Skyler's Art Fart

334 posts in this topic

Posted

New Battle Critter! I drew a dinothing.

tumblr_mttgohENuH1qft31ko1_1280.png

but no it's probably the first "official" monster of the Battle Critters reboot. Will color when i get some free time. Maybe Tuesday?

Posted

I am likin' this new fire in ya, Skys(because a few more letters is too much effort totally /sarcasm.)

I have this urge to be like...

"In you Battle Critters you should have an npc based on me and it should be A CHILD"

Posted

I am likin' this new fire in ya, Skys(because a few more letters is too much effort totally /sarcasm.)

Yay thanks me too! Lets hope it stays by Tuesday when I'll have time to draw again yay!

I have this urge to be like...

"In you Battle Critters you should have an npc based on me and it should be A CHILD"

lol wut? please elaborate.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Heck, that's really great. I often underappreciate how great you are at drawing tbh.

Posted

Sheeple and Princess Sheeple???

tumblr_mtypyuGPjL1qft31ko1_1280.png

More Battle Critters later blah poop blah.

Teto, pheonix561 and Sayubie like this

Posted

Hey if anyone has any BC suggestions, I'm totally open to them. Right now I'm basically taking two animals or an animal plus a loose concept and combining them and also making them big and monstrous. But if you guys have any ideas I'd like to hear them. 

Posted

A chicken knight. The younger version is shit but I couldnt think of a good design for it. I worked backward this time, with the adult form first. I like the adult form.

Chicken_zpse96ca1f0.png

Teto and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

Since the adult is a full knight, you could base the chick on a child wearing oversized armour, maybe?

Just a poorly fitted helmet or something. Unless the helmet is really part of the actual critter, and not an accessory.

To help you along with the design you could first find out what kind of helmet it was that you just drew there, the history of it and the people who used it in battle, and use that to influence the rest of the design. You might have done that in the first place and it didn't help you any with a kid version, but I dunno.

I can imagine historical based designs having accuracy problems. Like, I dunno but, maybe the emblem on their chest has different origins than the helmet design, and so it doesn't make sense that they would come together on a design.

I like the idea of taking inspiration from historical sources though. Handy that you've got some features which you can trace back and learn from, and take from when developing the character design.

Really good by the way.

SilverAlchemic and PrimaGaga like this

Posted

Baby chick should have oversized egg fragment as a helmet. I feel lame saying this after Teto's thought-out suggestion

Posted

Baby chick should have oversized egg fragment as a helmet. I feel lame saying this after Teto's thought-out suggestion

Take the "kid trying to be a knight" suggestion and you can have it so the egg has a scrawlled on grill like a real helmet, but alas the chick still has to hold it up to see. I just envision a chick peering out from under his make-shift 'shellmet', admiring the fully-grown chicken knights.

Sayubie and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

I actually think the grille-style faceplate is really cute in lieu of a beak. Then the feathers are like a coif, only with a crest. Since it's kind of stout and doesn't have any facial expressions, it's adorable in my book. You should have a pre-evolution called Chevaliegg.

Posted

So my parents are talking about divorce. I mean, my mom wants to leave my dad. Lol

Posted

Working on my Table Top/D20 game thats set in the One Piece World, but like, decades after. Got tired so I drew a character I plan to have one of my players use.

(I'm gonna make all of their first characters for them, since most of them dont know One Piece too well) Any ways, here's a character. She's nameless and the only one of the group to start off with a Devil Fruit. I gave her the Candy Candy Fruit, which technically was in one of the movies, but since that's filler, i'm retconning it. In the movie, the power featured candy syrup, while this features cotton candy.  

CottonCandy2_zps6a3d7533.png

CottonCandyextra_zps1df30e43.png

EDIT- oh in case you didn't know/realize, the Candy Candy Fruit is a Logia type fruit. Logia users are basically elementals. IE they can control and even take the form of their element. Her element is Cotton Candy. :>

Posted

she just needs to learn to be in control of her sweet emotions

SilverAlchemic likes this