Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Thought you might have. Didn't know there was a PV though, I'd just read that it was planned to animate the second season.

Posted

So I watched Akira last night.

Is it safe to assume the guy who did DBZ was a fan of this movie?

Posted

I think it's safe to assume 99.9% of people who make anything to do with anime or animation are fans of Akira.

Posted

Yeah, it was really good. I'm glad I watched it.

Posted

I got caught up with Girls und Panzer because people kept telling me it was good, and it was actually a pleasant surprise. We still have the insufferably nice moeblob characters, but then you add Tank Battles and schools on aircraft carriers and suddenly you have something really entertaining

The tank battles are by far the best reason to watch the show because they are really well done

also the russians

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2SJjnyTojo

also why do my youtube embeds no longer work. did the tag i have to use change or something

Posted

So I don't want to watch it because it looks stupid, but it also looks stupid in a way that panders to my tastes so I don't know what to do.

Posted

So I don't want to watch it because it looks stupid, but it also looks stupid in a way that panders to my tastes so I don't know what to do.

More like panzers to your tastes. Anyways like T1G said it's surprisingly enjoyable; I would also recommend it.

Chimetals likes this

Posted

the tank battles are really well choreographed

Posted

This was actually kind of funny

Posted

I kind of want to watch Girls und Panzer now that you're going on about it. But I'm already watching Accel World, Michiko to Hatchin (with t1g), Monster, and One Piece.

With focus mostly back on One Piece, after a little break for the past week after finishing the first saga, in order to watch something else for a change and catch up on airing shows. I'm onto episode 79 now, just after the Little Garden arc. Not long off Tony Tony Chopper's first episode now \:3/

Posted

So I watched Akira last night.

Is it safe to assume the guy who did DBZ was a fan of this movie?

Just NOW watched it? Gosh

lol Akira is a fan of the movie "Akira."  But if you are suggesting that DB was inspired by Akira... I mean maybe? The Original DB started in 1984, but the movie Akira wasnt released until 88.

But I did read that the author of Naruto was inspired to draw after seeing the Akira poster at his local movie theater. Just the poster.

Posted

Watched the result announcement episode of Space Brothers again just to relive that high.

It's also a little funnier now that I know that the voice of Sanji from One Piece is Mutta, and Luffy is Mutta's mother. So hearing their voices and being able to vaguely link them to the other character is really neat. Sanji/Mutta more easily, since the actress for Luffy/Mama Nanba girls up her voice for Mama Nanba.

Posted

watched the first episode of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

0ZWOJ.gif
mbiT8.gif

There is a 60-40 chance of it being Spice and Wolf vs being Queen's Blade

Knuckle and Chimetals like this

Posted

i cannot stop laughing, t1g, i just cant stop. those gifs. just.