The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

In Marvel Cinematic Universe news apparently Johnny Depp is in talks to play Stephen Strange in Marvel's long in development Doctor Strange film. But this is coming from Latino Review it's legitimacy his highly suspect. 

An unnamed source says that Depp, a long time Doctor Strange fan openly approached Marvel's Studios head Kevin Feige and petitioned for the role. 

For those unfamiliar, Stephen Strange was a brilliant neurosurgeon who lost the use of his hands following a horrific car accident. He spent his fortune searching for a cure to no avail and when all hope seemed lost he heard of a hidden temple in the Himalayas where a man named "The Ancient One" lived. The Ancient One was the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth (a very powerful sorcerer who protected humanity from magical and extra dimensional threats). When Baron Mordo a student of the Ancient One attempted to kill his Master Strange thwarted the attack the Ancient One  decided to teach Strangein the ways of Magic. After the Anciet One passed to the next life Strange took over as the new Sorcerer Supreme. His base of operations, the Sanctum Santorum located in New York sits on a confluence of Ley Lines and constantly draw supernatural threats to him. Being in New York he occasionally comes into contact with other Marvels including Spider-Man, The X-Men and The Fantastic Four.

Posted

He's also a founding member of the Defenders, right? Though that probably wont come up in the MCU, since there is already another team of Defenders being made.

Posted

If they do a team with doctor strange they should do the midnight sons

Posted

Well the Defenders are in the MCU, but on Netflix and not the Silver Screen. So I really really doubt they will cross over much with the Silver Screen heroes, except maybe a few cameos.

Posted

Just a tiny update, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D just introduced the MCU version of Jack Frost. He's a ice covered character that predates Bobby Drake (Iceman) by 25 years.

254px-JackFrost_Marvel.jpg

Edit: 

It's actually Donald Gill aka Blizzard.

Blizzard.jpg

Posted

Hey guys, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has it's own designation. It is Earth-199999, it is considered one of Marvel's many parallel realities. The main universe is Earth 616 and Ultimate is Earth-1610.

Posted

A while ago I mentioned that The Avengers: Age of Ultron would have two villains Ultron and Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. Today it was announced that actor Thomas Kretschmann who currently plays Van Helsing in NBC's reimagined Dracula series will play the leader of Hydra.

Thomas-Kretschmann-thomas-kretschmann-19

Posted

Oh man, in the next issue of Superior Spider-Man, the Goblin War is starting! I'm so excited!!

Posted

Do you think Ultron would be made by Hydra? Since ant-man won't be there?

I know very little about this.

Posted

You know, I didn't see every marvel movie before avengers came out, but I think maybe I should see all of the relevant movies before avengers 2 does. I thought ant-man was officially going to be in Avengers 2?

Posted

No, Ant-Man is phase 3, the first phase 3 movie actually. Phase 2 ends with Avengers 2.

There are rumors that Hydra will create Ultron, but also rumors that Hank Pym, the original Ant-Man (and not the "star" of the Ant-Man movie) will be a villain in the Ant-Man movie. Like in the Ultimate series. So yeah who knows~

Also, Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver are rumored to start off as Hydra members, similar to how they started off in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

Posted

Will there be more after phase 3? Or is this some kind of really elongated trilogy?

Posted

I'd be surprised if it ended with Phase 3, though Phase 3 is supposed to introduce a lot more characters, most likely to replace the current characters since, you know, an actor cant play the same role forever.

Posted

X-Men Legacy vol 2 is ending. Replacing it will be X-Men Legacy vol 3! This new series will feature and focus on Nightcrawler, after he returns to the Marvel Universe via the events happening in the first arc of Amazing X-Men, which is on it's 3rd issue.

Posted

I really think Marvel should put a season number on all thes relaunched titles. Shit is confusing