LGBTQIA

107 posts in this topic

Posted

how even has this not been posted about yet

The Supreme Court just ruled 5-4 that DOMA was unconstitutional. They also dismissed Prop 8 on the basis that it was not eligible to be appealed from the circuit court.

What this means is federal benefits now apply to any same-sex couple that gets married in a state where it is legal, no matter what state they are in. This extends to stuff like taxes, military benefits, certain employment discrimination protection, etc. Pretty much any of the hundreds of programs that have special clauses or benefits for married couples now apply to gay couples.

It doesn't mean that gay marriage is legal in every state, just that it treated the same as any straight marriage was previously under the eyes of the federal government.

Additionally, the ruling on Prop 8 from the previous circuit court stands, they merely overturned the right to appeal. This means that gay marriage should become legal in California.

So yeah, big day :)

Posted

I'm surprised that I haven't heard much about it, too.

Posted

Legitimately Grabbing Bodies To Question Inward Affection

cirt im dying from laughter.

Posted

There are like 5 or 6 Priuses

Posted

This guy on facebook, who used to be my room mate, is complaining that people are happy about the DOMA news. I'm kinda confused by it. Like, either be happy or mad (or indifferent) about the news, but to be mad that people are happy about the news?? Gosh.

Posted

Are you sure he's not complaining (to no one) about hearing about it too much? Like people Internet-celebrating things makes me want to hide from the Internet.

Posted

even so it's like, shut up w/e. it's a big deal so let people act like it is.

But no, he thinks people shouldnt be celebrating because like, this was the correct thing to do and you shouldnt get a "cookie" for doing the right thing. Like "obvious justice is obvious."

I think he's dumb. but on more levels than just about this.

Posted

"Home Sweet Home" - Largely Legend'ry

Homo Sweet Homo

Posted

Seriously I brought this up last time why is this not pinned(not entirely serious)

Anyways, I think I'm a girl actually. So there's that.

Posted

Well, how do you feel about thinking that?

Posted

It was weird for a while after experimenting with my identity in a controlled environment, but pretty much today I started feeling really comfortable with it. I guess well see where it goes from here.

Posted (edited)

What's a controlled environment? Did you try on different female clothing articles in a sealed, temperature-controlled, gravity chamber that simulates Earth's gravitational pull and environment?

Edited by °ᵕ° (see edit history)