The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

The twist was more about Magneto but yes, Cyclops was involved.

Posted

In some more Guardians of the Galaxy news, actor Jason Momoa has been cast as Drax the Destroyer the once human man who's mind was transplanted into a genetically engineered body so he could exact revenge on Thanos for the murder of his family. 

Momoa Is no stranger to science fiction he played warrior Ronin Dex for four years on Stargate Atlantis.

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_35793.jpg

Posted

No spoilers, I haven't gotten it yet.

Speaking of X-Men, Actor Peter Dinklage (who plays my idol and namesake Tyrion Lannister on Thrones) has joined the cast of X-Men Days of Future Past. While the character he plays hasn't been announced speculation suggests he will take on the role of Alpha Flight member Puck. I'm sure his origin will be altered because in the comics Puck or Eugene Milton Judd was a normal size warrior From the 1900's who was possessed by a Demon that caused his size to shrink  (while retaining his strength and agility). This isn't the first time an X-Men character's origin was changed, in X-Men the Last Stand Juggernaut was just a Mutant and there was no mention of the Ruby of Cyttorak.

408189-172296-puck.jpg

I saw this and thought of team rocket

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

a few days ago I reported that actor Peter Dinklage had been cast in X-Men Days of Future Past and that his rumored character was that of Puck the diminutive super strong member of Alpha Flight. Well a day later brings word that he Will actually be playing the films main (unnamed) protagonist. A source claims that Dinklage Will be playing Bolivar Trask builder of the Mutant hunting Sentinel Robots and Master Mold. This seems to keep in line with Bryan Singer's claim to use the film the fix the continuity of the X-Men films to erase the events of X-Men The Last Stand (singer directed the first two but left to direct Superman Returns) this seems so because Trask was played by actor Bill Duke in the much filed reviled film. 

Posted

So they are just gonna cluster puppy the movies even more? great.

Posted

So they are just gonna cluster puppy the movies even more? great.

I actually think it'll clean  up the jumbled continuity. This time travel adventure will restore professor Xavier, Jean Grey and Scott Summers to life and erase the events of the craptastic Last Stand. 

The series lost it's way when Bryan Singer left after X2. 

I got a delivery of comics this past Saturday that included another issue of Superior Spider-Man #1, I was pissed thinking they made a mistake (I was expecting issue #3) turns out I accidentally ordered the second printing of Superior #1. I also bought a variant of Amazing Spider-Man #700 (making my count 3 all with different covers). 

Posted

Guess whose back!

tumblr_mijmxfrTvF1qft31ko1_500.png

Posted

Goblin vs. Spock. a battle for the ages.

Posted

wut?

Posted

Spider-ock

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Oh i thought you were making a star trek reference. Haha.

but yeah it'll be an interesting fight.

Posted

apparently there's a Marvel comic series coming based in the Universe of the George Romero "Living Dead" films. Romero himself Is involved with the series that Will begin fall 2013.

MarveloftheDead1.608x667.jpg?1361582297

Posted

So I'm watching Iron Man again, and I can't believe that I missed Obediah using the phrase "Iron Monger" early on in the film.

636px-Iron_Monger.png

I've seen this movie like 30 times how did I not notice until now?

Posted

It's okay, Iron Man villains aren't super well known. I mean, who even cares about Whiplash before he was in Iron Man 2?

Posted

I saw some old iron man toys at a store. The villains are lame. Marvel has lame villains. Except modok

yeah not all the villains are winners.