Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

pheo i cant stop laughinggggggggggg

Posted

Went a bit nuts with copying anime from people at anime club tonight. Got the 3rd and 4th One Piece sagas, and then all of these.

• Angel Beats!
  • Azumanga Daiou
  • B Gata H Kei
  • Clannad
  • Clannad ~After Story~
  • The Daily Lives of High School Boys
  • Kaiji
  • Kampfer
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Mirai Nikki
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Usagi Drop

To go with that I also have these still to watch that I copied from people previously:

• Accel World
  • Birdy the Mighty Decode S2
  • Great Teacher Onizuka
  • Guilty Crown
  • Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
  • Soul Eater
  • UN-GO
  • Working!! S2
  • The World God Only Knows S2

Plus Michiko to Hatchin with T1G. Can't even remember where we were with that though.

Posted

Kaiji

Yes.

• Neon Genesis Evangelion

Yeeeees.

• Paranoia Agent

Yeeeeeeeeeeees.

• Soul Eater

You lost me.

Also, I have so far watched 7 episodes of Aria the Animation. Quite strange for me to be watching a slice of life, but it's been pretty good so far. Very nice, very relaxing. It's cute and funny and actually isn't that bad for a show that has individual stories for each episode. Some things carry through the episodes, though, which is nice. A little bit of continuity is always nice. The music I heard was supposed to be good. I watched 2 episodes and I already had a torrent going for every series' soundtrack going (There are, like, 7 different animations for this series, but only one is longer than 13 episodes).

But, yeah, my opinion so far is definitely positive. It's like the calm and peacefulness of the anime makes me not even care that there's no actual plot. The characters are cute and quirky, too.

(Yeah, I kind of gave up on Mushishi after one episode, but I will return to it at some point, since there's a second season coming out this year, I believe.)

Posted

Yeah I might not bother with Soul Eater since it has so many episodes leading to an apparently bad ending.

Unfortunately they didn't have Kaiji's mahjong brother, which I'm actually more interested in watching than I am Kaiji.

Posted

If you've been reading my recent posts, I watched One Outs, which someone has referred to the main character as "Blond Akagi" and Kaiji as "Crying Akagi" (This also got me to watch One Outs), which is basically Akagi but with baseball. Now, I am not a particular fan of baseball, but it was still amazingly intense and incredibly clever and probably would've been more so if I knew the rules of baseball that Tokuchi bends/breaks, because I had never heard of some things that happened in the anime, such as a "balk", like who even.

I'm getting carried away, I'm just trying to say that if you enjoy Akagi, which you should, you'll most likely 99% guaranteed like One Outs as well. Also, Kaiji isn't bad, the main character just isn't as smart/lucky/awesome as Akagi/Tokuchi, so he's more relatable? I guess, because he's human just like us, unlike the other two who are often referred to as "demons" or other names of the sort.

Man, I love Crying/Blond/Akagi.

Posted

Yeah I might not bother with Soul Eater since it has so many episodes leading to an apparently bad ending.

but the animation up to that point is absolutely delicious. im never getting over that theme song animation. never.

If you've been reading my recent posts, I watched One Outs, which someone has referred to the main character as "Blond Akagi" and Kaiji as "Crying Akagi" (This also got me to watch One Outs), which is basically Akagi but with baseball. Now, I am not a particular fan of baseball, but it was still amazingly intense and incredibly clever and probably would've been more so if I knew the rules of baseball that Tokuchi bends/breaks, because I had never heard of some things that happened in the anime, such as a "balk", like who even.

i feel like i should know what a balk is. from oofuri in-between pages, no less. off the top of my head, i wanna say its when the pitcher steps off the plate on the mound without doing a pickoff.

ahh, looked it up, its when a pitcher pretends to pitch, without any intention of pitching. a fakeout, really, among other things. yeah, i more or less remembered it well enough. (just worded it really dumbly)

pitches while facing away from the batter

gotta be the best one in that list.

Posted

@Muffin: Yeah after reading your post on One Outs I quite fancied giving it a look sometime.

Posted

Treemo has been showing me episodes of Puchimas at lunch and now I'm actually watching the Idolm@ster.

Damn this theme song is catchy.

Posted

my day basically 

VvsAKZF.png

Posted

puppying go outside

Posted

I guess this counts as animu but boyf and I watched Spirited Away last night. He'd never seen the whole thing before so that was cool.

Posted (edited)

I need to watch Spirited Away again. Its been so long.

Ok I just watched nine episodes of Idolm@ster in a row why didn't anyone tell me is was SO FUCKING AMAZING?

Edited by DR SHRUBBERY! (see edit history)

Posted

Wow, things are really starting to get good in Psycho-Pass.

I mean I was kinda expecting the story to go in the criminal uprising direction, but the way they've done it is really cool and I'm wondering how far it will go,

Posted

TASyhvr.png

definitely pheo: the anime

Wow, things are really starting to get good in Psycho-Pass.

I mean I was kinda expecting the story to go in the criminal uprising direction, but the way they've done it is really cool and I'm wondering how far it will go,

So I guess our villain whatever his name was really just believes that he's doing the right thing by doing these things. He's got a big picture he's thinking of which lets him validate his actions, and thinks no more about it.

Hoping for some good mask man cosplays in the future though, they'd be fun to see.

T1g likes this