The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

Actually, that "news" originally came from the Latino Review, which is well known for making shit up. They started the "Planet Huik movie" rumor. also, they said that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would originally be working for Hydra, which parallels the comics when they started out on the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Interesting and logical, but Whedon already said they'd be British in his movie. Doesn't actually contradict the hydra part though.

But yeah this is all from Latino Reviews so uh.... its only maybe true.

Posted

Actually, that "news" originally came from the Latino Review, which is well known for making shit up. They started the "Planet Huik movie" rumor. also, they said that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would originally be working for Hydra, which parallels the comics when they started out on the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Interesting and logical, but Whedon already said they'd be British in his movie. Doesn't actually contradict the hydra part though.

But yeah this is all from Latino Reviews so uh.... its only maybe true.

Oh great Latino Review leaked it, I read it on Superhero Hype.

Posted

It seems that when X-Men Days of Future Past hits theaters this May 23rd it'll feature one less X-Man. The only scene featuring returning cast member Anna Paquin's Rogue has been cut. Director Bryan Singer said that the cut was purely for pacing and will be seen on the eventual DVD release. 

Posted

He is Groot!

Today Marvel announced that Fast and the Furious and Riddick Star Vin Diesel has been cast as Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy. Diesel will not only voice The Monarch of Planet X, he will also provide motion capture. This is not the first time Diesel has voiced an animated character, he provided the voice of the title character in 1999's The Iron Giant.

vin_diesel_groot_-_h_2013.jpg

Posted

I definitely think they made a good choice in casting him. I obviously don't know anything about guardians of the galaxy, but. If he could do the iron giant then he can do a tree.

Posted

Posted

I was kinda on the fence where Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film was concerned, until I stumbled upon this.

maxresdefault.jpg

While it's not official, the guy who posted it claims to work for Weta Workshop the Design Studio Michael Bay is using for TMNT. If this turns out to be true I'm definitely going to see Ninja Turtles.

Posted

I don't get the mask thing. It looks so rubbery and fake.

I thought it was supposed to be cloth?

"my childhood is ruined"

Posted

It's actually a sculpted bust that is scanned into a computer and used to render the CGI effects over Pete Ploszek the actor playing Leonardo. 

article-0-19B46049000005DC-547_306x744.j:

Posted

No I mean the material looks rubbery and not cloth-like

Posted

As I said the Leonardo head is a sculpt that will be used in VFX rendering. The mask will look more like fabric then. 

Posted

I am a fool then.

Posted

The motion capture could end up really good, but then again not everybody has the mo-cap acting chops of Andy Serkis. I'm only not excited for the new TMNT movie because I'm afraid it will be too similar in tone to Bay's Transformers movies, which, while I don't hate like many other people, I do think were unnecessarily crude and full of innuendo and swearing for being based on a toy franchise.

Also I need to stop forgetting about this topic because cool stuff gets talked about in here. And now I'm glad to know there is a fellow Young Avengers fan on the board :3 

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Bay is a producer of the film,  not the director. Jonathan Liebesman who directed "Wrath of the Titans" and "Battle Los Angeles" is director. Transformers is a big spectacle of a film, I think Ninja Turtles will be much smaller in scope focusing more on the story and less on a big splashy effects driven soap opera. 

Agent Zako likes this