anyone else seen the robots yet on teamfortress.com

anyone else enjoy the fact that the demo robot is a cyclops

heh

Posted

I'm up for Medic? That's seriously my best class :E

Posted

medic is nothing to be ashamed of and don't let anyone tell you that it is

Posted

It's the opposite. I main medic and jesus christ, theres no debate, medic is the most valuable individual class and these peasants depend on us ok. I don't know if you have fun playing medic, a lot of people don't, at least, at the start, but man, there's this special feeling you get every time you successfully save someone from death. There's a massive feeling of brilliance when you pop off a great uber and you take the other team down with it. I get this feeling of pride when the teams are matched well or we're worse than the other team, and you manage to keep everyone alive long enough for a counter-push and holding the other team off.

Medics are cool.

Skridovaste likes this

Posted

I don't know where you got the idea that being a medic was bad. Sure, on a sliding scale of skill vs strategy, a medic is anchored deeply on the strategy side(As opposed to scout, which would be the polar opposite), but that doesn't mean it's an easy or shameful class. Every team needs a medic. Most teams are hopeless without one, and a well placed uber can always end a stalemate. I could go on but I'm not going to. Be a medic. Everyone loves medics. They even made all the characters thank the medic for being such a cool guy and healing them because hey what a cool guy.

Anyways it turns out the release of mvm is actually tomorrow and not today, much to the LIES of the video.

Posted

I'm not saying the medic is a bad class, I'm just saying I suck at offensive classes. Usually I play as Medic, but sometimes Engie and Sniper.

Posted (edited)

I want in on this robot-busting squad.

If robots can feel pain, then let them burn.

76847__safe_pinkie-pie_crossover_animated_team-fortress-2_pyro_artist-gir678.gif

Estimated wait time: 6 minutes

Estimated wait time: 40 minutes

Estimated wait time: 5 minutes

Estimated wait time: 14 minutes

Estimated wait time: about 1 minute

this system is broke

Edited by DR SHRUBBERY! (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah, I was all ready to jump into MVM and then it turned out my internet was still awful and then it turned out the wait time for this stuff is nuts. I'm waiting until I get back to college next week to try any of this, because my internet is better there and the hype should have died down a little by then, enough to maybe get in a game in twenty minutes of waiting.

Posted

It's quite challenging

Or I had a terrible team

very hard

Posted

That's why we need to form a team. Only together through the power of friendship teamwork can we stop the mechanical menace.

I've only played once and this one guy kept yelling at me for picking pyro, saying "OI! I AM THE PYRO!" and stuff like that.

He said oi alot...

Posted

Is MvM like highlander? Can there only be one of each class, or what?

If we're playing, I think we're going to need at least one medic and one engie. The rest of the classes can be things like demo, or heavy, or soldier, or pyro. Things that can deal out lots of damage quickly and are pretty resilient. I don't think we really need to worry much about support for a mode like this. These are just my initial haven't even played the game yet thoughts, though.

Posted

Having played one round with chef already, having more than one of the same class is perfectly fine within the gamerules. Some people might have their own metarules though. Also, playing as Engie is hella fun when you've got a sentry with +200% Health and firing rate. MvM is a lot more strategic than standard play (not to say that isn't strategic, but MvM is moreso) and a well placed sentry or an ubered heavy can make or break the round.

Posted

What worries me is that I haven't played mvm ever, so I'm going to be blindly jumping into this without a clue for strategy or anything like that. It's not like Dustbowl where I've played enough games to know how to solve a problem, or I have a good idea of cause/effect in significant actions. I'm not saying I don't love the idea of learning a new game type, I just wonder how successful our first game will be.

Posted

I really wanna play with you guys. @_@

MAYBE SOMEDAAAAYY