Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

reminds me that i need to watch btooom! ffffffffff

worst part about no power: i couldnt watch psycho pass. must. rectify.

Posted

Looking around, Btooom! will probably be a while before season 2 shows up. By episode 12 it's covered the first 50 chapters of the manga, and there are actually only 51 chapters released so far. So season 2 will be very far off.

Posted

watched the latest psycho pass

gotta say, the way they played up the tension with the navigators voice was just exquisite. id have to double check, but im p sure makishima's psypass kept dropping during the scene (i know it dropped, its just a question of whether or not it was consistent). something halfway between adding salt in the wound, as well as confirming that for whatever reason, his body sees his actions as right, and thus the number dropped to 0 the moment before he made good on his word.

and of course, the inevitable kougami trying to be every shounen hero ever. no, kougami, the last time i checked, your name wasnt haru glory--you dont have the ability to magically get up at every critical time. sit the puppy back down.

on a side note, despite akane's obvious attitude and the sort of way youre supposed to see the inspector/latent criminal relations ("but theyre humannnnnnnn its not faaaaaaairrrrrrrrr") i keep seeing them as the hunting dogs they were called in the early episodes. seriously, when kagarin takes three steps into a room and calls whatever happened there with freakish accuracy and no detective training or deductions, its hard to argue that hes "just some poor sap with a high crime coefficient as a kid". im like 99% sure that guy would have been one hell of a serial killer, no pity there :/

Posted

So far I'm planning on watching Tamako Market, the Shaft anime whose name I can't remember, Nekomonogatari (if that counts, since it isn't really a full-length series), and Kotoura-san.

Posted

I really need to establish an anime watching schedule or something. I always let the episodes build up then come back 3 weeks later with 3 episodes I need to watch from each series. To make it worse, I almost always forget what had happened previously. This is especially the case now with PSYCHO-PASS, where I actually have about 5 episodes to catch up on now and I don't remember anything.

Posted

I don't organise it very well either. I just catch up on a bunch of episodes at once whenever I feel like it. It was at the point a while ago where I had to catch up on 24 episodes. Though considering I'm watching like 14 shows, that's just two weeks' worth of negligence.

I've got these to watch, some of them might not be subbed yet:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure episode 12, 

K episode 12

Little Busters! episode 11

Magi episode 11

Robotics;Notes episodes 10 & 11

Shinsekai Yori episodes 12 & 13

Sukitte Ii na yo. episode 10 & 11

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun episode 12

Kyousogiga episode 5

Posted

teto i finished akagi so we can start Michiko whenever. We could do it now or some time after christmas

Posted

Okay. I've decided fall 2012 was my binge season, and I've experienced that mess, so not again. Next season I'll not watch so much, and maybe just watch some of the 12 episode shows from the season one at a time, since you could watch one in a night. Changing tactics, and hopefully it'll be more manageable.

I'm probably just saying this now because I've been awake 19 hours and only slept 5 last night, and I started Michiko to Hatchin with t1g earlier (it's swag as heck), and watched an arc of One Piece, and then finished Sword Art Online. But even if it is just because I'm tired, it's still a good idea to not watch so much all at once. The ~20 episode series that continue after the new year will give me plenty to watch week by week.

But yeah, past the Sanji introduction arc of One Piece now, and into the 30s. All I have to do is watch that much another 19 times and I'll be caught up. In a way, thinking of it in that way is almost encouraging. I think the scale of this show is mostly what drew me to it in the first place. So bragging rights is part of the deal for me.

Posted

Corpse Party

oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd

aethix, you seriously give me the best updates to everything good in this world.

Posted

teto we should watch more michiko today

Posted

Is it bad if I'm looking forward most to Tamako Market over any other new anime next season? I haven't watched concentrated moe since K-On!

KyoAniiiiiiiiiiiii *shakes fist*

Posted

This is an adorable independently made anime short and everybody should watch it:

Posted

I am trying to watch Joshiraku but It is really unappealing to me after one episode. I figured something willing to make the "this anime is full of ordinary dialogue so the viewers can enjoy how cute the girls are" self aware kind of joke would be able to throw togetehr some sort of beautiful self parody.

and then the first episode is full of ordinary dialogue so i can enjoy how cute the girls are.

groan

If i pretend that the entire show is just set up for the black haired girl to be funny then its not so bad

Posted

Joshiraku wasn't laugh-out-loud level funny, but I enjoyed it. It has the same sort of appeal to me as My Neighbors the Yamadas does. Man I actually really want to watch My Neighbors the Yamadas now that I've mentioned it.

In other news I'm still surprised by how thin One Piece is spread, yet it's still easy to watch. So slow paced, but it doesn't drag on, because it still has something to fill in the time. I'm onto episode 50 and the story's barely begun, and already it's about surpass Eureka Seven as the most episodes I've watched of a single series. It's like, with a lot of other shows I like to spend some time after the episode processing all that's going on, so that I can actually get the most out of it, until I'm satisfied and then I watch the next episode or two. One Piece is so spread out, meticulous, and simple, that I don't really have to break between episodes to let it sink in. So watching so many episodes is surprisingly easy.