Dark Souls the General Thread

317 posts in this topic

Posted

Why didn't he just buy Dark Souls 2...

I imagine most people even care for the Dark Souls PVP moved on to 2, but I don't know. If you just mean regular PVP, then he just needs Red Eye or Blue Eye Cracked Orbs to invade others. There are also other PVP items that let him invade other worlds or be summoned to other worlds to fight/duel others.

The most popular PVP area in the game is after the Artorias boss fight located in the DLC. Funny enough, there's a coliseum-like area in this area, but everyone just fights on the decently sized area before the bonfire. You could look up PVP videos and most of them would probably be in this area.

Posted

My understanding is I have to use the red sign soapstone for coordinated dueling. I've watched a fair amount of them and most people seem to prefer:

Undead Burg outside the first bonfire there

Duke's Archives, all over the place

The room where you fight Lautrec in Anor Londo

Can't tell if people like Darkroot Garden or if there just happens to be a lot of activity there because of the covenant but yeah

Oolacile Township

Also I think people avoid the DLC area's coliseum so they don't accidentally shank their waifu Ciaran, but I dunno.

Posted

The Project Beast footage that most of the screenshots are from is on youtube now, so that's cool

Posted

And VaatiVidya's analysis of the video:

Pretty interesting stuff. I especially like how he pointed out the final part where the character snaps the weapon to its full length. Stuff like that is always cool as bananas to me.

なべ likes this

Posted

So Dark Souls is free for Xbox live gold members right now. That's neat.

Posted

Just joined Chase in the Dark Souls 100% achievements club :D

Posted

Nice! Wasn't so bad, right? It makes me look forward to doing II at some point.

Posted

The hardest part was just trying to do as little as possible in New Game ++ so I could just get the third Soul of Sif I needed and not have to fight a bunch of hugely bolstered bosses. Knight's Honor was the very last trophy I got and that was more a test of resourcefulness.

Seriously glad I didn't have to farm red/blue titanite slabs from enemies though like I thought was required. :o

Posted

This looks amazing

Posted

Posted (edited)

Ok this actually looks amazing, I need a PS4 now, not looking forward to paying for online though, even with the benefits of PS+

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)

Posted

Also, in case everybody isn't in the same know as the Souls fans in chat are, Miyazaki revealed that Bloodborne will not have armor or shields. From the trailer, though, it seems the player will still be able to wear different types of clothes, obviously to customize your character to look cool.

I don't know if it's been confirmed that they're purely aesthetic, but I'm hoping maybe it's like Monster Hunter where they give you abilities that you can mix and match or just keeping it simple and making them more like rings and possibly thus forgoing rings in favor of just armor. Either way, that trailer looks fantastic, as Doubs said.

Posted (edited)

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin has been announced for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC for release on April 7, 2015

FROM SOFTWARE have announced that the definitive edition of Dark Souls II will be coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One in April 2015. It will include updated visuals, rebalanced gameplay, a higher maximum number of players for online play, new and deadlier enemies, a brand new NPC to discover, expanded lore and new in-game events.

The game also has the Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, and Crown of the Ivory King DLC included.

It's kind of like the Prepare to Die edition of Dark Souls II I guess, and I'm guessing the version on Steam will be replaced by this. First time the game will be released on PS4 and Xbox One of course. A month after Bloodborne has been released on PS4 too. I doubt I'll be picking this up right away since I beat the original back in March but since I haven't shelled out $30 to play the Dark Souls II DLC yet I might pick it up down the line, I don't know.

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)