Forum Organization

32 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven't explored too much yet, Tappy, but so far I really like it. At first I was confused by the news bar replacing the recent topics, but since the latter's just underneath it there's no problem, and having the News posted more conveniently will be useful. Most of the other changes are more subtle, but look fine to me.

I still would love to eventually see a sub-part of the site devoted to blogging. It would encourage more user-based content such as reviews, artwork, stories, etc. and keep it organised. I think I heard there was something like that before on Hnet.

However, I understand that it would be tough to maintain, and it would have to somehow integrate into the forum or else it would just die like it did before.

EDIT: Trying to add a comment to the status updates, and it's not working. Also, I'd love for the 'view all status updates' option to be back. Maybe you're just working on it now, though.

Posted

I haven't explored too much yet, Tappy, but so far I really like it. At first I was confused by the news bar replacing the recent topics, but since the latter's just underneath it there's no problem, and having the News posted more conveniently will be useful. Most of the other changes are more subtle, but look fine to me.

I still would love to eventually see a sub-part of the site devoted to blogging. It would encourage more user-based content such as reviews, artwork, stories, etc. and keep it organised. I think I heard there was something like that before on Hnet.

However, I understand that it would be tough to maintain, and it would have to somehow integrate into the forum or else it would just die like it did before.

EDIT: Trying to add a comment to the status updates, and it's not working. Also, I'd love for the 'view all status updates' option to be back. Maybe you're just working on it now, though.

There is a blogging addon for the forums but it doesn't come free, I would be willing to buy it but only if it would actually get used.

I can still see the link to video all status updates at the bottom of the recent status updates sidebar blocky thingy.

I haven't changed anything yet, I've only added the Hyrule.net news on the right and changed some colors.

Posted

Oh, right. I think I must have been tired or something. Out of curiosity, how much does the blogger add-on cost per month? Yeah, I'm not sure if too many people here would use it or not.

Posted

Who is Wise Old Man and why have they become a moderator of Open Floor and Discussion @_@ ????

Posted

I am Wise Old Man

get ready for hell on earth B)

Posted

Oh, right. I think I must have been tired or something. Out of curiosity, how much does the blogger add-on cost per month? Yeah, I'm not sure if too many people here would use it or not.

it's $50, one time fee I believe.

Edit:

$50 one time fee,

Who is Wise Old Man and why have they become a moderator of Open Floor and Discussion @_@ ????

That is my first hnet account, I use it for testing.

Hrrrng, Arachne: $50 one time, $10 every 6 months but only if I want updates.

phone was bitching about the word "timestamp=" from the quote so I couldn't edit my last post.

Posted

There's not many people here who run a blog, and if they do, they just make a thread to be revisited. Don't bother with blog software.

Posted

Fair enough. I was thinking of getting into blogging for the occasional thing. but I should just start writing and posting in a thread.

Posted

The thing with the Blog addon is it is far more advance than just making a post, the addon allows you to customize the look of your blog, allow a group of people contribute to one blog and bunch more.

http://www.invisionp.../products/blog/

http://www.invisionp...og/features.php

I would actually see this as suitable platform for people to write their reviews and such but like i've said before, not unless there is high interest.

Posted

Yeah I see people here using a blog function for about a week and then getting bored of it. Doesn't seem worth the money :<

Posted

is there a technical thread for site issues, and if so, can we pin it somewhere?

you know, so any and all problems are in one easy place for you, as opposed to the talk thread or something. because i keep hitting screwy things, somehow (it my luck, i swear, happens all the time) and i dunno where is best to tell you.

Posted

is there a technical thread for site issues, and if so, can we pin it somewhere?

you know, so any and all problems are in one easy place for you, as opposed to the talk thread or something. because i keep hitting screwy things, somehow (it my luck, i swear, happens all the time) and i dunno where is best to tell you.

Generally that's what the Help Desk forum is for, but you can just message me on Skype, the forums, or IRC.

Posted

I'm starting to archive/move some of the said forums.

News & Reviews, Some staff forums have been archived.

Archives have been moved to the Hyrule Castle category, normal users can't see this yet...

Created Original Creations forum, then moved Original Stories and Non-Zelda Art to them. Can I merge these into just the Original Creations forum??

Lobby will move to the Hyrule.net Category.

Posted

Not really about forum organization but, I see that when a thread title is changed, the url is changed too, as with each individual post's url. I have no idea how websites work, does my constant changing of the picture thread title (and therefore all those urls) have some negative effect? Or strain the system or something. Or is it fairly straight forward?

Posted

I think the forums keeps the old titles in the database so say if you bookmarked a thread and it has an old URL it will just redirect you to the correct URL.