The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

Itd be cool if wut i said happened, but with Thanos just finishing a huge arc, it seems unlikely. 

Posted

Looking at the photo I see many familiar faces like Sugar Man, The Impossible Man, Devil Dinosaur, Cloak, Dagger, Moon Knight, The Guardians of the Galaxy, Quicksilver, Man-Thing, White Tiger, Silver Surfer, Wonderman, Agent Venom and Uatu the Watcher. Suspiciously absent is Hit-Monkey.

Posted

Who is the giant guy looking through the window? Thanos?

Posted

No I think he's the Super Skrull.

Posted

He looked like Fing Fang Foom or wutever too me. But i dunno much about him or the Super Skull to really know.

Posted

He looked like Fing Fang Foom or wutever too me. But i dunno much about him or the Super Skull to really know.

Yes you're right it Fin Fang Foom.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

I'm calling it. Deadpool is going to marry Deadpool.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

The flowers form a skull

Posted

We have some release date news this cold, cold morning. 

thor__the_dark_world_by_visuasys-d6er3jf

Will drop on DVD, Bluray and Digital Download on February 25.....unfortunately it's not a Thursday. If you get the Joke you too have no life, just like me.

Posted

I hate Tyrsdays. But Odinsdays are my favorite.

Posted

StarWarsMarvel.jpg?itok=9oAQ_0RF

In a move that everyone saw coming Marvel announced today that they will begin publishing Star Wars comics in 2015. 

Current Star Wars rights holder Dark Horse, which has held the comic licence since 1996 will have a year to wrap up their titles before the hand off. 

Many fans have anticipated this move since Disney et all acquired Marvel in 2009 and Star Wars in 2012. 

Interestingly Marvel originally had the Star Wars license releasing movie inspired comics between 1977 and 1986.

Posted

Let me start off by saying that this is a rumor so please as always have your salt shaker handy. 

When Iron Man 3 was released on Bluray and Digital Download included with it was a short called Agent Carter. Set a year after the film The First Avenger it featured Hayley Atwell returning as Peggy Carter an Agent of the OSS. Being the 1940's however she is seen as little more than a token agent inferior to her male counterparts. After a failed mission against the group called Zodiac by her Male co-workers Carter takes it upon herself to find them. Carter infiltrates the Zodiac hideout, savagely beats the guards and retrieves a vial of blue liquid that resembles the ones Dr. Urskein had in Captain America. In the end this heroic act does nothing to change her status in the OSS until a call from Howard Stark(Dominick Cooper) invites her to join a new organization he's forming with Timothy "Dum Dum" Dugan (Neal McDonough) called S.H.I.E.L.D. 

What is this all leading too you ask. Well rumor has it that Marvel was so impressed with Agent Carter that they have expressed interest in a tv series based on the character. 

Hayley Atwell was supposed to reprise her role a Peggy Carter in The Avengers but the scene was cut for pacing. It was reshot a year later for The Winter Soldier. 

hayley-atwell_peggy-carter_marvel-one-sh

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I don't know if anyone cares beside me, but here goes. 

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D returns this Tuesday January 7th with "The Magical Place". Which promises to answer the looming question of Phil Coulson's survival after being "stabbed in the heart by the Asgardian Mussolini". The title refers to the Island of Tahiti (where he had rehab following said stabbing) which Coulson has long been calling "A Magical Place" almost as if it's a programmed response. The group behind Project Centipede seems to think Coulson holds the secret to keeping their Augmented Soldiers from dying. This leads me to believe that Coulson isn't a LMD (Life Model Decoy) or Clone as many have suggested but a Super Soldier (not on par with Captain America, but close). I posit that Coulson was injected with the recovered vial of the Rebirth Serum that Peggy Carter recovered from Zodiac during her time with the OSS (as seen in the Agent Carter short) which healed his injuries and restored his life.....it helps being the closest friend of the World's top spy. 

"The Magical Place" airs January 7th at 8PM on ABC

tahiti-agents-of-shield.jpg

Posted

I haven't wqtched in a while. Gonna hold off until I hear its gotten better

Otis McNutt likes this

Posted

All-New Marvel Now! starts TODAY! This means a point one issue was released, as is every year. Point One is a bulk issue that features a handful of new series stories. Little previews that hype you up for new series coming out this year. Its a great way to see the story, art, and even new characters to help you choose which stories you wanna follow.

tumblr_mz3r0l1aCv1qft31ko1_1280.jpg

featuring Loki, Black Widow, Silver Surfer, Ms Marvel, the Invaders, and the Avengers!

Now, of the 6 stories show cased in this point one, my 2 favorites that i ABSOLUTELY am already recommending are the Silver Surfer, and Ms Marvel. Also gonna check out Loki: Agent of Asgard when it comes out.

Now, everyone should be at least vaguely familiar with the Silver Surfer's back story. An alien whose planet was attacked by the world eater, Galactus, Norrin Rad sacrificed his humanity to become the Silver Surfer, herald to Galactus, in exchange for the safety of his planet. Wielding the power cosmic, he went from planet to planet preparing worlds for Galactus to eat. After and encounter with the Fantastic Four on Earth, he remembered his humanity and joined forces with the heroes to strike back the ageless Planet Consumer. Now he wonders the universe looking for meaning.... or something? This time he's not alone, for he is joined by a (new?) character, Dawn. Also, i mean, this art is FANTASTIC!

All-NewMarvelNowPointOne1-Page13_zps6bca

Also featuring fantastic art is the new Ms Marvel series. Now, the original Ms Marvel is now known as Captain Marvel, and this is a completely NEW character. I believe she is a new Inhuman character. Basically, she is a shape-changing 16 year-old Muslim girl from New Jersey. She has to deal with a strict family life while also being, you know, a super hero! It's cool cause i believe the author of this series is also a Muslim American, of New Jersey, so i can imagine it wont be too... inaccurate of a read? if that makes sense. She has something to draw upon, her own experiences, when she writes it. But i donno the full details on her so please excuse me if im wrong. 

All-NewMarvelNowPointOne1-Page33_zps243a