Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Just watched episode 1 of JoJo's bizarre adventure.

Apparently JoJo and Dio were 12 for the entire duration of the episode.

What.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

On the plus side, they barely look human when they grow up, so maybe it's just the way their world works.

K seems to be coming together at least a little bit with episode 11. I mean yeah, it's still pretty bad, but at least something actually happened.

Posted

Just finished episode 6 of PSYCHO-PASS. I noticed something in it though. The art club room looks EXACTLY the same as the club room in Chuunibyou.

Posted

Typical classroom layout in school anime though, that's just how they pretty much always look.

Posted

Yes, the first episode is the worst of all 11 in how fast the text bombards you. After that, the dialogue starts slowing down as you get through each episode. Don't worry, I also stopped watching it because of how fast the dialogue was, although I got through the first episode.

The show is completely worth watching, though. As Shaq would tell you, it's one of few or maybe the only anime that he would recommend to someone to learn something from. An actual lesson of sorts. It even does so in high quality art and clever dialogue.

But yeah, the first episode is crazy.

Posted

the only time i was able to read all the text of episode 1/understand it was when my club showed it. in other words, i had already seen the show once.

it slows down, no worries.

Posted

I've watched five episodes of JoJo's Bizarre adventure. It's entertaining, but it's also pretty stupid. They speak entire paragraphs between punches, and throw out non sequitor logic behind their actions to solve a problem that somehow works because its cooler, and it has a bunch of weird unexplained shit (How did the italian get back on the boat after everyone died???), action scenes are just "what, how?" and so on and so forth. I'm gonna keep watching though.

Posted

Yeah it's kind of dumb but you're really not supposed to take that seriously at all. Also, the second arc, Battle Tendency, with Joseph Joestar is working out to be a lot better than the first for me. I think Joseph is just a lot cooler than Jonathan was, and the fact it's a bit more modern and set in New York (for the first bit).

The music seems a little bit cooler too.

Posted

They're only adapting the first one though, right?

Posted

As in the first JoJo story with Jonathan and Dio in the 19th century setting? Evidently not, judging by episodes 10 and 11 where we've moved to Jonathan's grandson, Joseph.

Posted

THEY ARE BROS AND THEY ARE GOING TO SPACE OH MY GOD

Posted

What anime in the Winter 2012/13 season will you be watching? I think I'll just watch Tamako Market and obviously the shows from this season that will continue.

Posted

I've not bothered looking them up yet I'll wait until they're out.

Posted

With the pace and circumstances of the last episode of Btooom!, a second season kept seeming more and more likely. It was probably said elsewhere as an announcement but just watching it it seemed like it'd be horribly rushed and incomplete if it ended with still so many people on the island and so much left to do before the show could properly end. I suppose the lyric in the op "the game has only just begun" might have been a hint.

I guess I lied, I went and looked up a chart for stuff showing next season. So far I'm only sure I'll give this one a try:

6lLtO.png

Mostly just because it's by SHAFT

Posted

Watching Akagi, on episode 8 right now.

After I watch this Teto we should work on starting Michiko to Hatchin