LGBTQIA

107 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, it's not even a thing that you can easily navigate. If there was a spectrum or chart or something it'd be different. MAYBE that could have a purpose. But I feel like some people just really need labels to make sense of their lives. Or to feel special.

if there was a graph for spectrums, i just feel like it would wind up looking like this.

The concept of looking at a list and "learning" that you are something is weird to me. Like "discovering" yourself by likening yourself to an existing thing on a list is kind of doing yourself a disservice. It's limiting yourself and you may or may not be subconsciously making yourself fit into the list.

for me, its more like i just never realized my own feelings on some topics. then again, i dont think id know half of my theoretical emotional spectrum if it smacked me in the face with a dead fish. but anything vague like "feels like X or thinks like Y" goes right out the window for the same reason. if any description bats less than a distinct and descriptive 10/10 for me, i probably wont even remember the word the next day.

Posted

The concept of looking at a list and "learning" that you are something is weird to me. Like "discovering" yourself by likening yourself to an existing thing on a list is kind of doing yourself a disservice. It's limiting yourself and you may or may not be subconsciously making yourself fit into the list.

I sort of agree with you in one way, but for me personally, the process of coming out to myself as trans only happened when I started reading stuff about trans people. The feelings I had didn't change, it was just that I literally didn't know it was a thing that people did legitimately and didn't always end up looking like a bad drag queen/king afterward. That had been the only information I ever had because that's how we get portrayed in media 95% of the time. Not really knowing that I could transition just had confused me for years and I kinda floated toward thinking I was some flavor of gay because it was a more common thing.

Cascade likes this

Posted

YOU HAVE TWO L'S AND TWO A'S YOU'RE CHEATING

The second L stands for Laughing, and the second A stands for Ass.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Well that's a good thing then. Labels do have their ups and downs, but idk, I think I'd prefer if there weren't hurtful arbitrary expectations to begin with. You're Emso to me, dawg. That you're a boy or a girl is secondary information. Belly rubs are all the same and you're still a cool cat. :3

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

Better to just not care about who you are and what you might be until it becomes apparent to you without having to search for it.

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

I always found the Kinsey scale dreadfully underused, but then it doesn't cover everything. And its a bit old

Posted

"lets get bacon and tomato"

Posted

"lets get bacon and tomato"

im never unseeing.

Posted

Let's Get a Burrito at That Quintana's In Abilene

Posted

Lordly Grinning Beatniks Take Questions Involving Aristocracies.

Suddenly, everything got pretentious.

emsomniac and Teto like this

Posted

Lesbian Gay Bisexual Trans* Queer/Questioning Intersex Asexual

haha mine's the silliest one of the lot tbh

Posted

Lannisters Gag Babies To Quell Incestual Advances

pheonix561, PrimaGaga and Ammonsa like this

Posted

Legitimately Grabbing Bodies To Question Inward Affection

Posted

Losers Gone Bad: The Quitters (In August)

Like a bad reality show featuring the losers of Biggest Loser

Necropolis and Sahaqiel like this