Pheonix561's General Art Thread

502 posts in this topic

Posted

the lonely dragon's not so lonely anymore <:

Posted

Nah he's probably just gonna kill and eat em all and end up lonely again.

Anyways, My Viscom teacher (remember how that's my major?) gave us a two day in class project for our class. We had to set up a treasure hunt for the other members of our class. The only restrictions were that our maps and directions didn't use any words, and that the time elapsed for the hunt had to be between fifty minutes to an hour. No more, no less. Here's his site, because I know you want to check it out. He's a pretty smart dude.

So we went and made our hunt. We were worried that if we just made a simple trail to follow the other students could just skip straight to the end and finish in five minutes by recognizing the final location. So instead, we drew the final location of the treasure, broke it up into four pieces, and gave the students a second map with the locations of the four pieces to find. Here's a picture of the map we made.

photoon20111031at1522.jpg

This is a mirrored image, but it doesn't really make a difference I guess. They mostly recognized the landmarks and were able to find the four pieces in about twenty minutes. Here's a picture of the four pieces taped together.

photoon20111031at15242.jpg

OH MAN ITS A TREE SO DESCRIPTIVE. But, we were a little more exact than that. See how we used orange duct tape? It was a tree with orange leaves. Not exactly rare this time of year, but it was around greener trees so it stood out. On top of that, the fifth location on the map in the middle is a picture of a telescope; It's the observatory. It's got a good view of the rest of the campus. So we went in, and at the top of the tall part we put some of that orange tape in a square on a window, so when they saw the tape and looked through it, they knew exactly which tree to look for. Once they got to it, they found our treasure! Time elapsed was forty minutes. Not too bad.

To recap, here was our strategy:

Give other students map with pictures of locations

Students go to locations, find strange pieces of picture

Students find all four pieces of picture, realize is tree

Students find place to help locate tree

Students locate tree, arrive at tree. Worked out pretty well, I think.

photoon20111031at1519.jpg

Here's a picture of what the bags had in them. It was japanese candy, for some reason. Our teacher decided to get candy from japan instead of walking to walgreens? That was pretty cool of him. It wasn't even pocky either. Here's my cut of the spoils. Sayuri or Saha or whoever reads this stuff, what does it say?(Pardon the poor readability):

photoon20111031at1521.jpg

When it came time for our group to follow the map instead of make it, we had the kind of map that was just pictures of places to go to. We could have easily skipped straight to the last part of the map, but we didn't because we didn't want to be dicks. Also, the map was split into two pieces anyways so we kind of had to get to the half way point before we knew where to skip ahead to.

Thing is, the final point of the map was at a place that had a bomb threat earlier that day, apparently. Which is really funny because we looked a lot like we were running around hiding bombs all over the school. And we were getting into weird places placing weird things and running away from the before anyone could notice. And our teacher, the Leif Allmendinger guy, wears an eye patch and a leather jacket and has a beard and is pretty tall. Sounds like the leader of a terrorist organization, right?

Yeah we definitely thought we caused a bomb threat.

This is what art students do.

Posted

Why don't my history classes get to make treasure hunts :(

Anyway, the japanese candy was a cool idea :D

Posted

That one... In the upper right corner. Hand it over.

Posted

Too late, I already ate it :P

Posted

SQUID YOU AND YOUR BLASPHEMY.

Glasses!Ben is starting to scare me.

Posted

You know what I think about glasses ;)

Posted

Thanks for creeping me out, Knuckle. You guys all saw the Lonely Dragon in that poster I whipped up, right? I would have put some of those other guys in there, like some of the ones from Doodle Werewolf, or George Vilt and Scuba Cuba, and I even considered doing that old drawing I did of LL and Tappy holding hands. But none of those really fit the mood of the thing I was doing, so The Lonely Dragon it was. Though, I did hide a guy who reminded me of the GVSC thing I was going for in that picture. He's in the bottom half. Can anyone find him? He's a tree stump dude, if that helps.

Also, you know how I keep mulling over the idea of doing a picture of everyone on hnet together? If I ever did it, it would be like that poster. Except I'll never do it because we all know what happens when you draw your friends.

photoon20111102at0212.jpg

Here's another WIP shot of that thing. I think I fixed his cheek so it looks more like him, but I need to correct his hair on his head. The Mannequin and her helmet are finished. What's she looking at?

Oh, and glasses are hardly a big deal for me. I picked them up before college so I wouldn't have to worry about accidentally forgetting to put my contacts in. They're practical.

Posted

oh come on, I didn't mean to creep you out. :(

Posted

It was a joke lol

I find that I dont find things really that creepy anymore

Posted

I guess that's a good thing :?

Posted

"Hey Pheo what makes you mad"

squidding

MODELS

THAT WONT

HOLD

STILL

HOOOOO LEEEEEE SHIIIIIIIIT

I'm sitting here in class and we have this black model for once which is cool because it's always white guys and white girls and I'm all "Oh hey Fort loves black guys maybe she will like my drawing of this black guy's dick" but NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. I SPENT SO MUCH squidding TIME REDRAWING HIS squidding ARM THAT HOLY SHIT I I'M SO PISSED squid EVERYONE and this is a drawing we're supposed to turn in and I drew him small because there's a lot of other stuff in this drawing i want to draw but HOLE. E. FUUUCK.

IF ANY OF YOU EVER ASK ME TO DRAW ANY OF YOU

YOU HAD BETTER squidding HOLD STILL OR I WILL JUST

squid YOU ALL NOBODY GETS ANY BLACK DICKS

Posted

How long do these people have to hold still anyway?

Posted

You know what I think about glasses ;)

knuckle I am pretty sure we are more alike than we thought originally

Posted

This could have been an okay class work. This could have been an okay, technically good in class work. Pretty good, even. But no, that squider had to keep moving his shit all over the goddamned place and I just didn't even give two shits what the teacher thought. After squidding erasing his squidding arm for an hour, I just sketched in the background. He couldn't even keep his squidding face still, holy shit its not even that hard. If I ever see him outside of class I'm going to tell him to quit. I was so pissed I drew a vagina on him.

photoon20111103at1335.jpg

TRY AND FAP TO HIM WHEN HE HAS A VAGINA, FORT!

who am I squidding she'll fap to it.