Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai was dumb

but it was such a unique kind of dumb that I actually need to watch another episode to decide how to label this brand of dumb

Posted

I just finished the first episode of Sasami. It was a bit odd. If I wasn't already aware it was Shaft then I'd probably have been surprised. It might end up just being really bad, but we'll see.

Tamako Markey seems like it'll be just a nice cute show to follow.

Might watch the first episode of Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman as well for some reason? Tomorrow. But now I'm tired so n o

Posted

We also watched some anime about a magical library girl that had a long name that I dont remember

dandalion no shouta

dantalion no shouka. but you cant unsee now, can you?

i saw that, it was p good. i love how that chick says "huey". ive noticed a strange number of longhair girls in sayus anime. hellgirl, kamisama no memochou....she attracts them like small children to a candy store.

Posted

Speaking of magical library girls I should finish Read or Die.

Posted (edited)

BAM. Like a bad itch, I return with internet capabilities beyond my cellular device. FLEE MORTALS, FLEEEEEEEEE.

A anyways yeah, I'm to about chapter 25 in berserk. I know about the Berserker armor, and about the Behelit Guts gets though so I can speculate that far. At the speed of these movies I think we'll actually be able to see things that never got animated. And I must agree the way the Behelits work is fascinating. The whole idea that they get you at thhe point where you are most likely to accept their deal is pretty insidious. Do you have a favorite Apostle?

Edited by Necropolis (see edit history)

Posted

Ho man, do you mean volume 25 or chapter 25? You mean volume, right? Because you're gonna meet like a whole bunch of new apostles, and if there was any apostle in particular I held in favor over any others it's waaaay harder to choose now.

The count, I think, might have the most intense story of any apostle out of all of them to date. Looking back, that is. The whole thing right there at the very end is so ridiculously tense, I was literally on the edge of my seat and I was

reading. And the ending of that particular arc has such a CRAZY thing going on it leads perfectly into the golden age arc. Personally, I think the entire black swordsman era of Guts's life is probably my favorite. So him and Jill were cool, too.

Posted

Volume 25

I like the shadowy guy

In the new band of hawk. I like all of the new band of hawk, really. They just have like this great ensemble cast feel. Like each of them has as long and sordid a past as Guts and Griffith do.

Posted

Hooooly shit, the intro to Koutoura-san actually made me cry within the first half of the show. This has to be the saddest little girl ever - I felt like I was watching the making of the perfect yandere. Just, those dead eyes... I would not have been surprised if the rest of the show was about her murdering her classmates.

Posted

Also, nominating Sasami-san at Ganbaranai for best anime of season.

Posted

The brother sister love jokes weren't always that funny, and the art puts me off a little. No denying the quality of it the animation, but the colours were offputting. It was funny sometimes, and toward the end it suddenly upped the crazy factor, leaving me a bit confused and unsure about the whole thing. Like, the crazy bit was good, but I don't know what to think of the show yet. I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't get better.

Posted

Also, nominating Sasami-san at Ganbaranai for best anime of season.

im guessing the ganbaranai is the same stem as ganbatte's ganbaru? like, "ganbaranai" as in "not going for it"/"dont try hard"? because suddenly im interested.

Posted

Volume 25

I like the shadowy guy

In the new band of hawk. I like all of the new band of hawk, really. They just have like this great ensemble cast feel. Like each of them has as long and sordid a past as Guts and Griffith do.

Which shadowy guy? They'll get names later, in case you're wondering.

Posted

Rakshas

Posted

Yeah he's pretty crazy.

Did you pick up on the fact that Casca is Kushanese yet?

Posted

Yeah I pretty much guessed. Y'know whats fascinating abouut the show, though? How religions and cultures are. Like, there is a vatican and a church, but its sorta vague what exactly they worship. There doesn't seem to be a christ figure, unless I missed it. They closest thing is how people seem to view griffith when he came back. Like, this doesn't seem like your typical alternate reality earth with different countries. Do you know if Miura has ever published a world map?