The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't have an issue with spiderman's death being so brief so much as I do with the fact that they're blatantly doing it so they can revive him for the movie.

Pheo. The key to enjoying comics is to keep in mind there is no gospel. I mean when you think about comics exist on shifty ground. These characters are written to last for a long time. I mean think about it. Since the introduction of say, Superman, People have lived entire lifetimes. People have been born after the introduction of superman and died natural deaths. Another thing. The entirety of the marvel universe's history is canon. And somehow all of that history has taken place within the last 10 or so years. That makes no sense but its irrelevant. It doesn't stop you from enjoying well written books.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is the joy of reading comics is...Enjoying good comics.

Also, its Watchmen, not the watchmen. Sorry thats an ocd of mine...

Posted

Well put

Posted

This is Merry Marvel Action Figure Corner where I showcase figures made by yours truly. 

This first one is the New Ultimate Spider-Man Miles Morales

38739-1.jpg

The base Is a Spider-Man 2 movie figure (upper torso) and a Marvel select Symbiote Spider-Man (legs). 

the next is a custom Superior Spider-Man 

46026-1.jpg

the base is a Marvel Select debut Spider-Man figure with alterations that include a darker shade of crimson paint, the dark blue, the extended and altered spider emblem and a headswap with a Hasbro Spectacular Spider-Man figure. 

Posted

dude just use LEGO's

Posted

dude just use LEGO's

Where's the fun in that!?

Posted

now is Superior Spider-Man supposed to be dark blue or black? I only remember seeing him as black, but im not sure.

Posted (edited)

now is Superior Spider-Man supposed to be dark blue or black? I only remember seeing him as black, but im not sure.

To tell ya the truth, I'm not sure either. The color scheme seems to differ between issues. So I just split the difference.

Edit: According to the Concept art, the color Is indeed Black.

SuperiorSpiderMan_Designs.jpg

Edited by Tyrion Lannister (see edit history)

Posted

I won't deny it, there's a part of me that would like to follow peter parker as a crafting, scheming antivillain, but I can't even think about picking it up until after the semester ends.

Posted

If I wasn't on my phone I would be posting GIFS of Tobey McGuire's infamous hair-flipping from Spider-Man 3.

Posted

If I wasn't on my phone I would be posting GIFS of Tobey McGuire's infamous hair-flipping from Spider-Man 3.

Ewwwww!!!!!!!!

Posted

605.jpg

This Is me..........

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

This guy came in my store right before the avengers movie came out, saw my comic books and asked if i was excited for the new Super Friends movie. I raged hard.

Posted

the summery for All-New X-Men claimed new costumes for the team.

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/43474/all-new_x-men_2012_9

that didnt happen and it makes me very sad. Still a great issue though.

New Superior Spider-man. I laughed out loud. but by the end of the issue I was like "oh damn...."

shit is getting heavy.

Posted

My comic obsession just got real!

my_comic_book_obsession_just_got_real_by

My mom says I spend to much on comics.....hey there's no such thing when it concerns comics.