posted

urgh, i really wanna learn how to make gifs right :<

watching infinite stratos now, its so goddamn pretty, but the suits arent as nice as i thought theyd be. i think they added feet onto the one, which made me sad. and it also made the main character look really freakishly disproportionate. yes, a machine would add something to his limbs, but not that much :<

loving the dynamic between him and his childhood friend to death.

urgh, i seem to be getting into harem series lately. korezon, freezing, IS.....worst part, im loving them all. feeling a bit like a douche for that.

Posted

If you see me on Skype later I can see if I can help you with gif making if you want.

I started watching Utena just now. It's okay, hopefully it'll get good enough that I can overlook the style. Going to watch Steins;Gate as well, downloading both of them. Left Steins;Gate too long, with other things catching my interest in its place.

I downloaded Summer Days with Coo as well, which I'll watch sometime.

And I bought Ocean Waves and The Tatami Galaxy on DVD. I think I'll scan the back and front covers of the box for The Tatami Galaxy at some point. It's very very nicely packaged. It's the sort of thing where the cover is made of some thick board material thing, and then plastic is stuck on the inside for the DVDs, rather than just a plain plastic case as with most things. I make it sound sort of lame but I don't know what kind of case you'd call it.

Looked it up, it's a digipak. I always thought didipak was something else, hmm. Oh well, now I know <:

tumblr_m4y412fwwR1qdek7mo1_1280.png

Posted

It seems like everything about Tatami Galaxy is beautiful. (:

Posted

Except the spelling of 'peak' in the description, which was printed on a piece of paper covering the back. I'll probably scan that too since it's quite good looking as well.

Also pointing this part out as my favourite piece of the artwork

s3XPz.png

Full resolution: 2348x1511

And what is his pinky meant to be tied to in that part anyway?

Posted

I guess it's from the scene where he's falling and he cuts the thread tying him to Watashi actually.

Posted

japan and its strings of fate being tied to pinkies.

reminds me of a manga i read, where a chick saw the thread of fate on her hand, and since it wasnt attached to the boy she liked, she cut her hand off.

the gif thing would be awesome, though fyi i dont have photoshop.

Posted

Yeah, Ozu tends to mention that Watashi and him are tied by the "black string of fate". Whereas a red string of fate would mean they're destined to be lovers, black would imply that they are doomed to have awful scenarios together.

Also, Chimetals, what.

Posted

japan and its strings of fate being tied to pinkies.

reminds me of a manga i read, where a chick saw the thread of fate on her hand, and since it wasnt attached to the boy she liked, she cut her hand off.

the gif thing would be awesome, though fyi i dont have photoshop.

I can help you with as much as getting the screens, but as for putting them into a gif and editing them all, I can't really help you with that if you don't have photoshop, since I use it for my own ones. CS2 imageready to be specific, though not because it's the best or anything, I just happened to have it already when I started out.

Also how could I forget about the black thread of fate sigh

Posted

and then the girl replaced her hand with a gun and periodically navigated dangerous mazes to defeat the mechanical experts made by the nefarious professor william

Posted

Chimetals, you can just torrent imageready, I did, it works fine.

Posted

Also maybe worth noting that the DVD opening with warning and credit-like things for The Tatami Galaxy are great. The warning and bee logo appear over the OP sequence with the OP music playing, which flows brilliantly into the menu. Best DVDs.

Posted

I've been reading the Berserk manga, and it's pretty good. It's way darker/more suggestive than the anime, though. I wanted to make this post here because I figured it would apply to those of you who watched the anime, but I'll spoiler it because I'm pretty sure you all don't want to read it.

Remember in the anime, when Guts is standing outside a fortress being held back by his men, and he's trying to go fight Nosferatu Zodd? And then this guy comes out of the castle and he's bleeding from the head and a couple other places and dies? If you forgot, or you haven't seen berserk(and you should), here's the scene five minutes in:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGUqrIOmuxU

Well, in the manga, he's just straight up missing the right half of his body. And a piece of his skull.

cJxCO.jpg

It's just darker than the anime was. Not in such a "trying too hard" way, it just sets the mood a little better. Like below, from the scene when Griffith asks Guts to kill the King's brother, which he is HILARIOUSLY bad at.

rBuCY.jpg

It's the Kama Sutra. I lol'd

But more importantly, look at Griffith's face when he shows it to Guts and lets him borrow it. In the anime any kind of relation between guts and griffith is usually jokingly hinted at, but in the manga, stuff like this has the message bearing down on you that Griffith is really really gay for Guts. Really, really, a lot gay.

Also, the art is astonishingly well done, especially when you remember that this entire thing is only done by one dude.

bldOC.jpg

DY8gc.jpg

kBuyE.png

UWEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE

Edit: By pure coincidence the first Berserk movie was up for download like an hour after I posted this. Here's a link if you're interested, but it's a compilation movie, so don't watch it unless you've seen the anime. You might also want to read the manga. Maybe. I recommend that.