The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah I just realized that. I bought the Pro Glide.

Posted

The Daredevil series will be added to the Netflix library tonight after midnight. Will you Binge watch it in a single day (like me) or spread it out over a few days. 

I will post a spoiler filled review for every episode so if you don't want it spoiled don't read the posts.

image_261577_5.jpg

Posted

Whats gonna happen if the avengers 2 sucks

Posted

Marvel Studios has a surefire cycle of fan service>serious part>lighthearted joke part>fan service>serious part>lighthearted joke part

But for real - I wouldn't even know. They'll probably just make more announcements about other movies and tease lots of stuff

Posted

Whats gonna happen if the avengers 2 sucks

The critics reviews are in, it doesn't.

Posted

IMdb is only giving it a 7.4 though? Sure that's not awful, but it's going to pale in comparison to the first one.

Actually, where are the critic reviews anyways? IMdb is the only thing giving me anything on a google search.

Posted

I'm loving the Daredevil series, so many Marvel Easter eggs!

The reconstruction after the Chutauri Invasion allowed Wilson Fisk to come to power

Ben Urich has framed newspaper headlines on his wall, one from The Daily Bugle

Jack Murdock was asked to throw a fight against Carl "Crusher" Creek (The Absorbing Man who was in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D)

One of the "Russian Front" addresses is the New York headquarters of Marvel Comics "Rival" DC 

Wilson Fisk dates a Woman named Vanessa (Vanessa Fisk is his Wife)

Posted

Vanessa mentions sleeping with a Client who was wealthy and wore a White suit with an Ascot. This is a reference to the classic Wilson Fisk look.

Wilson%20Fisk.jpg?timestamp=124192298620

Posted

What a great season! Can't wait for season two!

Posted

Good news everyone looks like we won't have to sit through Uncle Ben's death again. Today Kevin Feige said that Peter Parker will already be Spider-Man when we meet him in Civil War.

"There's a young kid already running around New York City in a homemade version of the Spider-Man costume in the MCU, you just don't know it yet. And seeing that there have been two retelling of his origin in 13 years we trust fans will already know."

He also mentions that the costume design is different from any seen before but it is classic Spidey.

iron_sprider_man_by_colossus484-d3h4bm3.

I was hoping that they would bring out the Iron Spider suit at some point.

Posted

They also said they're excited to play around with different aspects of his character, like not fitting in and making jokes. I hope we get a corny/wisecracking Spider-Man that makes the other superheroes cringe, but then they accept it

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

After Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner clicked with fans in The Avengers there has been renewed interest in a solo Hulk film. A lot of fans have pointed to one storyline that would be perfect for the film, Planet Hulk.

For those unfamiliar, planet hulk began with the secretive group of Marvel elites called The Illuminati (Tony Stark, Professor X, Namor the Sub-Mariner, Reed Richards, Doctor Strange and Black Bolt) deciding that the Hulk is getting to Dangerous to leave unchecked on Earth and they decide to get rid of him. While unconscious they put him in a space ship and blast him into deep space with his destination being a planet with "Wild game and no intelligent life" so Hulk can be alone. However he is so enraged he smashes the controls and is rocketed into a wormhole and arrives on the planet Sakkar. He is weakened by the transit and is enslaved as a gladiator and gains some higher intelligence by having Nanomachines implanted in his brain for universal communication. He eventually befriends the fellow gladiators and becomes War bound and even finds a lover named Caiera. 

The storyline was adapted into an animated film in 2010 and I highly recommend it.

I think it's a perfect way to bridge the gap between Guardians outer space story with Avengers Earth based story (in fact Adam Warlock and Star-Lord can be seen in the Arena as spectators).

planet-hulk.jpg

Posted

I have this book but still haven't read it. I've seen the movie, though. 

I always felt like it copied off the War World episode of Justice League, tho......

Posted

I have this book but still haven't read it. I've seen the movie, though. 

I always felt like it copied off the War World episode of Justice League, tho......

It was actually inspired (at least partially) by The Russell Crowe film Gladiator

gladiator.jpg

Angelina Jolie is being considered by Marvel as a potential director for Captain Marvel. I'm not sure how I feel about this, I would hope that they would choose a Director who is at least passively familiar with the source character (Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel-Captain Marvel) and to me Angelina seems like the kind of person to never even crack open a comic book.

captain-marvel.jpg