Pheonix561's General Art Thread

502 posts in this topic

Posted

Quick, pull out the dollar bills. :U

Posted

Didn't sirjo actually masturbate onto the lens of his camera and post it because tropix asked him to

Posted

a king wouldn't sink that low

bad publicity. I am pretty sure I have made this comment before

Posted

:x No actual stripping please

Posted

VriUl.png

Posted

The Stripper King? More like the SHITTY NOT KING

At least I have the decency to not be a total whore like pheo :P

Posted

Wow, someone spent a lot of time looking at their own butt

Posted

Who is it? Is it Sideli? He's a dog or something in real life right? Dogs do that I think.

But yeah, eleven hours seems like way too long to be looking at your own butt. I guess these are some of the mental challenges that artists must face.

Posted

Linkprow is such an underrated member <3

Posted

Rika lol

And you too linkprow lololol

Posted

Lookin pretty good. But yeah, any actual stripping should be relegated to WW.

Also it's nice to see Linkprow around here.

Posted

Hmmm... One month hiatus?

Posted

Not exactly. I asked for a tablet for christmas so I can start getting my digital art on. Brought my sketchbook back too, so I might post some of the stuff I do in there? And then there's the fact that I've got some ideas for a gallery coming up soon that I want to make art for. But I need to find an art board or make one or just do something that's going to be big enough and wont bleed when I put sharpie on it and is white.

When I say big I mean like 60x60. I'm planning a technical piece, one that wont be particularly taxing on any idea of composition. It's still a good idea I think, and the people I've run it by agree. But I'm mainly doing it just to make sure I can do something this big, and to get a feel for the medium, etc.

Posted

Well, 60x60 wasn't doable. Scarce materials, and I still can't find paper in that size. But my dad and I did have the stuff to make an art board 48x48, though we probably could have just bought one instead. He really enjoys making things though, so I'm not complaining. Father son art thing, whynot. Here's a photo of it after I spent the last couple of hours laying down a square inch grid across this thing, with a two inch borderspace. so that's 46x46 for this thing.

photoon20111223at0043.jpg

Biggest work I've done yet! Like I said, it's a very technical piece. Just so I can get a grasp on what working in this size is like. the process of actually working through it will be very rudimentary and formulaic - very therapeutic to do for hours on end, which is nice because this is gonna take a while to fill right.

Right now, there's just the base grid, which is all one inch squares. I haven't decided how many squares each square inch will contain. It could be 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5 even. The last time I did something like this was a 5x5, and so now so much as considering doing anything less feels like I'm cheating, especially when I'm standing here calling this a technical piece. Shouldn't I be pushing myself to the best of my abilities?! This is just lazy! There's also time constraints too, though. I need to do another two still lives to add to my portfolio for a transfer review. So I might need to restrain myself to being lazy. That's my own fault, though. I just should have gotten started sooner.

Posted

Transfer review?

Best of luck on this one.